The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 hours ago, Elixir said:

You have a £40 million barn in the countryside to pay for soon - apparently.

They could always put some big porcelain cows (or sheep?) in the club shop and get their mug fans to pay for it.

4 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Its not even like it's a diddy team. By almost every measure you've got to concede that Sunderland are a bigger team than Aberdeen. Massive support with a huge potential. The fact that we're getting around a million quid for him is a bonus in my eyes. He's done a terrific job and as much as I'm gutted he's leaving, he's earned it. I'll be watching Sunderland keenly next year, and I really hope he gets them up. I also hope he gets the time he deserves to create a good squad. 

Agreed 

Now imagine he was fucking off to MK Dons or some other shite

Now that would be a minter 

Am I missing something with Adams? Plymouth fans seem to love him but always had him down as a god bothering lunatic. 

Have to say reading their forum it does echo with whats just happened/happening to us :lol:

Edited by shootingboots

Adams would be unreal patter, tbh. We haven't had a proper lunatic as manager since, well, McGhee. 

Tommy Wright is the obvious candidate for me. Very knowledgeable at this level, some European experience and, for all the complaints about his brand of football, I think he has quite a similar style to McInnes. He could also offer stability in what could be a difficult summer to negotiate. I don't think his St Johnstone are even a particularly 'anti-football' side; I was certainly impressed with some of their performances against us over the past couple of seasons - the 5-1 at Pittodrie and the 3-0 at McDiarmid come to mind. If he could take Joe Shaughnessy back with him and have a word with Stevie May, all the better. 

On 2017-6-13 at 09:13, Karl Fletcher said:

Saints fans may correct me but I think McInnes used similar tactics at St Johnstone, doesn't mean he's a negative Manager.

He's just pishing with the cock he's got. 

Consider yourself corrected

51 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Am I missing something with Adams? Plymouth fans seem to love him but always had him down as a god bothering lunatic. 

Have to say reading their forum it does echo with whats just happened/happening to us :lol:

IIRC some Plymouth fans have Sevco levels of delusion regarding their place in the footballing world 

No surprises to see Biggie a seething mess though it is slightly odd that it seems to be about something that's nothing to do with his club.

15 minutes ago, RiG said:

No surprises to see Biggie a seething mess though it is slightly odd that it seems to be about something that's nothing to do with his club.

Even odder that his attempted comeback relates to a cup that his club haven't won since the finishing touches were being put on the Titanic. Reckon it's another flailing, all-forum mental breakdown IMO.

I'm split on how well I would want him to do at Sunderland. On one hand, he has done an excellent job at Aberdeen and I like him on a personal level; on the other hand, most Sunderland fans, from what I have read on their forum, seem like utter weapons and I want them to fail. 

But if it's their version of AFC Chat then of course they're going to be weapons. All football supports are basically the same mix.

Mon the Mackems!

10 hours ago, capt_oats said:

The absolute meltdown on Plymouth's forum off the back of Adams touting himself for the Aberdeen job is pretty special.

Surely two pensioners, a middle aged housewife from Lipson and a sheepdog called 'Jess' can't actually generate a meltdown?

14 minutes ago, The_Judge said:
11 hours ago, capt_oats said:

The absolute meltdown on Plymouth's forum off the back of Adams touting himself for the Aberdeen job is pretty special.

Surely two pensioners, a middle aged housewife from Lipson and a sheepdog called 'Jess' can't actually generate a meltdown?

That's harsh, not to say ill informed. Plymouth has a population in excess of 1/4 million and Argyle's average home attendance last season was around the 9,000 mark.

Wasn't so much a dig at Plymouth Argyle as a club...was more the idea that their forum was some kind of famous footballing hotspot renowned for its intensity :angel Maybe the phrase 'absolute meltdown' (and/or ' seething mess') has become too common.