The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

It was closer to the 800k mark I'm sure. Its the kind of player Aberdeen may be willing to spend a wee bit of cash on. Still young with lots of potential if he gets over this injury. As I said its all hearsay but its not totally ridiculous to think he could come in permanently however Grayson has been quoted as saying he would like him to come back next season fully fit with games under his belt.

It was £1m. Sheffield Wednesday got the full fee they paid us back (£800k), and we had a 20% fee so got £200k.

Are you not the guy who claimed we were going to make a swap deal with Aberdeen to reduce a fee they would be paying us, involving Goodwillie who was able to sign for us for free at that time.

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you not the guy who claimed we were going to make a swap deal with Aberdeen to reduce a fee they would be paying us, involving Goodwillie who was able to sign for us for free at that time.

Goodwillie for O'Halloran iirc. 

I'm still patiently waiting for the signings of Jackson Irvine, Greg Stewart, Craig Slater 'only held up by compensation', a Man United player...

ETA: A Liverpool player, Jamie Ness...

Edited by Menzel

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Grown men on the Internet patently pretending to be #ITK is one of the most criminally underrated aspects of transfer windows, IMO. 

I would add a lot of journalist that pretend to be ITK and really haven't got a clue. The only one I would believe is Scott Burns from Daily Express who seems to get majority of our targets right normally the day before. 

I do laugh at Scott Burns exclusive today with Christie and then the rest of the journalist tweeting the same info as it was them that had the exclusive.

Edited by Milners

3 minutes ago, Contra said:

Christie joining on loan?

A think he's a cracking player  the longer he's a Celtic and not getting game time his career is just going to go down the toilet  . Come to Aberdeen get regular football and wee might be able to strike a deal on a permanent deal in the summer 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Maybe just me but I thought maddison was excellent to watch and in my opinion he is a lot better than Christie. Maddison was a joy to watch

Correct, a man down without the ball but a cut above Scottish football with it.

Goodwillie for O'Halloran iirc. 

Aye that was it, something mental like £100k+Goodwillie, in January when Goodwillies contract expired that Summer.

Interesting signing - potential to be more effective than Maddison was as he was a bit too lightweight at times

Might lead to a permanent deal which would be good.

Hard to see how he fits in at Celtic when they want to improve on their current situation.

Guess it's only a matter of time before we get the whole "Abergreen" shite again. Mind you, Celtic loaning out players to rivals of The Rangers is funny as f*ck.

Also people are saying we shouldn't be developing Celtic youngsters ahead of our own: Christie is streets ahead of any of our young players. He's not guaranteed a start every week for us but he's a good player.

That's him officially signed on loan. I hope there is room for a permanent deal, otherwise I think it's a bit of a tough one for our youngsters to take really.

I really don't get this attitude! Was it a tough one for your youngsters to take when Maddison came in on loan, or Danny Ward last season?

Seeing some of the comments on social media and Ab Mad you'd think you's just loaned Hitler for half a season.

He's one of the best young players in the league and will add something to your team and might well be the difference between 2nd and 3rd/4th.

Is the problem purely because he's coming in from Celtic?

I really don't get this attitude! Was it a tough one for your youngsters to take when Maddison came in on loan, or Danny Ward last season?

Seeing some of the comments on social media and Ab Mad you'd think you's just loaned Hitler for half a season.

He's one of the best young players in the league and will add something to your team and might well be the difference between 2nd and 3rd/4th.

Is the problem purely because he's coming in from Celtic?

No, because Norwich and Liverpool don't play in the same league as us.

He is a good player absolutely, and if he can be signed permanently then I'd be happy with this.