The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Be a shame if the lower deck was busy for 14 matches a season yet empty for the other 5. Not sure whether having the kids beside the pissed up corporate folk is a good idea either. Seems strange to ask long term fans to move and be replaced by potential fans. Is the RDS upper not a better area for families? Much less disruption moving them up there I'd have thought.

Be a shame if the lower deck was busy for 14 matches a season yet empty for the other 5. Not sure whether having the kids beside the pissed up corporate folk is a good idea either. Seems strange to ask long term fans to move and be replaced by potential fans. Is the RDS upper not a better area for families? Much less disruption moving them up there I'd have thought.

The Upper is less convenient when it comes to use of the concourse, I suppose.

I've been crying out for this. You take a kid to the football and they're sitting in a damp shed for 2 hours where they can barely see what's going on.

In the RDS they'll get a much better impression and be more inclined to want to come back. Plus all the space for activities.

Stick the neds and nutters in the Merkland for a bit of atmosphere. Kind of an away day at home sort of thing. It's definitely known our away support is more vocal than our home. If we can get the vocal element of our support concentrated it'll make for a better atmosphere. I'll certainly be sitting (standing hopefully) there.

Great idea.

• Singing section on same level with rest of stadium should help sound fill the stadium and encourage others to join in.
  • Kids in the RDS lower means a better family day out in terms of match day experience/facilities - encouraging kids/families to keep coming.
  • More people in the south, which has a fairly good atmosphere already should enhance the atmosphere.
  • Close the RDS upper except when demand necessitates opening it - save cash and have a better atmosphere because the rest of the stadium will be more tightly packed.

Hayes only out for a month, not ideal but could be worse.

Draper not cited, a difficult one for the compliance officer, without one half of Glasgow losing their shit how is he supposed to act?

At least he's available to get booked for diving against Celtic at the weekend.

Have seen it mentioned a few times but surely McInnes can't be in trouble for his post match comments? He was calm, measured and polite if critical. That would be the tin lid.

Dare I say it - the outcry from Aberdeen over Collums performance - McInnes publicly criticising, captain criticising, prominent Aberdeen supporting pundits harping on about it, petition signing and a full day of local radio talking about said decisions and the petition.

Very, very OF-esque.

Edited by Deefiant

Dare I say it - the outcry from Aberdeen over Collums performance - McInnes publicly criticising, captain criticising, prominent Aberdeen supporting pundits harping on about it, petition signing and a full day of local radio talking about said decisions and the petition.

Very, very OF-esque.

No, no, no. We'll need to call all referees cheats, say that the SFA is against us, have our fans fedex razor blade and shite filed valentines to everyone who's an official to even come close to that.

Very, very OF-esque.

People just care about the famous Aberdeen, TBH m8.

Very, very OF-esque.

1. It was a horrendous performance that has almost certainly stopped our title chase (which Scottish Football fans ought to be backing). If Collum had done his job, we'd have won. Aberdeen's 'outcry' has been measured and to be honest less than proportional to the consequences of his performance.

2. There is no OF

If Collum had done his job, we'd have won.

You simply don't know that. If one penalty was given, you don't know if you'd even have had another decision, or if ICT would go and score three goals. So stop with pish like this.

Especially when most Aberdeen supporters seem to be admitting that you were pretty poor on the night.

You simply don't know that. If one penalty was given, you don't know if you'd even have had another decision, or if ICT would go and score three goals. So stop with pish like this.

Especially when most Aberdeen supporters seem to be admitting that you were pretty poor on the night.

You're right, we can't say "we'd have won" , that is nonsense and we were definitely poor. It's just annoying to be poor at the same time as the ref has a mare and ICT put on a good/middling performance by their standards. As Michael Stewart said on the wireless the other night, big decisions change games.

Not one went our way including the (not)offside 3rd goal, and one decision for us or one not for them and we get a boost and probably some points.

I'll move if they let me sit in the main stand for the same price though. f**k sitting in the merkland.

That's what I see the issue being. From a personal perspective for those in the RDL, they/ have no incentive to move as it's either going to be a view that they don't like as much in one of the 3 other stands, or a more expensive seat. Rightfully so, some people will reject the idea as they are entitled to do so.

The disappointing thing about the plans to change seating arrangements is there being no thought given to moving the away fans. Call me a conspiracy theorist but I don't think it helps that the away fans are next to the south stand linesman. Where we'd actually move them to, I'm not sure. Perhaps a section of the main stand, perhaps the upper RDS.