The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Don exotic said:

Looks like the team are having a good evening. Is the performance as good as the scoreline? Still hoping for more signings. Especially, if the expected players leave.

They played ok.

But Brechin are horrendous, so let’s wait & see.

Doesn’t do any harm to score a load of goals though.

I’d like to know how long Barron is out for, & is Ferguson injured or being kept out pending a move?

We’re without our current best midfield 3 of Ferguson Barron & Ramadani. 

2 hours ago, Don exotic said:

Looks like the team are having a good evening. Is the performance as good as the scoreline? Still hoping for more signings. Especially, if the expected players leave.

Brechin were horrendously bad but I liked the way we tried to keep the ball on the deck apart from the wayward shooting of Dante Polvara who twice fired a shot out of the stadium.

Tonight was probably the first time I can remember seeing a headed goal by Jonny Hayes.

Mason Hancock did fine at left back and Anthony Stewart as captain was unexpected.

10 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

Tonight was probably the first time I can remember seeing a headed goal by Jonny Hayes.

St Mirren away a couple of seasons back ?

image.png.3d8e9dc4424d102f4de9a95c87cad957.png

Edited by tarapoa

13 hours ago, Don exotic said:

I thought the performance was good, it was a strong team we put out there so I would expect most highland league teams to struggle against us. Brechin keeper had a nightmare in the 2nd half being at fault for 3 of the goals. 

Lot of pluses for us performance wise we tried to play football keeping it on the deck. Mason Hancock looked good and very skillful and a great ball for the 2nd goal. Vicente Besuijen looked very good along with his two goals, Harvey scoring his first goal for the club and I think he should have had a 2nd as the assistant ref gave offside and he didn't look offside. 

Stewart captain was a surprise but once we made 7 subs then McCrorie became captain. 

Wonder if the manager will make it a strong first team against Peterhead or will he mix it up a little like what other teams have done in the League Cup group stages. 

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Seeing the DABS sign Fletcher makes me relieved we've moved on from Derek/McGhee/JC's policy of signing players who used to be decent.

That's the type of name that'd have me inhaling through my teeth once I noticed they've been released.

He had a 1 in 13 goals to game ratio last season. That’s no 3 bad.

18 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Seeing the DABS sign Fletcher makes me relieved we've moved on from Derek/McGhee/JC's policy of signing players who used to be decent.

That's the type of name that'd have me inhaling through my teeth once I noticed they've been released.

b-b-but what about signing Griffiths?   © various AFC social media 

Edited by tarapoa