The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 hours ago, tree house tam said:

LASK who we played in Europe last season finished in the bottom half of the Austrian Bundesliga. They topped their conference league group stage and looked a half decent side, they eventually got put out by Slavia Prague.

There's bound to be some decent players just below their level.

Austria Vienna also got dumped by Breiðablik to set up a tie against us so I'm more inclined to think this is a better gauge.

Although that's no reflection on the boy that might be incoming. He will be judged on his own merits not by the standard by the Austrian second tier.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

18 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Austria Vienna also got dumped by Breiðablik to set up a tie against us so I'm more inclined to think this is a better gauge.

Although that's no reflection on the boy that might be incoming. He will be judged on his own merits not by the standard by the Austrian second tier.

We might finally sign that Icelandic left back 🤣

Dons legends Matty Longstaff and James Wilson face each other at Wembley this afternoon in the L2 play-off final.

Both previously scored at Old Trafford, so this should be easy enough.

7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Wilson is a really good footballer. Shame it didn't work out for him with us. Brilliant in the build-up to the first goal and just scored the second for Port Vale now. 

He just really could not be ersed when he played for us.  

Wilson is a really good footballer. Shame it didn't work out for him with us. Brilliant in the build-up to the first goal and just scored the second for Port Vale now. 

So that’s his level? I mean that in terms of effort and attitude, not in terms of ability or sour grapes

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

International, so it makes sense from a work permit perspective. Not sure what standard Hungary is nor what 11th in their league would be like. 

Slightly better than 12th, perhaps...

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Actually, 11th in the Hungarian top flight is 2nd bottom. So we're looking at St Johnstone levels of incompetence here.

And yet there are a few St Johnstone players who would probably improve us as I'm sure this Albanian international midfielder will too.