The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

11 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

What an embarrassing article.

Nothing like a lover scorned etc

Expect Burns to churn out load of this kind of shite for the foreseeable 

And some Twitter dandies still want to stick up for a daily record journalist over the club

Weirdos 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

He looked less impressive than Ethan Ross looked this time last year. 

Looked a bit tricky and confident on the ball but no end product (except a goal, lol). 

I'd rather we didn't help Celtic develop their assets and will be raging if he comes back on loan. 

I didn’t really get when people said that about Christie as he was already a proven asset in this league who would have got in to a top 6 team quite easily but I get it with Montgomery as it was his debut season and wasn’t getting rave reviews. I was shocked that Aberdeen went for him tbh as I thought Kilmarnock were taking him in the championship.

ETA - Hi @Jacksgranda hiya pal 

Edited by gannonball

12 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

Why is it assumed McLennan and Campbell are away? Given the amount of turnover I’d guess they’d be staying as cheap-ish depth options for the squad and both still young even if they were poor last year

I think Campbell might have a chance at improving with different coaching. Joining up with the manager that coached ultra-caution into him in the first place wasn’t great for his development. He’s got skills, it’s the mental side that’s questionable. 

Almost the exact opposite of McLennan in fact.

14 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

Why is it assumed McLennan and Campbell are away? Given the amount of turnover I’d guess they’d be staying as cheap-ish depth options for the squad and both still young even if they were poor last year

Could be wrong but I’m guessing that he’s one them that spat the dummy out ,McLennan that is . Hardly kicked a ball last few weeks . 
i be surprised and pissed off if he’s still here  next season

., Duncan will be an upgrade 

10 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I know it's worded in a way to try and gain sympathy for Considine. All it's done is make me question how much he was on before!

Aye good point that I had not thought about.

If he was offered between £2k and £3k a week basic + expenses + bonuses, and that was a derogatory offer then aye what is he on....

Starts to paint the picture why Goodwin ended the negotiations.

Hopefully plenty wages for new signings

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Interview with the former manager we’ve moved on from - a lot of Insightful Dons chat from around 18 mins in….

Was tempted to watch this but the boy Slane is usually unbearable. Just how much does he get involved?

I thought that Montgomery was an absolute bomb scare every time he took to the pitch. His time at Aberdeen was perfectly summed up last Wednesday in Perth, couldn’t pass the ball to a teammate, his decision making was awful and he was caught in possession time after time. Never going to get a game at Celtic, but I did think that about Ralston as well, so what do I know.

7 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Was tempted to watch this but the boy Slane is usually unbearable. Just how much does he get involved?

I listened to an hour of it and he’s fairly low key. I’d say you’re safe. I remember listening to one with Kenny McLean and switching off after 5 minutes as it was excruciating. 

3 hours ago, the tungston weasel said:

Not that I want to be tagged as part of the McInnes FC crowd, I think that interview shows that a cormack McInnes team would never of worked.

Tbh that interview reaffirms my view of Derek. 

I really like him, and I’m glad he speaks really highly of the club and doesn’t come across with any real bitterness. 

He says himself that he had 8 good years but it’s over and he’s moved on. Simple as that. 

He’s a bit defensive about the whole style of play thing but I wouldn’t expect any manager to admit his teams played shite football so not bothered by it. 

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye he’s one I really want to work out and he’s looked decent so far

The cynicism when we signed him made my teeth hurt 

16 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I think there’s a lot of work for him to do but he looks like he’s got ability and a decent head on his shoulders so fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Agreed. He reminds me a lot of Ferguson in his style of play. Seems to read the game well, good with the ball at his feet, and got a great engine. Very promising start.

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I thought that Montgomery was an absolute bomb scare every time he took to the pitch. His time at Aberdeen was perfectly summed up last Wednesday in Perth, couldn’t pass the ball to a teammate, his decision making was awful and he was caught in possession time after time. Never going to get a game at Celtic, but I did think that about Ralston as well, so what do I know.

He was on the verge of joining Championship Killie just before Glass stepped in & signed him.

That’s probably his level, somewhere in the Championship. 

10 hours ago, Rodhull said:

I'd no idea who either of them were - both very nasal weegie, but to be fair, ask decent enough questions just to allow him to talk openly.  I wouldn't let that put you off watching.

Let's just hope Goodwin has more luck with those at the top, as the one area where he did sound a tad bitter was the support offered in the Jan 2021 window.  Other than that, he was generally very positive - but stated himself that the natural end was near.

Edited by tarapoa

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Good read ,   aye like what I’ve seen so far .  Obviously full pre season do him wonders ,   fit like about in games he’s played he wants ball even when he’s marked  ,he’s got confidence . Also attempted few splitting passes .

Can see he’s got good ability and he can get around park . Him and Barron major upgrades on Ojo ,Mcgeough etc  So that’s a positive going in next season . Aye Dante might  just surprise  few next season .

10 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I'd no idea who either of them were - both very nasal weegie, but to be fair, ask decent enough questions just to allow him to talk openly.  I wouldn't let that put you off watching.

Let's just hope Goodwin has more luck with those at the top, as the one area where he did sound a tad bitter was the support offered in the Jan 2021 window.  Other than that, he was generally very positive - but stated himself that the natural end was near.

I used to watch the show pretty often when it was just Ferry interviewing people and it was decent but he had Slane on as a guest one time and it was pretty clear he was seen as the kind of guy that was a complete fuckup that they all found hilarious so they kept him around and a lot of it became about his patter rather than interviewing any guests they had on.

Their non-interview stuff has always been excruciating though. Just your bog standard man at the pub, weedgie centric, dumb as f**k punditry that makes sportsound seem like a meeting of the minds by comparison.