The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Ramsay must be shocked with picking this up. Odd brilliant glimpses earlier season but was also getting caught out too many times . and apart from Dens couple weeks ago ,has offered us nothing since he came back.   Looks like he’s got club tied up since Ojo is keeping him out the side. Well this announcement will help our fee . 

He was the best candidate amongst the nominees to be fair.

On 25/04/2022 at 22:33, AJF said:

Maybe if you had the likes of Gordon, Kingsley, Halkett, Souttar and McKay to go along with him you would.

Gordon and Kingsley are better than what we have but

Halkett isn't obviously better than Gallagher 

Souttar isn't obviously better than McCrorie 

McKay isn't obviously very good at all. 

Arguably they have slightly better players than us but the difference in quality is fairly insignificant. The difference is mainly that they're well drilled and play as a team, with purpose. 

16 hours ago, AndyM said:

The difference this season for Hearts has been Craig Gordon. The guy is an 8/10 every week, makes unbelieveable saves and for me he is the reason Hearts are above the rest of the clubs sitting 4-10. Soutar is a good player but the rest are either walking injuries or average players who have had the odd good game. Last time I saw Hearts with him not playing, they lost 2-1 at St Johnstone.

Fair play to you if you think Craig Gordon has swung us a 19-point gap.

Hearts are a side with flaws, but they're clearly miles better than anyone else outwith the OF. Indeed, the table says Hearts are as much better than the pack as the OF are than Hearts. You don't end up more than six wins better than everyone else and in a cup final just because you've got a good keeper.

I see a fair bit of moaning on this thread about refereeing decisions. These things happen to all clubs, and Hearts have had major injury worries all season, but just keep rolling along.

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Arguably they have slightly better players than us but the difference in quality is fairly insignificant. The difference is mainly that they're well drilled and play as a team, with purpose. 

You shouldn't be allowed to watch fitba.

Fucking hell.

58 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

No foul had been given because the referee was playing advantage due to the keeper still having the ball in his hand. As soon as Besuijen steps across Stryjek to prevent him releasing the ball, that is a foul. The ref only has to stop play once Stryjek also commits an offence, which is exactly what happened in the game.

The only mistake was giving Stryjek a yellow rather than a red.

Could it have been a penalty to Aberdeen?

16 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

You shouldn't be allowed to watch fitba.

Fucking hell.

I'd say Souttar is arguably better than McCrorie but not obviously. 

I've not seen as much of McKay as i guess you have but didn't see anything about him to merit a special  mention against us and in the SC semi all he did was some unsporting rolling about to try to get a young hibs player sent off. I guess i've missed all his good stuff. 

59 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hearts are a side with flaws, but they're clearly miles better than anyone else outwith the OF. Indeed, the table says Hearts are as much better than the pack as the OF are than Hearts. You don't end up more than six wins better than everyone else and in a cup final just because you've got a good keeper.

I see a fair bit of moaning on this thread about refereeing decisions. These things happen to all clubs, and Hearts have had major injury worries all season, but just keep rolling along.

I'd say he's certainly swung you at least double figures in points. Andy Goram did that for Hibs when I was watching them in my teens. Allan McGregor has done that for Rangers in the last couple of years.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Gordon has faced 150 shots on target and conceded 33 goals, saved 119.

Lewis has faced 75 shots on target and conceded 35, saved 45. (The save stats must include some shots that were off target)

It's not all the keeper as the chances created against Aberdeen have likely been better (Bates likes to bring the ball under control and roll it to a striker on the penalty spot for example).

I think Aberdeen have the highest number of points from a losing position (because we always seem to concede first), but have a misfiring forward line so rarely turn 1 point into 3.

Edited by HunterAFC

16 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Even though the ball was still in play? I really need to educate myself on the rules 

The ball was only "in play" because the referee had allowed play to continue despite the foul from the Aberdeen player.

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

I think all of the Hearts players i mentioned would be starters every week for Aberdeen and would be a significant upgrade, based on this season’s showings.

Certainly Goodwin may develop the players you mention and the rest of the squad, but as it stands, those players are better than your Aberdeen counterparts.

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think all of the Hearts players i mentioned would be starters every week for Aberdeen and would be a significant upgrade, based on this season’s showings.

Certainly Goodwin may develop the players you mention and the rest of the squad, but as it stands, those players are better than your Aberdeen counterparts.

Ok mate.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I think it's too easy to say that given their league position, the Aberdeen players just need direction it's too early to judge Goodwin.
Nelson has had two years at building a team.

15 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think it's too easy to say that given their league position, the Aberdeen players just need direction it's too early to judge Goodwin.
Nelson has had two years at building a team.

2 years to build a strong column through the spine of the team?