The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

From the email today, we've only had 5,000 season tickets sold so far at the price freeze.

I’d say that’s an incredible number considering we sold about 9500 in total before start of last season. That and the state the club is in, it’s a lot more support than cormack deserves! 

6 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

The Mcinnes lovers in the AFC support surprisingly quiet tonight after he was tactically outclassed by Billy Dodds.......

I was a McInnes lover but given that the majority of Killie games have been on TV since DM took over, its clear that they are poor league leaders and have fluked a number of wins in that time. The glory is now standing in front of the Red Lichties. 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I was a McInnes lover but given that the majority of Killie games have been on TV since DM took over, its clear that they are poor league leaders and have fluked a number of wins in that time. The glory is now standing in front of the Red Lichties. 

And a Killie v Aberdeen playoff, it's in the stars.

it's going to be fantastic viewing.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Do you think that Killie would get past Partick Thistle or Caley?

See post above.

Honestly, I not seen Kille play this season, but I have watched about 15 Aberdeen games (I watch with my BIL and his dad from afar, whataspping during the games). I not sure they could take any of those teams, you are so up and down.

Edited by SlipperyP

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

See post above.

Honestly, I not seen Kille play this season, but I have watched about 15 Aberdeen games (I watch with my BIL and his dad from afar, whataspping during the games). I not sure they could take any of those teams, you are so up and down.

Hopefully we get Livingston and Dundee on two of our ups.

16 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

The Mcinnes lovers in the AFC support surprisingly quiet tonight after he was tactically outclassed by Billy Dodds.......

I still think he'll probably get Killie over the line.  If he does - and assuming we're not relegated - it'll be interesting to see how Killie do next season compared to us.  He's starting with a weak squad and much less resources than Goodwin, but I don't have a huge amount of confidence we'll finish above them.

I've no axe to grind with McInnes, he did an excellent job for the Dons (one which may be appreciated better in a couple of years time) and althought he lost his way at the end by all accounts (for whatever reason) I wish him well with his future endeavours.

On 16/04/2022 at 07:41, kingjoey said:

Do you think that Killie would get past Partick Thistle or Caley?

Killie will win the championship and as much as I'd love to see Aberdeen go down, it won't happen.  Goodwin is savvy enough to get through the next 5 games.

22 minutes ago, bennett said:

Killie will win the championship and as much as I'd love to see Aberdeen go down, it won't happen.  Goodwin is savvy enough to get through the next 5 games.

I wish I was as confident.  With the cushion we have we should be safe, but Goodwin has adopted the very high risk strategy of making it clear to a number of the players we'll be depending on to keep us safe that he doesn't rate them.  This will kill confidence and motivation.  On top of that we have players who don't expect to be here next season anyway so won't be fearing the Championship no matter what happens.

A complete crash and burn where we go through the final 5 games scarcely picking up any points looks to me by no means impossible.  We could also be dependent on the same players in the play offs.

I'm not saying we'll get relegated - without going through the permutations I imagine we don't need too many more points to be safe - but I do think there's a genuine risk.  Ironically I'd be 100% sure we'd have stayed up if we hadn't sacked Glass - it's Goodwin's bull in a china shop act that's put us in danger.

6 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

I wish I was as confident.  With the cushion we have we should be safe, but Goodwin has adopted the very high risk strategy of making it clear to a number of the players we'll be depending on to keep us safe that he doesn't rate them.  This will kill confidence and motivation.  On top of that we have players who don't expect to be here next season anyway so won't be fearing the Championship no matter what happens.

A complete crash and burn where we go through the final 5 games scarcely picking up any points looks to me by no means impossible.  We could also be dependent on the same players in the play offs.

I'm not saying we'll get relegated - without going through the permutations I imagine we don't need too many more points to be safe - but I do think there's a genuine risk.  Ironically I'd be 100% sure we'd have stayed up if we hadn't sacked Glass - it's Goodwin's bull in a china shop act that's put us in danger.

Fair comment. Surprising strategy before ensuring safety.

53 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

I never expected that from Goodwin, he always seemed (as a manager) that he had his head screwed on.

Could he be trying to get the players to raise their game and show that they belong at Aberdeen?