The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I see the Press and Journal are saying that JET's contract will be terminated in the next few days as well.

Thought he was an uninspiring signing at the time but really didn't think he'd turn out to be quite as much of a disaster as he has.

I have to admit JET had me hoodwinked after that hacken game. I thought he was brilliant that night. He did show glimpses of that in the following couple of months too.

The first warning sign was livi away early on when he started on his own up front. He was absolutely stinking, properly wretched. 

St Mirren away was the end, had clearly just given up and was fat. A disappointment as he’s clearly capable (technically) of being a good player. 

20 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

Yes he should never had been given a new contract last summer. 

Hearing we are interested in Oisin McEntee from Newcastle as Devlin's replacement. He's currently on loan at Morton which should lead to a meltdown of "is this the best we can attract" when clearly he would be back up to Bates and Gallagher.

We need a first pick central defender though, not a “back” up to Gallagher/Bates. 

Dave Cormack deserves most of the blame for this. His ego trip of appointing Atlanta's B team coach and sticking with him for so long has caused this. He deserves the criticism coming his way.

That players also shouldn't escape it. I've only made two games this season due to moving away from Aberdeen, but both games we were absolutely shite with no real fight about us.

Just now, BucksburnDandy said:

Dave Cormack deserves most of the blame for this. His ego trip of appointing Atlanta's B team coach and sticking with him for so long has caused this. He deserves the criticism coming his way.

That players also shouldn't escape it. I've only made two games this season due to moving away from Aberdeen, but both games we were absolutely shite with no real fight about us.

Absolutely this

I’m loathed to bring up McInnes, particularly as I was a big advocate for change, but this season doesn’t happen under his watch 

To get that replacement appointment so staggeringly wrong is unforgivable 

Club needs gutted from top to bottom 

Abhorrent 

Whilst Glass clearly wasn't up to it, I actually think there's a better chance that we would have scraped top six if we had stuck with him. 

Anyway, the only aim now is to stay in the league. After that performance, I'm not sure I trust this squad to accumulate six more points than St Johnstone post-split. What a mess. 

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

The Goodwin and Robinson manager swap still a possibility then lads? How about it? Can’t be any worse - for either of us. Both of our records since Goodwin buggered off are utter shite.

Goodwin will be lucky to see out the season at the rate he's going. 

18 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Absolutely this

I’m loathed to bring up McInnes, particularly as I was a big advocate for change, but this season doesn’t happen under his watch 

To get that replacement appointment so staggeringly wrong is unforgivable 

Club needs gutted from top to bottom 

Abhorrent 

Why?

The run of form, performances and the general awfulness up front at the end of his time was as bad as anything we saw this season.