The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2021/22

5 minutes ago, scoobles said:

I would have an interested Chris Maguire in my team any week. 

Have I missed a story to include him with the other two? 

I once held a door open for him at Union Square and he didn't say thanks or even acknowledge me. Whenever I have seen that he has scored a goal since then, on the Soccer Saturday vidiprinter or whatever, I have been reminded of that incident and actively want him and his team to lose. 

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I once held a door open for him at Union Square and he didn't say thanks or even acknowledge me. Whenever I have seen that he has scored a goal since then, on the Soccer Saturday vidiprinter or whatever, I have been reminded of that incident and actively want him and his team to lose. 

Should be in the Hague for that! 

I would have an interested Chris Maguire in my team any week. 
Have I missed a story to include him with the other two? 

Nothing on the scale of the other two, just always struck me as a bit of a fanny and part of a generation of young players who were up themselves and thought they’d made it after their first pro contract. Seems to be less of a feature amongst the players coming through in Scotland these days.

12 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Nothing on the scale of the other two, just always struck me as a bit of a fanny and part of a generation of young players who were up themselves and thought they’d made it after their first pro contract. Seems to be less of a feature amongst the players coming through in Scotland these days.

Fair point. 

Loved his runs with the ball apart from looking like a penguin as he used his hands for balance. 

We've had far worse 

23 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m a tad concerned that we will panic and offer Griffiths a contract. 

Could be wrong but If we were going to panic it would have been done while the window was open.

In fact I'm starting to think Diamond Dave has played a blinder here, watching all the other diddies fight over the detritus jettisoned by clubs during the shit window and is chillin by his pool with a rowie laughing at all the raging twitter kids with his wads of $ waiting for the real transfer window.😉

104153973-relax-in-the-pool-summer-young-and-successful-man-lying-on-a-sun-lounger-at-the-hotel-on-the-backgro.jpg.4254c8f571ae9521f8a5550164f4719c.jpg

48 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It's a good move for Campbell. Hopefully he kicks on from here.

I'm confused, I thought the transfer window was closed but now Campbell is off to Killie? The Daily Record page regarding the transfer seems to have been deleted

26 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'm confused, I thought the transfer window was closed but now Campbell is off to Killie? The Daily Record page regarding the transfer seems to have been deleted

Domestic loans to the Championship downwards are allowed for another month.

20 hours ago, kilMARKnock said:

So Dean Campbell looks a goer for DM, thoughts gents?

My worry if I were a Killie fan would be that his very recent form has been dreadful.  He's had two or three games in a row where he can't seem to do anything right and to me looks like a player whose confidence is completely shot.  If Deek can fix that and get him back to playing at his best, he'll be an asset.

Edited by Game of throw-ins

I’m in no way suggesting that Glass was an ideal appointment, but, I genuinely don’t think he’s as clueless as folk mhak oot. I can see how he wants his team tae play but the times it’s clicked have been few and far between. I think ahbody can agree that the next 3 games are likely tae decide his fate. But I canna help thinking he has been badly let doon by Cormack. The model was tae be Glass as first team coach under a DoF with a Head of Recruitment- none of which were in place when Glass was appointed resulting in flawed summer recruitment. Appointing the inexperienced Gunn as DoF, Mowbury is the invisible man, leading tae a farce o a January windae - Glass has been hung oot. He’s also been let doon by nae appointing an experienced no. 2. I got pelters on here for questioning the value of Russell - apart fae a few interesting set pieces, the novelty value of which has lang passed, I dinna see fit this boy brings tae the table. Scoring goals is oor main problem, he is apparently an ‘elite’ striking coach - it’s nae working. And finally, Glass has been let doon time efter time by players poor judgement and decision making - baith defensively and going forward.  This may sound like a defence o Glass, it’s nae, if we continue tae struggle in the next twa games and get bulleted fae the cup then he should probably go. But the lack o key people in the background structure and the negligence o nae supporting Glass in the January windae has deen the manager nae favours.

24 minutes ago, 72redz said:

I’m in no way suggesting that Glass was an ideal appointment, but, I genuinely don’t think he’s as clueless as folk mhak oot. I can see how he wants his team tae play but the times it’s clicked have been few and far between. I think ahbody can agree that the next 3 games are likely tae decide his fate. But I canna help thinking he has been badly let doon by Cormack. The model was tae be Glass as first team coach under a DoF with a Head of Recruitment- none of which were in place when Glass was appointed resulting in flawed summer recruitment. Appointing the inexperienced Gunn as DoF, Mowbury is the invisible man, leading tae a farce o a January windae - Glass has been hung oot. He’s also been let doon by nae appointing an experienced no. 2. I got pelters on here for questioning the value of Russell - apart fae a few interesting set pieces, the novelty value of which has lang passed, I dinna see fit this boy brings tae the table. Scoring goals is oor main problem, he is apparently an ‘elite’ striking coach - it’s nae working. And finally, Glass has been let doon time efter time by players poor judgement and decision making - baith defensively and going forward.  This may sound like a defence o Glass, it’s nae, if we continue tae struggle in the next twa games and get bulleted fae the cup then he should probably go. But the lack o key people in the background structure and the negligence o nae supporting Glass in the January windae has deen the manager nae favours.

I don’t think anyone particularly defended Russell, I think it was just odd that he was singled out in an overall team that was failing. None of the coaching staff, manager, DoF, Mowbray or cormack from a football perspective, have really proven their worth yet. 

What makes you single out Russell and not Brown or Apaloo? I don’t really see how any fan would be able to determine whether one of our “Assistant First Team Coaches” is performing any better or worse than the others.

I’d say it’s hard to judge Russell as a striker coach in particular, given that we only have one striker on the books to work with and barely any attacking players who can supply him.

Broon is nae wye acting as the Manger’s no. 2, his role is clearly a player and captain and certainly fan it comes tae match days.  Fair point aboot Apaloo, but, disnae get awah fae the fact Glass should have the support o at least one experienced member o his backroom staff whether that be as a no. 2 or DoF. Fill yir boots and tell me fit value you see coming fae Russell? 

Edited by 72redz