The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

IMO, that's 5 very winnable points thrown away in the last 2 outings, that would have left us fourth on 34 points. As it is we're sixth on goal difference from Dundee United, and and I fear we will struggle to make top six, which would be a terrible indictment on the current regime.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

IMO, that's 5 very winnable points thrown away in the last 2 outings, that would have left us fourth on 34 points. As it is we're sixth on goal difference from Dundee United, and and I fear we will struggle to make top six, which would be a terrible indictment on the current regime.

We don't need to worry. It's a transition season. Apparently. 

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

So we're transitioning from a top 6 side to a bottom 6 one. Wonderful

Exactly. Too many of our fans can't see it though. Happy to plod along as long as Cormack occasionally makes an appearance saying "I love Rowies" they'll lap it up. Part of the problem. I was actually really looking forward to seeing where the club went under Data Dave. Now i just wish he'd sod off.  

17 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Exactly. Too many of our fans can't see it though. Happy to plod along as long as Cormack occasionally makes an appearance saying "I love Rowies" they'll lap it up. Part of the problem. I was actually really looking forward to seeing where the club went under Data Dave. Now i just wish he'd sod off.  

I don't think he's going to. 

This is a big learning season for Dave. He's getting evidence that his ideas for how to improve things aren't as great as he thought. How he reacts to that evidence will determine how successful we are for the next decade or so. 

I'm hopeful that he will have enough sense to not delude himself and will do positive things. A bit worried that he won't but we'll see. 

Could be 7 considering we should have beaten Rangers too. All while Hearts have had a very tough run of fixtures.

I’ve been trying to look at the bright side under Glass but the team massively underachieving, cannot keep a clean sheet and persevering with dross as part of our “attack”.

On the plus side Besuijen looks a player, but we will be taking backward steps when we lose Ferguson and Ramsay in the summer

For those saying Cormack hasn’t backed Glass - he has. Just unfortunate the probable guts of £10k a week sitting on the bench in Gallagher and Jet

1 minute ago, scottorae said:

Could be 7 considering we should have beaten Rangers too. All while Hearts have had a very tough run of fixtures.

I’ve been trying to look at the bright side under Glass but the team massively underachieving, cannot keep a clean sheet and persevering with dross as part of our “attack”.

On the plus side Besuijen looks a player, but we will be taking backward steps when we lose Ferguson and Ramsay in the summer

For those saying Cormack hasn’t backed Glass - he has. Just unfortunate the probable guts of £10k a week sitting on the bench in Gallagher and Jet

True, but you don't expect to beat Rangers.  With all due respect to St Mirren and Ross County you do expect to beat them, even away from home. Or maybe think you have a better chance of beating them.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

This still remains the biggest problem for the current regime.

For the best part of the last decade, we'd probably have been able to see out the 1-0 lead from last night.

It wouldn't have been pretty, but the chances they'd have got the job done.  We'd have mainly accepted it, but with the usual moans about 'eye-bleeding' and 'entertainment' etc.....

Last night, County had offered little until we scored - then immediately swarmed all over the top us, hit the post and then scored two minutes later.  It was back into a level of frailty against the lower sides in the league that for the most part had been eliminated from AFC.

The performances against the bigger clubs this season have generally been decent - but the problem is even if we're on it there, the chances are it'll be a draw at best.  That is of little use, when we're shedding another two points unnecessarily in games like last night.

Was also interesting to hear Glass state they were in for a striker until late on Monday night - and that Hedges had become an unhappy player due to his agent's agenda.

Edited by tarapoa

1 hour ago, TommyDickFingers said:

😉

Isn't the rumour that he's off to Queen's Park? I don't want him at Aberdeen as, the off-field stuff aside, he isn't fit nor does he apparently have any interest getting fit. You also need to be creating chances for any striker to make best use of them...

Bruce Anderson is doing well this season with a creative wing-man like Alan Forrest. I didn't watch the match last night, but hopefully our new Dutchman can be the creative spark but we'll see how he does as the season progresses.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Raith could’ve waited a couple of days and signed a far more respectable member of society for free. 

I remember at one point Scotland under 21s had Goodwillie, Griffiths and Chris Maguire all in the squad. I’m glad that the next generation coming through seem to be a bit more switched on.

55 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I remember at one point Scotland under 21s had Goodwillie, Griffiths and Chris Maguire all in the squad. I’m glad that the next generation coming through seem to be a bit more switched on.

I would have an interested Chris Maguire in my team any week. 

Have I missed a story to include him with the other two? 

5 minutes ago, scoobles said:

I once held a door open for him at Union Square and he didn't say thanks or even acknowledge me. Whenever I have seen that he has scored a goal since then, on the Soccer Saturday vidiprinter or whatever, I have been reminded of that incident and actively want him and his team to lose. 

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I once held a door open for him at Union Square and he didn't say thanks or even acknowledge me. Whenever I have seen that he has scored a goal since then, on the Soccer Saturday vidiprinter or whatever, I have been reminded of that incident and actively want him and his team to lose. 

Should be in the Hague for that! 

Nothing on the scale of the other two, just always struck me as a bit of a fanny and part of a generation of young players who were up themselves and thought they’d made it after their first pro contract. Seems to be less of a feature amongst the players coming through in Scotland these days.

12 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Nothing on the scale of the other two, just always struck me as a bit of a fanny and part of a generation of young players who were up themselves and thought they’d made it after their first pro contract. Seems to be less of a feature amongst the players coming through in Scotland these days.

Fair point. 

Loved his runs with the ball apart from looking like a penguin as he used his hands for balance. 

We've had far worse