The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Lot of bed wetting on Twitter with folk threatened to quit DNA. Don't think the transfer window has been good but there is no point signing players for the sake of it.

Losing Hedges is a blow but if we have 2 new players decent then it's been an improvement.

I think we have decent squad but don't think our manager is getting the best out of them.

20 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Has that been confirmed that Watkins is out long term? 

Press conference a few weeks ago Glass said he is out for a few weeks. 

Eh no it’s not, although it’s been rumoured anywhere between March and the end of the season. 

I appreciate that wouldn’t stand up in court though so the jury can disregard that one 

2 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

There just seems to be too much inexperience at the club

A rookie manager, a junior DoF and a rich chairman with little experience of running an actual football club

It’s starting to show 

If we don’t get a result tonight, things could get pretty poisonous 

Yeah I totally agree, the entire football operation is being led by, not necessarily incompetents, but just guys without experience, with the exception of maybe Mowbray but he’s still just in the door. 

Glass was a bit too honest in his presser yesterday, mentioned a few times that it’s all new to him and it’s first time he’s been through this/learning curve etc. it’s just not brilliant PR with a matter of hours left of a poor window. 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah I totally agree, the entire football operation is being led by, not necessarily incompetents, but just guys without experience, with the exception of maybe Mowbray but he’s still just in the door. 

Glass was a bit too honest in his presser yesterday, mentioned a few times that it’s all new to him and it’s first time he’s been through this/learning curve etc. it’s just not brilliant PR with a matter of hours left of a poor window. 

Yup. Agreed. My pants are p1shed. It has been a very poor window when the squad badly needed a rebalance and some different options. We are an injury or two away from being a complete shambles. Surely the club hierarchy recognise that too.

The fixture list doesn't make for comforting reading either. Away to County, away to Livi, Celtic at home followed by two trips to Fir Park. I doubt anyone will be surprised to see us going into March out of the cup and in the bottom 4 or 5.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

There just seems to be too much inexperience at the club

A rookie manager, a junior DoF and a rich chairman with little experience of running an actual football club

It’s starting to show 

If we don’t get a result tonight, things could get pretty poisonous 

Not sure about tonight, it wasn't great at St Mirren with a lack of atmosphere from the start. I think the Motherwell game could be pretty poisonous if we lose that though

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s starting to show 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah I totally agree, the entire football operation is being led by, not necessarily incompetents, but just guys without experience, with the exception of maybe Mowbray

Question si vous plais : Why is Mowbray qualified / experienced  enough for his position but Gunn and Diamond Dave are not?

Aberdeen Twitter was some laugh last night eh🙄

The only saving grace is we still have a decent squad on paper. None of the teams about us improved much this window (probably St Mirren aside) so we should stiff have enough to see us through to the end of the season.

Unless Dante and Vicente are fantastic then it'll have to go down as a poor window.

20 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Question si vous plais : Why is Mowbray qualified / experienced  enough for his position but Gunn and Diamond Dave are not?

Aberdeen Twitter was some laugh last night eh🙄

Darren Mowbray worked in the recruitment teams of Burnley Leeds and Middlesbrough so has pervious experience I guess. 

School of thought - have the club kind of written off this season, and is Glass off the summer?

200K for our most creative player - what is that, the prize money difference for one league placing?  Not to mention what a cup run and European qualification could bring in.

A couple of youngsters that will maybe be up to speed for next season, and a space filler from the virginia slims.  This feels a wee bitty like a holding pattern to redress the bloated squad size that was in place in the summer.

22 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

School of thought - have the club kind of written off this season, and is Glass off the summer?

200K for our most creative player - what is that, the prize money difference for one league placing?  Not to mention what a cup run and European qualification could bring in.

A couple of youngsters that will maybe be up to speed for next season, and a space filler from the virginia slims.  This feels a wee bitty like a holding pattern to redress the bloated squad size that was in place in the summer.

It certainly seems like they are maybe planning changes. A lot of players out of contract next season. That would be the only explanation for the short-termism of last night. People will reply with Besuijen getting a 4.5 year deal but that smacks of another ATL scam. The club in all honesty needs a root and branch clear out. Get experienced guys in there who know what they are doing. Glass saying in his pre match presser yesterday about how it's his 1st jan transfer window and how difficult it is? No shit sherlock. 

2 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

It certainly seems like they are maybe planning changes. A lot of players out of contract next season. That would be the only explanation for the short-termism of last night. People will reply with Besuijen getting a 4.5 year deal but that smacks of another ATL scam. The club in all honesty needs a root and branch clear out. Get experienced guys in there who know what they are doing. Glass saying in his pre match presser yesterday about how it's his 1st jan transfer window and how difficult it is? No shit sherlock. 

We really need to move on from the Atlanta paranoia over every half decent signing. Buying young talent and selling at profit is the only sustainable way to grow your club in Scottish football.

5 minutes ago, starryfish said:

aye fair enough but we had McGinn under contract until the end of the season, I'd have him on the pitch before any of those three.

McLennan ahead of McGinn every day for me.

McGinns legs aren't doing what his head is telling them these days.

McLennan is obviously limited but is quick and can beat a man. Needs a run of games and coached out of the McInnes way of playing out wide.

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We really need to move on from the Atlanta paranoia over every half decent signing. Buying young talent and selling at profit is the only sustainable way to grow your club in Scottish football.

It's got ATL written all over it though. Cormack has been clear about them giving us tips about south americans in Europe. 2 years ago we signed Hernandez on a 4.5 year deal. Vicente being Colombian born means it has their fingerprints all over it.