The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, big al said:

Never seem to be linked with strikers.

Only really got Ramirez, JET sits so deep and McGinn is past it. Watkins is apparently injured and doesn’t score enough wherever he plays.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get linked with another college level striker from America. That seems to be our only idea now. We haven't even heard if Polvara has been granted a work permit and no idea when he's even going to arrive in the country. 1 week on from his signing and we've still no idea where he is 😂

As others have said I like Zander Clark and hopefully he gets better with age

He’ll likely be a Scotland squad regular for years to come and that’s not to be sniffed at

However this really only makes sense to me if Joe says he wants to leave at the end of the season 

Which, considering he’s contracted until 2024…..would be unlikely?

1 hour ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we get linked with another college level striker from America. That seems to be our only idea now. We haven't even heard if Polvara has been granted a work permit and no idea when he's even going to arrive in the country. 1 week on from his signing and we've still no idea where he is 😂

Why do you or I need to know where he is?

He's just finished his season. The club probably feel he's entitled to a break rather than dragging him halfway across the world immediately after signing.

In my opinion, the most likeliest explanation is the Joe Lewis wants to go back south in the summer. Perhaps it's connected to that personal situation that was blamed for his dip in form this season.

I think that those that believe that Lewis and Clark will be battling it out for the No#1 spot, or that Lewis is going to replace Marshall as goalkeeping coach, or indeed that St Johnstone are going to take Woods as part of the Clark deal are way off the mark.

If we're trying to source a No#1 then Joe Lewis time at Aberdeen is nearly up. Mainstand Moan said it's related to the kicking abilities of Lewis which the management team want to improve but I think that's nonsense too because Clark isn't much better.

8 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Why do you or I need to know where he is?

He's just finished his season. The club probably feel he's entitled to a break rather than dragging him halfway across the world immediately after signing.

The college soccer season in the US finished at start of December. 

8 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Regardless, he signed a week ago. I don't see any real need to immediately drag the boy across to the other side of the world.

He chose to sign for us and is being paid by us so it’s hardly dragging him across the world. 

That said I do not expect him to be ready to play for the first team anytime soon so probably is no rush to get him over. 

Edited by Jute

6 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Alan Nixon says we are interested in Jack Tucker. CH from Gillingham. Out of contract in the summer. Maybe we plan to convert him into a striker...

Centre half from team sitting second bottom of league 1. 

15 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Regardless, he signed a week ago. I don't see any real need to immediately drag the boy across to the other side of the world.

Other than that's where he's going to be playing...