The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Well I'd agree with @Merkland Red and say that I'm being slightly harsh on Jenks, so in my opinion, in order of worthiness, I'd say..

1. Ted Jenks

2. Callum Hendry

3. Flo Kamberi

4. Austin Samuels

5. Fraser Hornby

6. Matt Longstaff

...so I'd say the 1st half of this season's loans were marginally worse than the 2nd half of last season...although it's a horrible list

Sone jobbers on that list. If you extend it a few years, where would Chidi Nwakali sit?

Reckon he’s been the worst loanee I’ve seen. 

Just now, DunbartonshireRed said:

But but but Glass said we will come out stronger. This was the ideal time to get signings done early, integrate them ready for the Rangers game on the 17th. Instead in all honesty it looks like we will piss about again. 

I'd rather see us sign players immediately too bit let's remember we're only one week in to the window.

1 hour ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

But but but Glass said we will come out stronger. This was the ideal time to get signings done early, integrate them ready for the Rangers game on the 17th. Instead in all honesty it looks like we will piss about again. 

He said that in the summer & made a rip roaring arse of it.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I'd rather see us sign players immediately too bit let's remember we're only one week in to the window.

It's not about signing players immediately really. We all want to see signings but do you have faith that he'll get it right? I really have my doubts. Getting rid of Samuels, Longstaff, Campbell etc is fine but do you trust him to improve the squad? I can't say i do. Look at Clark for example. It's the one area of the squad that doesn't need immediate attention  

4 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

It's not about signing players immediately really. We all want to see signings but do you have faith that he'll get it right? I really have my doubts. Getting rid of Samuels, Longstaff, Campbell etc is fine but do you trust him to improve the squad? I can't say i do. Look at Clark for example. It's the one area of the squad that doesn't need immediate attention  

We'll be brought in Brown, Ramirez and Watkins who all improved the squad. Signed a couple of loans that didn't work out. Took in Gurr who obviously isn't good enough but was cheap back up to make sure Ramsay could play.

Gallagher has been poor. Bates decent enough. JET too (no.pun intended).

For a squad that required a major overhaul I think he's done ok.

11 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

No. But WE can. 
And he did. 

My point is it's a meaningless thing to get worked up about. 99% of managers will say the same thing. Just like they always say they believe they'll win the game they're about to play. 

Edited by Rodhull

22 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

200.gif

Edit: just won some player of the year award at college level. Can't wait for him to be shite.

The free kick was decent but the most impressive thing was the vertical he got on that celebration. Nobody show Craigy Brown that video or he'll get himself into a froth muttering things like "... got a good spring...hnnnn"