The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Better or worse than our trio of shite strikers from last January that contributed to Derek’s defenestration? 

I'd say marginally worse. 

Well I'd agree with @Merkland Red and say that I'm being slightly harsh on Jenks, so in my opinion, in order of worthiness, I'd say..

1. Ted Jenks

2. Callum Hendry

3. Flo Kamberi

4. Austin Samuels

5. Fraser Hornby

6. Matt Longstaff

...so I'd say the 1st half of this season's loans were marginally worse than the 2nd half of last season...although it's a horrible list

1 minute ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Well I'd agree with @Merkland Red and say that I'm being slightly harsh on Jenks, so in my opinion, in order of worthiness, I'd say..

1. Ted Jenks

2. Callum Hendry

3. Flo Kamberi

4. Austin Samuels

5. Fraser Hornby

6. Matt Longstaff

...so I'd say the 1st half of this season's loans were marginally worse than the 2nd half of last season...although it's a horrible list

Swap Samuels and Hornby for me.

Whilst he never looked like scoring, Hornby had some technical ability to speak of. Samuels put his head down and runs with the ball.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Swap Samuels and Hornby for me.

Whilst he never looked like scoring, Hornby had some technical ability to speak of. Samuels put his head down and runs with the ball.

He got shunted down because my abiding memory of Hornby was the sitter at Ibrox. Although, that might of been his best game* too and he showed a bit of promise.

*I really can't remember much of last season. Matches in stadiums closed to fans is in my Room 101. I couldn't even watch us play in Lisbon online it was so grim.

14 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Is it just me that finds these annoying & tedious? 

Ever since somebody got one on SKY, there was always going to be more attempts. Some better than others.

And we could do with some real news to stop folk making shit up.

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

Ever since somebody got one on SKY, there was always going to be more attempts. Some better than others.

And we could do with some real news to stop folk making shit up.

Mason Hancock signed a new deal, so there you go. 

16 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

He got shunted down because my abiding memory of Hornby was the sitter at Ibrox. Although, that might of been his best game* too and he showed a bit of promise.

*I really can't remember much of last season. Matches in stadiums closed to fans is in my Room 101. I couldn't even watch us play in Lisbon online it was so grim.

Aye, that miss was unforgiveable.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

As with Longstaff, Samuels was another example of what happens when you scratch the surface of a #Barclays skwad.

Mediocrity abounds.

I've always thought that.  They'll probably be more athletic, but quality wise, there's some very average footballers in that league.

16 hours ago, starryfish said:

I see - just disappointed with the content the club provide, rivals of ours like Hibs and Motherwell are streets ahead 

And how many European trophies have they won, eh, eh?

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

1. Ted Jenks

2. Callum Hendry

3. Flo Kamberi

4. Austin Samuels

5. Fraser Hornby

6. Matt Longstaff

That is an utter shite parade. 

Jenks has had a couple of good games but has been anonymous in others. 

I don't think i've had as much irrational hatred for one of our own players as i had for Kamberi by May, even Greg Stewart. 

Seems to be far more chat of players leaving than arriving at the moment. There’s definitely a player in Dean Campbell.  He will  benefit from half a season on loan I reckon.  So far with Samuels, longstaff gone, Gurr, Campbell rumoured to be away and club allegedly open to offers for Ferguson and Ramsay, the new Head of Recruitment had better have been busy.    

29 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

definitely wouldn't be the worst thing for him.

Absolutely, needs games at a challenging level. Interesting that English clubs are interested in him, I wonder what level? I think he could manage to get a club at EL1 level, but not sure he would go straight in and command a first team spot there. Probably better to shoot for EL2 as he needs constant games. His weakness for me is consistancy, and taking responsibility in every game to contribute and drive the team around him on.

Be interesting to see where he plays wherever he goes, as I've liked the look of him at left back.

20 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I've never felt Lewis is a particularly good shot-stopper; above average at his best. But he's so good in many other ways, particularly in the air, and his command of his box. I also don't think he's particularly poor with the ball at his feet.

I think Langfield was actually a better shot-stopper overall, but anyone who would prefer Langfield over Lewis is a fucking mentalist. Unless we luck out and get a Danny Ward for a season, or bring one through, I would always prefer the competent shot-stopper that's commanding, and doesn't make too many f**k ups.

I certainly don't think Clark is an upgrade overall, Siegrist maybe...

I would be as comfortable with having Zander Clark as my goalkeeper as I was with Scott Brown (yes, that one).

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Absolutely, needs games at a challenging level. Interesting that English clubs are interested in him, I wonder what level? I think he could manage to get a club at EL1 level, but not sure he would go straight in and command a first team spot there. Probably better to shoot for EL2 as he needs constant games. His weakness for me is consistancy, and taking responsibility in every game to contribute and drive the team around him on.

Be interesting to see where he plays wherever he goes, as I've liked the look of him at left back.

Bolton, Forest Green and Port Vale are interested, according to 'Football Insider' (no idea how credible a source that is, to be honest). That account has presumably seen that and reposted it on their account shortly after, as they seem to do with most of the 'ITK' stuff they post. 

5 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Bolton, Forest Green and Port Vale are interested, according to 'Football Insider' 

I'm sure I've seen mention they get fed stories by agents, so it's just pot luck whether the agents telling them the truth or just trying to drum up interest.