The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I thought he was quite Jon Gallagher-esque. Quick, could run fast in a straight line, but zero composure, guile or technique. As usual with these things on Twitter, the replies seem to be full of people asking why he ‘didn’t get a chance’ at the expense of superior footballers. 

Just now, Jute said:

Unless we are cutting wages to try and mitigate potential losses this year. 

Was not impressed with what I saw of Samuels so not that bothered he has gone. 

Yeah there's that way of looking at it too. Cormacks ego won't deal with us missing out on Europe with his own man in. He also has the balls to piss folk off regarding budget cuts etc so it's an interesting one.

Agree with everyone else on Samuels. Looked good on the ball (sometimes) but it was very noticeable that the left back was hung out to dry when he was on the park, especially against Celtic. Contrast that with Hayes selfless performance against Rangers.

36 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I thought he was quite Jon Gallagher-esque. Quick, could run fast in a straight line, but zero composure, guile or technique. As usual with these things on Twitter, the replies seem to be full of people asking why he ‘didn’t get a chance’ at the expense of superior footballers. 

Classic Dons Da take.  Samuels was shite.  

18 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Samuels, like Longstaff, won't be missed, and despite his two goals, Jenks hasn't made much of a mark either.

Hopefully, we'll be a bit more shrewd going forward if delving into the loan market because that's an abysmal hit rate from the summer.

Better or worse than our trio of shite strikers from last January that contributed to Derek’s defenestration? 

I'd say marginally worse. 

29 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Samuels, like Longstaff, won't be missed, and despite his two goals, Jenks hasn't made much of a mark either.

Hopefully, we'll be a bit more shrewd going forward if delving into the loan market because that's an abysmal hit rate from the summer.

Harsh on Jenks IMO. Clearly a player there but has Brown and Ferguson ahead of him.

15 hours ago, starryfish said:

I see - just disappointed with the content the club provide, rivals of ours like Hibs and Motherwell are streets ahead 

I agree with you, it could and should be a lot better. Volunteers aren't the way to go tho. 

Hopefully they're looking at what other clubs are doing and will improve.

With Barron being recalled to Aberdeen, what would you say is the order of preference for central midfield roles with current Aberdeen players?  Do you think Barron is ahead of Campbell in the manager's eyes?  Glass only seems to use Campbell when he absolutely has to.  Brown, Ferguson and Jenks all get game-time ahead of Campbell - will Barron also leapfrog him? 

I think its impossible to judge Samuels as he never really played for us with 2 starts and 5 sub. My first thoughts at watching him was he is like Darren Mackie with pace and no much skill. 

These loans cost Aberdeen money with upfront fees and wages so another failed transfer deal by Glass. 

Edited by betting competition

31 minutes ago, StinkyGarth said:

With Barron being recalled to Aberdeen, what would you say is the order of preference for central midfield roles with current Aberdeen players?  Do you think Barron is ahead of Campbell in the manager's eyes?  Glass only seems to use Campbell when he absolutely has to.  Brown, Ferguson and Jenks all get game-time ahead of Campbell - will Barron also leapfrog him? 

Ask the question on 1st Feb when the transfer window has shut. 
There may be more ons & outs…