The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

48 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

10 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I would be really disappointed if we were pushing out Super Joe for Zander Clark. Doesn’t make any sense to me.

From the Scotsman Article posted previously:

Regarding Lewis:

"The ever-reliable Lewis has been less so, certainly this campaign and even lost his spot, albeit it ever so briefly.

The prevented goals metric was mentioned earlier, Lewis sits 19 out of 21 goalkeepers in the Premiership this season with -2.17. he was 27th last season having been fourth the previous year.

It's a position which can make or break a season. You only need to look at Hearts and the significant difference Craig Gordon has made."

Regarding Zander Clark:

The stats back it up. Wyscout have a metric for prevented goals based on the saves made and goals conceded. He is second, behind Craig Gordon, in the league having prevented 5.83. Last season, he was 30th with -6.78.

40 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

From the Scotsman Article posted previously:

Regarding Lewis:

"The ever-reliable Lewis has been less so, certainly this campaign and even lost his spot, albeit it ever so briefly.

The prevented goals metric was mentioned earlier, Lewis sits 19 out of 21 goalkeepers in the Premiership this season with -2.17. he was 27th last season having been fourth the previous year.

It's a position which can make or break a season. You only need to look at Hearts and the significant difference Craig Gordon has made."

Regarding Zander Clark:

The stats back it up. Wyscout have a metric for prevented goals based on the saves made and goals conceded. He is second, behind Craig Gordon, in the league having prevented 5.83. Last season, he was 30th with -6.78.

I've never felt Lewis is a particularly good shot-stopper; above average at his best. But he's so good in many other ways, particularly in the air, and his command of his box. I also don't think he's particularly poor with the ball at his feet.

I think Langfield was actually a better shot-stopper overall, but anyone who would prefer Langfield over Lewis is a fucking mentalist. Unless we luck out and get a Danny Ward for a season, or bring one through, I would always prefer the competent shot-stopper that's commanding, and doesn't make too many f**k ups.

I certainly don't think Clark is an upgrade overall, Siegrist maybe...

2 hours ago, starryfish said:

I see - just disappointed with the content the club provide, rivals of ours like Hibs and Motherwell are streets ahead 

Aye it is poor compared to Hibs and Motherwell.

Connor Barron just signed an extension would have expected to be an interview about his time at Kelty Hearts. Just a tweet to say he's signed extension and retweet of his post - bet Motherwell and Hibs would do better. They need to look at clubs that do social media well and try and improve.

6 hours ago, betting competition said:

Aye it is poor compared to Hibs and Motherwell.

Connor Barron just signed an extension would have expected to be an interview about his time at Kelty Hearts. Just a tweet to say he's signed extension and retweet of his post - bet Motherwell and Hibs would do better. They need to look at clubs that do social media well and try and improve.

To be 100% fair, until fairly recently our media ouput has been utter dugshite (for a couple of years in fact), and has only improved in the last couple of months as we employed someone who actually knew what they were doing.

11 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I've never felt Lewis is a particularly good shot-stopper; above average at his best. But he's so good in many other ways, particularly in the air, and his command of his box. I also don't think he's particularly poor with the ball at his feet.

I think Langfield was actually a better shot-stopper overall, but anyone who would prefer Langfield over Lewis is a fucking mentalist. Unless we luck out and get a Danny Ward for a season, or bring one through, I would always prefer the competent shot-stopper that's commanding, and doesn't make too many f**k ups.

I certainly don't think Clark is an upgrade overall, Siegrist maybe...

Agree with the vast majority of your post but…

11 hours ago, Illgresi said:.

I think Langfield was actually a better shot-stopper overall

No 

13 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Wonder if this means they have another loan or signing lined up? 

Hardly a surprise given how little he was used recently.

No loss really. He wasn't as good as Ramirez, Watkins or Hedges so not sure why so many are screaming he didn't get a chance.

That should be a couple of wages added to the budget. Barron should replace what Longstaff offered so you'd expect to see some come in?

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

No loss really. He wasn't as good as Ramirez, Watkins or Hedges so not sure why so many are screaming he didn't get a chance.

That should be a couple of wages added to the budget. Barron should replace what Longstaff offered so you'd expect to see some come in?

Unless we are cutting wages to try and mitigate potential losses this year. 

Was not impressed with what I saw of Samuels so not that bothered he has gone.