The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

31 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Clark has taken the beard way too far. There’s a sweet spot with a beard but if you go beyond it you just look like a mink. 

No way. Tramp beards are proper mannies beards. Anything trimmed or shaped looks boyband. 

36 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Clark has taken the beard way too far. There’s a sweet spot with a beard but if you go beyond it you just look like a mink. 

It's uncanny...

B1EN59-Mink_186995.JPG-975x-scaled-e1593

0_zander-clarkjpeg.jpg

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

No idea why the Arabs would be interested in Clark. They already have the best keeper in the league. 

Unless he's leaving. 

From browsing their thread they're expecting him to go. Possibly this month. Have also let Carson go out on loan.

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

No idea why the Arabs would be interested in Clark. They already have the best keeper in the league. 

Unless he's leaving. 

MainstandMoan now says "AFC management are looking to replace Joe as they feel he is a weakness with the ball at his feet."

I have questioned what this poster has said in the past (or more importantly, why they are saying it) which they didn't take too kindly to, although they're evidently well placed within the walls of Pittodrie so one should take heed of their musings.

I hope Joe doesn't allow this speculation of a new keeper inbound to affect him in the second-half of the season as he's still our No.1 at least for the time being.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

MainstandMoan now says "AFC management are looking to replace Joe as they feel he is a weakness with the ball at his feet."

I have questioned what this poster has said in the past (or more importantly, why they are saying it) which they didn't take too kindly to, although they're evidently well placed within the walls of Pittodrie so one should take heed of their musings.

I hope Joe doesn't allow this speculation of a new keeper inbound to affect him in the second-half of the season as he's still our No.1 at least for the time being.

Is Zander Clark any good with the ball at his feet? Can't ever recall seeing him pass the ball out but I could be wrong.

@RandomGuy.

7 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Seriously?

He is clearly a good shot stopper, but I think you need more than "throwing yourself across a shot in a massive X shape" "having a beard" and "once came for a corner in the last minute of a cup semi"  to be the No1 international keeper.

I don’t know if he’s good enough or not but he’s been making a decent amount of squads recently and I’m not aware of many other young keepers who will be in the mix for challenging for the No 1 jersey 

I’m sure there is some Scottish fitba nerd reading who can put me right 

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Is Zander Clark any good with the ball at his feet? Can't ever recall seeing him pass the ball out but I could be wrong.

@RandomGuy.

Not really no. Sure he was when he broke through but it's sort of disintegrated a bit.

Under no pressure he'll regularly over hit the ball, then under pressure he's really bad for slicing it. Watch Celtics goal against us in the Semi and you'll see what I mean. Doesn't do it every game buts it enough to be noticeable.

23 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I don't really believe that there any keepers we could realistically afford who are as good at the fundamentals as Lewis was at his peak but can also play a bit.

Nope. You're hoping Tom Ritchie etc come through the youth system and are fantastic.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Was wondering the same thing. He's never struck me as being particularly strong in that department. Even if he was, or the likes of Tom Ritchie turns out to be, it's hardly the final piece of an otherwise complete puzzle  😆

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not really no. Sure he was when he broke through but it's sort of disintegrated a bit.

Under no pressure he'll regularly over hit the ball, then under pressure he's really bad for slicing it. Watch Celtics goal against us in the Semi and you'll see what I mean. Doesn't do it every game buts it enough to be noticeable.

Do you find his facial hair acceptable though?