The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

13 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

By the way, @Mr. Alli Bongo,  you're a Sevco-loving throbber

Please don't be mad that I've green dotted a few folk calling you out for being a gobshite - just be happy it's taken others a helluva lot longer than it took me to realise this. x 

24 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Please don't be mad that I've green dotted a few folk calling you out for being a gobshite - just be happy it's taken others a helluva lot longer than it took me to realise this. x 

I wouldn't have thought you would have anything to do with greenies Ali Bongo.

Seriously though, don't you have anything better to do than hang around an Aberdeen thread giving your approval to anyone that gives me abuse?

There's plenty of Sevco and Dundeh threads you can contribute on if you're at a loose end.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

27 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Would be the best move for him. He should be looking the success Hickey has had over there. 

At least Bologna would be well aware that they'll have to fork out a decent fee. Paid £1.5m for Hickey with less than a year on his contract.

5 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Seriously though, don't you have anything better to do than hang around an Aberdeen thread giving your approval to anyone that gives me abuse?

43 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Settle pettle...

28 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Please don't be mad 

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

At least Bologna would be well aware that they'll have to fork out a decent fee. Paid £1.5m for Hickey with less than a year on his contract.

Bologna claiming they've been quoted 4.5 million euros.

Not sure if this is the price that will get them to open talks or the price that AFC will accept ?

The fee for Ferguson or Ramsay needs to be pretty good to put Aberdeen in a better place for future negotiations. Cosgrove and McKenna were probably sold a year or two too late to get the best fee, but Ferguson's a good young player seemingly playing well and Ramsay is a top prospect.

1 hour ago, Sheep62 said:

Bologna claiming they've been quoted 4.5 million euros.

Not sure if this is the price that will get them to open talks or the price that AFC will accept ?

You'd hope that's at least what they'd be looking for up front (£3.75M). With proper add-ons for caps & sell on that would be decent. Hearts only got 1.5M for Hickey with a similar level of experience (and I'm pretty sure had to give a chunk of that to Celtic)

37 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

The fee for Ferguson or Ramsay needs to be pretty good to put Aberdeen in a better place for future negotiations. Cosgrove and McKenna were probably sold a year or two too late to get the best fee, but Ferguson's a good young player seemingly playing well and Ramsay is a top prospect.

We were a bit unlucky with McKenna and Cosgrove. McKenna put his request in at a daft time and then Cosgrove turned down the move to France and picked up a fairly serious injury. I'm surprised wen ended up getting what we did for him but teams get desperate at the end of the transfer window. Hopefully we do better with Ferguson and Ramsay.

9 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

You'd hope that's at least what they'd be looking for up front (£3.75M). With proper add-ons for caps & sell on that would be decent. Hearts only got 1.5M for Hickey with a similar level of experience (and I'm pretty sure had to give a chunk of that to Celtic)

Hickey had less than a year left on his deal. No worries for us with Ramsay.

I’d definitely agree that McKenna was sold too late. I believe we accepted a deal for Cosgrove 6 months before he left but he didn’t fancy moving to France, although we still got a decent fee for him.

If we’re looking to maximise the money we get for Ramsay and Ferguson, we probably need to sell in this window or next. Both are contracted until 2024 so past the summer, they’re getting closer to the point where they can run down their contract. I think it would badly affect the team to sell them both and Hedges in this window but it depends on the offers that come in of course.

Hickey had less than a year left on his deal. No worries for us with Ramsay.

I’d definitely agree that McKenna was sold too late. I believe we accepted a deal for Cosgrove 6 months before he left but he didn’t fancy moving to France, although we still got a decent fee for him.

If we’re looking to maximise the money we get for Ramsay and Ferguson, we probably need to sell in this window or next. Both are contracted until 2024 so past the summer, they’re getting closer to the point where they can run down their contract. I think it would badly affect the team to sell them both and Hedges in this window but it depends on the offers that come in of course.

I forgot about the Cosgrove situation. I had it in my head that Aberdeen turned the French team down.

42 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

As far as I'm aware he had a fallout with McInnes because he wouldn't go 🤣

We'll soon find out if there is truth in that M.R if Del makes a move to bring Cosgrove on loan to Killie and rescue him from the Shrewsbury bench 😉

28 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

The Sun has us in for Zander Clark. Not sure on this. He'll want a fair wedge and not convinced he's much better (if at all) than big Joe. 

Lewis is the least of our issues - the odd gaffe popping up more than it did a couple of years ago, but he’s generally fine.

Happily let the Jutes or Sevco go for Clark.

4 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Lewis is the least of our issues - the odd gaffe popping up more than it did a couple of years ago, but he’s generally fine.

Happily let the Jutes or Sevco go for Clark.

We have standards.

Clark has a good chance of being Scotland’s No 1 after Craig Gordon retires

If Joe Lewis is looking to go back to England then it’s a decent signing

If Joe doesn’t want to leave it’s a strange signing as either would be an expensive GK to have warming the bench 

4 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Clark has a good chance of being Scotland’s No 1 after Craig Gordon retires

Seriously?

He is clearly a good shot stopper, but I think you need more than "throwing yourself across a shot in a massive X shape" "having a beard" and "once came for a corner in the last minute of a cup semi"  to be the No1 international keeper.

56 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Seriously?

He is clearly a good shot stopper, but I think you need more than "throwing yourself across a shot in a massive X shape" "having a beard" and "once came for a corner in the last minute of a cup semi"  to be the No1 international keeper.

Aye. I've never thought too much of him. He does have spells where looks good but I don't think he's consistent enough.