The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

21 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Strong rumours that Killie are talking to McInnes. I’m aware of the criticisms of eye bleeding football etc, but what do you think? Could he be the answer for us in the position we are in? He was the only manager Sir Steve couldn’t get the better of.

That would be a fantastic appointment for you. 

19 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Strong rumours that Killie are talking to McInnes. I’m aware of the criticisms of eye bleeding football etc, but what do you think? Could he be the answer for us in the position we are in? He was the only manager Sir Steve couldn’t get the better of.

Fans will be split on McInnes. I think he did a great job at Aberdeen although stayed to long as the last 2 or 3 seasons the football was grim to watch. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

No not anymore. I was in favour of Hayes coming back and he started well but it’s gone now. 

Tin hat on but I have my doubts if mckenzie will ever develop into being a top LB. I reckon his future is on the left of a back 3. 

Agree 100%.
A back 3 formation suits us better.

And the right & left of a back 3 should be comfortable if they get dragged wide to the full back position.

McCrorie Bates MacKenzie potentially? 

45 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Yeah, but if we bring in that amount of money then the amount we’re likely to be asked to fork out for even “reasonable” players, let alone “good quality” also skyrockets. As will those players wage expectations.
I didn’t say it was my preference, but I’ve lived long enough to know how this works.

We’ll bid for players, clubs will hold out looking for more money from us, the board will be typically tight, then (11pm 31/1/22) we’ll shell out a stupid fee for the next Tansey/McDonald or pointless loan haddie from England!

Which is why i think we need to be broadening our horizons and not just sticking to England L1+L2 like we usually do. Being linked with McGrandles prime example. 26/27 year old, had serious knee injury and will be getting paid a decent amount in England and Championship teams looking at him. I just feel when you look at players like that we have to be able to source players equally as good or better in European leagues that won't cost us anywhere like the money he would. Mowbray after all did look after Europe for Burnley i think it was. Cormack always going on about looking at different leagues and countries. So far we have signed 3 players from leagues outwith the UK under Cormack, spent around £1m on those 3 combined and only 1 has been remotely successful. We need to improve that strike rate. 

If I’m Ramsay I’d be leaving asap as well. Get the big wages and get a loan to progress, worst case. It’s a short career and he owes us nothing - that’s the reality. An ACL injury could be round the corner, you never know.

Completely agree. Bet Cammy Smith or Craig Storie would go to Man City or Utd if offered the chance again.

Doig currently being kept out of the team by Stevenson no?

Seems like a goer, would be a great appointment for Killie, although I thought the same with Tommy Wright.

As others have said, the eye bleeding football was mainly towards the end. We played some decent stuff with Hayes, McGinn, McLean, Christie etc. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t take you up this season if it goes ahead.

I am massively surprised that he is dropping down to the Championship, even if he thinks he has a good chance of getting them promoted this season. Maybe suggests that he hasn't had as much interest as he expected from England after being sacked by us? Possibly a combination of that and just not wanting to risk being out of the game for too long. 

Still, feels like a serious coup for Kilmarnock if it goes ahead, but potentially a high-risk move for McInnes. 

I think being overlooked by both Hibs and Ipswich recently maybe surprised him.

He will maybe look at Wright making an erse of things at Kilmarnock and feel the post-Clarke blues there have been erased and realistically the only way is up there again...............and that one day he may also end up where Clarke is now.

38 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I think being overlooked by both Hibs and Ipswich recently maybe surprised him.

He will maybe look at Wright making an erse of things at Kilmarnock and feel the post-Clarke blues there have been erased and realistically the only way is up there again...............and that one day he may also end up where Clarke is now.

I'd be amazed if he isn't Scotland manager one day. He'll have to make sure he doesn't f**k it up at Killie though.

17 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

I genuinely think it's act of desperation for Killie, after failing to attract their No.1 target Jack Ross, and a white flag of surrender from McInnes for looking for any bigger jobs down south.

Even coming in at this late stage, Killie should be looking to win the Championship with Arbroath and stuttering ICT and Raith above them. I think anything less than the promotion will be seen as failure and will probably mean the end of the McInnes reign.

However, I don't think promotion with Killie will particularly strengthen his CV and they'll struggle in the Premiership.

I'd be surprised if he's still there by the end of 2022/23.

It all rings familiar as this is the same route Jimmy Calderwood took after his departure from Aberdeen when he also thought that there might be better positions out there for him.

I think Calderwood saved you from relegation but left after six months. Perhaps a similar length of service beckons for Del at Rugby Park.

The patronising will tell you how great an appointment this is; but Delboy was a spent force by the time he left Pittodrie. Perhaps a new management team will reinvigorate him but if Docherty and Sheerin turn up then it's an ominous sign.

The only thing in his favour is that he can't do much worse than Tommy Wright.

10 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I genuinely think it's act of desperation for Killie, after failing to attract their No.1 target Jack Ross, and a white flag of surrender from McInnes for looking for any bigger jobs down south.

Even coming in at this late stage, Killie should be looking to win the Championship with Arbroath and stuttering ICT and Raith above them. I think anything less than the promotion will be seen as failure and will probably mean the end of the McInnes reign.

However, I don't think promotion with Killie will particularly strengthen his CV and they'll struggle in the Premiership.

I'd be surprised if he's still there by the end of 2022/23.

It all rings familiar as this is the same route Jimmy Calderwood took after his departure from Aberdeen when he also thought that there might be better positions out there for him.

I think Calderwood saved you from relegation but left after six months. Perhaps a similar length of service beckons for Del at Rugby Park.

The patronising will tell you how great an appointment this is; but Delboy was a spent force by the time he left Pittodrie. Perhaps a new management team will reinvigorate him but if Docherty and Sheerin turn up then it's an ominous sign.

The only thing in his favour is that he can't do much worse than Tommy Wright.

What a heap of shite :lol:

Would be a decent appointment for killie, no doubt about that.

Could work out favourably for McInnes should he get them up and especially if they end up top 6 after a season or 2 in the premier.

A fair bit of speculative crap getting spouted about him. He is clearly a decent manager with all the contacts and had just had his time at the Dons. 1 or 2 new back room staff/assistants might help.

Just now, big al said:

Would be a decent appointment for killie, no doubt about that.

Could work out favourably for McInnes should he get them up and especially if they end up top 6 after a season or 2 in the premier.

A fair bit of speculative crap getting spouted about him. He is clearly a decent manager with all the contacts and had just had his time at the Dons. 1 or 2 new back room staff/assistants might help.

The big problem for me was him keeping the same staff for years.

You'd always seem them nodding in agreement when speaking to him. As soon as he was gone Sheerin attempted a completely different style of football.

On 01/01/2022 at 10:25, Irrational Behaviour said:

Signing to be made today. 

Got it badly wrong. 

Sorry folks. 

It was right back Rankin-Costello on loan from Blackburn Rovers. Thought there was some substance to it given the Hedges potentially going the other way plus Ramsay rumours. 

Edited by Irrational Behaviour