The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 minutes ago, big al said:

The self entitlement of ‘the peepul’ oozes out of it.

Same with the incessant greeting about the winter break being moved. 
A decent institution would wish to support its fellow members, helping to create a healthier and more competitive therefore more interesting and lucrative product. Unfortunately the new club are the same as the old club as in they would rather screw everything out of their fellow members to the point they are so weak they can point and laugh forever. Must make you feel so big and proud. 

King Of The Hill No GIF

Aye, we all know why Patterson has international experience, and it's definitely not because he's a better player than Ramsay.
Ultimately, the player will be sold for the lowest possible figure AFC will accept and that the buying club is willing to pay. We'll see if Cormack has the balls to hold out for the right amount.

He has international experience because he broke through to his club’s first team before Ramsay did. I’d hope that by the time Ramsay is Patterson’s age he’ll have similar experience at that level.

9 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Aye, we all know why Patterson has international experience, and it's definitely not because he's a better player than Ramsay.

Ultimately, the player will be sold for the lowest possible figure AFC will accept and that the buying club is willing to pay. We'll see if Cormack has the balls to hold out for the right amount.

Steven Clarke is secretly staunch?

56 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

He has international experience because he broke through to his club’s first team before Ramsay did. I’d hope that by the time Ramsay is Patterson’s age he’ll have similar experience at that level.

A lot of that is probably down to luck/timing. Scotland were crying out for a right back when Patterson came through but that isn’t the case now. If he was a left back he probably wouldn’t  have any caps and wouldn’t be commanding the money he is going for now.

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, big al said:

The self entitlement of ‘the peepul’ oozes out of it.

Same with the incessant greeting about the winter break being moved. 
A decent institution would wish to support its fellow members, helping to create a healthier and more competitive therefore more interesting and lucrative product. Unfortunately the new club are the same as the old club as in they would rather screw everything out of their fellow members to the point they are so weak they can point and laugh forever. Must make you feel so big and proud. 

That’s in the DNA of the average ***, stems right from the top of their club. 

11 hours ago, G51 said:

This is daft. Patterson has played and excelled in the knockout rounds of European football, in addition to his internationals. He’s also a better player. 

Ramsays a nice player, and I think he’ll become really good, but Aberdeens record sale is £3m. If Ramsay can fetch £5m that would be seriously good business. Aberdeen can’t push for the kind of money the Old Firm can, they don’t pay the wages for it.

Excelled in Europe 😂😂

9 minutes ago, Arnie said:

Excelled in Europe 😂😂

Aye. He was brilliant v Antwerp and the first leg of the Slavia Prague game. He was also good vs Poznan in last seasons groups and Lyon this season.

Three weeks after that Slavia game, Ramsay got his first meaningful action for Aberdeen, playing 60 minutes in a 1-0 win against Dumbarton. 

3 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Bologna now interested in Ramsay.

They paid £1.5m for Hickey according to transfermrkt. I guess that either they’d expect to pay similar for Ramsay or some journo has invented the story because Bologna recently signed a young Scottish full back. 

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

They paid £1.5m for Hickey according to transfermrkt. I guess that either they’d expect to pay similar for Ramsay or some journo has invented the story because Bologna recently signed a young Scottish full back. 

The Scotsman is a much more reliable newspaper compared to the likes of the Sun or The Daily Record.

Whatever the case it still generates further interest in Ramsay which can only be good for us when negotiating a decent transfer fee.

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Aberdeen and Hibs supposedly looking at Conor McGrandles.

"Aberdeen are keen to lure him back up to Scotland this winter as they look to bolster their ranks ahead of the second-half of the season."

https://the72.co.uk/259268/lincoln-city-midfielder-conor-mcgrandles-eyed-by-hibernian-and-aberdeen/

Not much to that story at all,i s there? Probably just an agent getting his players name out in the open.

9 minutes ago, big al said:

Ramsay moving in January is too soon in his career. He would be better playing a couple of seasons to develop. 
It’s all so impatient these days. Clubs have to cash in immediately , players need big wages asap. 
Shame.

I rate Ramsay but he should stay at AFC for a couple more years. Doig is doing that and will shine under Maloney, certain of it. 

20 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I rate Ramsay but he should stay at AFC for a couple more years. Doig is doing that and will shine under Maloney, certain of it. 

Exactly what I’m on about, if that’s the route Doig has chosen, really hope it works out for him. 

If I’m Ramsay I’d be leaving asap as well. Get the big wages and get a loan to progress, worst case. It’s a short career and he owes us nothing - that’s the reality. An ACL injury could be round the corner, you never know.

40 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

What else are they based on?

Age of the player, experience of the player, Contract length, size of contract, selling clubs finances, the resolve of the selling club to get as high a fee as possible, the state of the market, and most importantly, what a club is willing to pay. 

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Not much to that story at all,i s there? Probably just an agent getting his players name out in the open.

Yeah I think it's a combination of paper talk and his agent trying to force a bigger move for him. We were previously linked with him under McInnes 2 seasons ago.