The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I still see the biggest problem as Cormack.  By sacking McInnes he's staked his reputation on being able to make attacking football work.  He doesn't look like a guy who will be quick to say "I was wrong".

If we sack Glass and bring in another manager with the same brief we'll have a different face and the same problems.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I didn’t think there was anything that alarming about today in isolation. 

We were shite but even when we were good under mcinnes we were capable of turning up and not laying a glove on Celtic. 

2 wins in 16 is atrocious though and I don’t feel confident about us in any fixture we go into. We certainly can’t be complacent about getting sucked into a battle at the bottom. 

Not shitting the bed yet but if the confidence goes from the team then it’s really difficult to get out of that. 

This is where I'm at. It's not as if the teams around us are picking up a bit of form.

I watched St Johnstone yesterday and it was on a par with the worst I've seen from us this year.

If we lose more than we win in December then it'll be squeaky bum time.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

This is where I'm at. It's not as if the teams around us are picking up a bit of form.

I watched St Johnstone yesterday and it was on a par with the worst I've seen from us this year.

The teams around you? Against St. Mirren, St. Johnstone, Ross County and Dundee you have drawn 1 and lost 3? That's your big worry.

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

My worry with us has been how there's no clearly shite side this season. Like last year everyone knew Hamilton was done pretty early on. 

County have played better than their results all season and are now catching up with that. Dundee have a couple of proper match winners to dig them out a hole when needed. Livingston are Livingston. St Mirren are too boring to get caught in the mess at the bottom and will skulk around 7th or 8th for the next 5 months.

It feels like the sort of season where a team who would usually do just enough to survive is going to find themselves stuck to the bottom. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
28 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Bedtime Bob. Weird to get in this state after Celtic away. 

This seems  a very weird, arrogant state of affairs to be in. 

I'm not saying we WILL be relegated, I'm just saying that we COULD WELL BE relegated, or in a play off. 

To say otherwise is astoundingly complacent or naive. 

You seem to be treating each game as a one off, where we lost narrowly and were somehow unlucky. 

We weren't. We've been shite. We've been defensively weak, and offensively pathetic. 

This is a team in relegation form. I'm happy that you think otherwise, but it's maybe time you started looking at facts. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

My worry with us has been how there's no clearly shite side this season. Like last year everyone knew Hamilton was done pretty early on. 

County have played better than their results all season and are now catching up with that. Dundee have a couple of proper match winners to dig them out a hole when needed. Livingston are Livingston. St Mirren are too boring to get caught in the mess at the bottom and will skulk around 7th or 8th for the next 5 months.

It feels like the sort of season where a team who would usually do just enough to survive is going to find themselves stuck to the bottom. 

This is my point exactly. 

Every 5 seasons or so we have a league where there's no absolute stick on relegation candidate. 

We have teams who look obviously weaker... maybe Dundee, Ross County etc.. but they're no means a stick on for relegation and they're well capable of fighting for survival. 

That makes it more dangerous for more' complacent' sides such as Aberdeen and St Johnstone who think that they're untouchable. 

This Aberdeen side frankly, are weak. They're a mirror image of Hibs on 2014 and are eminently relegateable 

10 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

This seems  a very weird, arrogant state of affairs to be in. 

I'm not saying we WILL be relegated, I'm just saying that we COULD WELL BE relegated, or in a play off. 

To say otherwise is astoundingly complacent or naive. 

You seem to be treating each game as a one off, where we lost narrowly and were somehow unlucky. 

We weren't. We've been shite. We've been defensively weak, and offensively pathetic. 

This is a team in relegation form. I'm happy that you think otherwise, but it's maybe time you started looking at facts. 

You likened us to Hibs 2014. Go have a look at that squad. It's no wonder they went down.

I'm not going to get upset about things in November when the league is tight and a couple of wins could have use top half. Teams are taking wins off each other every week. A bad December and I'll be getting worried.

Guest Bob Mahelp
25 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

It’s worrying how much we appear to miss Ramsay. He is the creative outlet and we have nothing without him.

We've missed Andy Considine more than anyone. 

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

After watching today, anyone that says that Glass is the answer needs fucking shot.

That was a heap of passive, pathetic fucking drivel where we barely crossed the half way line 2 or 3 times in 90 minutes. 

This is truly a horrific sense of water torture, where dreadful , dreadful, dreadful, dreadful.....dreadful...performances are being masked by the fact that we usually only lose by a single goal or so. 

We're heading head first in to a relegation battle that we're utterly unprepared for. 

And yet week after week, we keep on accepting the same pish. 

Glass is deaf in the water, but he's still being allowed the opportunity to drag us into the Championship. 

f**k him, and f**k Dave Cormack for turning into relegation fodder in the name of his ego. 

I know that you are one of the more pessimistic posters on here and that you are desperate for Glass to be recycled, but to say that our performances have been dreadful, dreadful, dreadful, dreadful.....dreadful is utter pish. The results have indeed been dreadful in most cases but not the performances. Individual mistakes, quite a few of them, have been at the root of the results, either in defence or in front of goal. I thought that we defended better today than we have done for some time with players getting closed down and loads of blocks being put in, and no matter what you say about Hayes clearance the winning goal was a total fluke, whether people thought it was coming or not.

We've missed Andy Considine more than anyone. 

Perhaps, wouldn’t totally disagree. But Ramsay was very high up on the creativity charts (I can’t be arsed checking tbh) in terms of assists, chances made etc.. Nobody is replicating that.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You likened us to Hibs 2014. Go have a look at that squad. It's no wonder they went down.

I'm not going to get upset about things in November when the league is tight and a couple of wins could have use top half. Teams are taking wins off each other every week. A bad December and I'll be getting worried.

We've won, what? 

4 games out of 15. Let's say we're winning 1 in 4. Although our wins come in little bunches. 

Our form is frankly, awful.

We've had a bad September, October and November. 

Why should you be waiting for December to be equally bad to say that things aren't good enough? 

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We've won, what? 

4 games out of 15. Let's say we're winning 1 in 4. Although our wins come in little bunches. 

Our form is frankly, awful.

We've had a bad September, October and November. 

Why should you be waiting for December to be equally bad to say that things aren't good enough? 

October wasn't bad. You're just being silly now. 

We're a team in transition acting like a team in transition. No team in the league should be worried about relegation at this points, let alone the team in 8th.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I know that you are one of the more pessimistic posters on here and that you are desperate for Glass to be recycled, but to say that our performances have been dreadful, dreadful, dreadful, dreadful.....dreadful is utter pish. The results have indeed been dreadful in most cases but not the performances. Individual mistakes, quite a few of them, have been at the root of the results, either in defence or in front of goal. I thought that we defended better today than we have done for some time with players getting closed down and loads of blocks being put in, and no matter what you say about Hayes clearance the winning goal was a total fluke, whether people thought it was coming or not.

I said that today was dreadful because we were passive, and offered absolutely zilch going forward. 

We didn't lose 9-0 but it was still a dreadful performance for an Aberdeen side that is supposed to improve under the current manager. 

The other stuff you've posted is absolutely rose tinted. 

Are you actuslly saying that for the 8 games out of 15 that we've lost this season, we've somehow been unlucky, or there's a reason for each loss, or there's an excuse for it all? 

I'm not pessimistic, I'm realistic. 

Our current form is putting us on track to get 38 points from this season. 

That's around, or just above, relegation form. 

At what point do we start actually recognising that out of interest? 

Now, next week, January, or May? 

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

October wasn't bad. You're just being silly now. 

We're a team in transition acting like a team in transition. No team in the league should be worried about relegation at this points, let alone the team in 8th.

I live that word 'transition'. 

It implies an absolute certainty that we're somehow in a a bad spell between 2 good spells. 

A bit like Aberdeen under McGhee was a 'transition' between Alex Ferguson and the 2014 Mcinnes side. 

It's not just about individual mistakes.  Most of the teams we've played against are set up to defend in depth.  One of the reasons they do that is because their managers know that defenders at this level will make mistakes.  The more defenders you have in the box, the less chance that individual mistakes will lead to goals.

It's not the amount of defensive mistakes that's killing us, it's how often those mistakes are leading to goals.