The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

The possession stat he’s loosely basing his opinion on is the worst stat in the game. Just leave Aberdeen on the ball as they go nowhere with it. It’s all possession between the defence and the central midfielders pass, pass, pass and they’re still around the halfway line. Fair enough if the possession is on the final 3rd but it certainly wasn’t on Saturday.

Shots on goals is pretty meaningless if they’re just pot shots from outside the box. Other than the goal I can’t think of Aberdeen having many real opportunities and the goal you scored should’ve really been cleared by our centrehalf. 

Doesn’t sound like his mate Stephen is going anywhere soon. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

For the past month or so, “where’s Cormack? He’s saying nothing now and is hiding away.” He comes out on national radio and does a live interview after five losses on the trot, “what a balloon. Talking shite and hasn’t said he’s going to sack Glass.” Most of the crap coming from non-Dons fans mind you. 

How about recognise that the results are unacceptable at the moment. Instead of denying it and coming out with sheer nonsense to defend his mate. Did you listen to the drivel he's just been saying?

I'm told this, i'm told that by Considine and Joe Lewis who say training is excellent. He reminds me of my management team at work who only base their opinion on "what they are hearing" on the positive side and completely disregarding anything negative.

Edited by red23

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

What did you expect him to say? On top of what everyone knew he would say, I was delighted he went for McIntyre, who didn’t take the criticism that he hands out on a regular basis very well, and also saying that Willie Miller was the best Sportsound pundit. Brilliant.

Basically calling out McIntyre for being a dirty *** b*****d was brilliant. He didn’t like it one wee bit.  

1 minute ago, red23 said:

How about recognise that the results are unacceptable at the moment. Instead of denying it and coming out with sheer nonsense to defend his mate. Did you listen to the drivel he's just been saying?

He was citing possession stats, 75% possession, also saying about of the last 11 shots on target that 5 opposition teams have had, 10 have been goals. Suggesting that’s unlucky

The stats that bother me are we’ve not won in 10, lost the last 5, are falling down the league, on our worst run in 11 years, make that 22 years if we don’t beat Hibs. 

But that all said, he’s backed his man strongly & publicly, & he’s not getting sacked any time soon. 
Sadly 

8 minutes ago, red23 said:

I'm told this, i'm told that by Considine and Joe Lewis who say training is excellent. He reminds me of my management team at work who only base their opinion on "what they are hearing" on the positive side and completely disregarding anything negative.

He denied that results weren’t unacceptable? Really? I must have missed that bit. What planet do some people live on if they think that Dave Cormack is going to come out on national radio during a live interview and slag off his management team and the players. I would imagine one of the reasons he agreed to do the show was to try to galvanise the club. I’m a Dons fan and I want the club to start winning games, and if this plays a small part in getting wins back, then we’ll done to him. If it doesn’t, and we lose the next four games then he might have a different view, which I’m sure he won’t share live on the radio.

Don't know what to make of Cormack interview on Sportsound - in one way get it right up the weegie media but in another way very unprofessional from our Chairman.

Someone better tell Dave Cormack and also Kenny MacIntyre that Tam Courts was manager of Kelty Hearts for 5 seasons before he went to Dundee United.

Now we know how are chairman thinks let's hope Glass turns this around. We do need some positivity back into the club

Edited by betting competition

45 minutes ago, red23 said:

I've said before, the power he yields now at the club over inexperienced staff and his personality make him something akin to Saddam when he was in power in Iraq.

The people he asks will tell him what he wants to hear. He'll be 'protected' from negativity.

He needs to get someone in with a permanent presence at Pittodrie and previous experience of running a football club, whilst he himself takes a backseat regarding footballing matters.

I'm afraid, that if this status quo remains then, whoever is manager, we're going to be relegated at some point.

Disappointed, I thought Cormack gave a robust defence of his club and the set up.  Possibly a bit of blind loyalty but believes in the ‘process’.

i suspect we look back at the end of the season to determine if he is deluded or if this is a rocky phase.

6 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Cormack was ripping the piss right from the start saying Willie Miller was the best pundit on Radio Scotland, holy f**k 🤦🏻‍♂️ Time to slash the wrist anytime Willie speaks. 

He got you hook line and sinker with his Willie Miller comment.

Can argue about the comments he makes etc., but it's mental that a chairman has actually gone on the radio to hold an in depth interview about a managers future. I can't remember it happening before to this extent? It's just a bit weird.

It's hard not to think the while thing is more about him getting himself out there and getting fans back on his side, rather than actually trying to relieve any pressure on Glass. Seems like some fans might have went for it though, so there's that.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Just listened to it. 

Fucking. Cringe. 

And if glass has anything about him he’d be cringing too. 

Everybody to their own, but I really enjoyed most of it. Couple of bits here and there were a bit debatable, but overall I liked what he did. Doom and gloom merchants will have a field day of course.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Everybody to their own, but I really enjoyed most of it. Couple of bits here and there were a bit debatable, but overall I liked what he did. Doom and gloom merchants will have a field day of course.

I’m not a doom and gloom merchant. That was embarrassing. That is not what I want from an Aberdeen FC chairman.