The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I still feel that, bar the St Johnstone game, we have not been outplayed. We have lost awful goals, we have missed great chances, but, for a team that have now gone unbeaten for 10 games, we are not ever getting dominated by teams who are getting loads of easy chances and missing them.

This is pretty thin gruel indeed.....'we've been utter pish, but not THAT utter pish'. 

Let's take the Motherwell game, because apparently Cormack mentioned that as an example of a game where we played well and were somehow unlucky to lose. 

What I saw was an Aberdeen side that passed the ball sideways furiously, and one Watkins header aside, we never came close to troubling Motherwell. 

Motherwell then attacked once, and a player in acres of space on our left crossed to another player in even more acres of space standing 6 yards from our goal, and we were 1 down. 

At that point, the absolute arse fell out of us, and we were beat. The second goal was an identikit job, except it came down our right. Motherwell spent the rest of the game ripping the pish. 

Now, if Cormack uses that game as an example of us playing well and being unlucky, then we are well and truly fucking doomed. 

I don't really care if we're not being beat 5-0 in every game. We're being beat regardless. We're a soft touch (and I'm being kind here) in midfield and our defence ....and I'm struggling for words....simply can't defend. 

There isn't a team in the top 2 leagues, maybe even the top 3 leagues, that I would seriously bet on us beating if we played them tomorrow. Every single team will score against us, the way it stands at this moment in time. 

It doesn't surprise me that Cormack went all Mitty/Trump in his interview, he's not a man who's going to take criticism well. I just wonder where we're going to go from here.

Maybe Saturday will be the game where it turns around, who knows ? Hibs can usually be good for 3 points when they come up against somebdy that desperately needs them. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

'I've got the e-mails to prove people think it was a great appointment...'

Jesus wept. 

That was a highlight for me too.  I also liked "some of the players are 100% behind the manager".

For the past month or so, “where’s Cormack? He’s saying nothing now and is hiding away.” He comes out on national radio and does a live interview after five losses on the trot, “what a balloon. Talking shite and hasn’t said he’s going to sack Glass.” Most of the crap coming from non-Dons fans mind you. 

44 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

This is pretty thin gruel indeed.....'we've been utter pish, but not THAT utter pish'. 

Let's take the Motherwell game, because apparently Cormack mentioned that as an example of a game where we played well and were somehow unlucky to lose. 

What I saw was an Aberdeen side that passed the ball sideways furiously, and one Watkins header aside, we never came close to troubling Motherwell. 

Motherwell then attacked once, and a player in acres of space on our left crossed to another player in even more acres of space standing 6 yards from our goal, and we were 1 down. 

At that point, the absolute arse fell out of us, and we were beat. The second goal was an identikit job, except it came down our right. Motherwell spent the rest of the game ripping the pish. 

Now, if Cormack uses that game as an example of us playing well and being unlucky, then we are well and truly fucking doomed. 

I don't really care if we're not being beat 5-0 in every game. We're being beat regardless. We're a soft touch (and I'm being kind here) in midfield and our defence ....and I'm struggling for words....simply can't defend. 

There isn't a team in the top 2 leagues, maybe even the top 3 leagues, that I would seriously bet on us beating if we played them tomorrow. Every single team will score against us, the way it stands at this moment in time. 

It doesn't surprise me that Cormack went all Mitty/Trump in his interview, he's not a man who's going to take criticism well. I just wonder where we're going to go from here.

Maybe Saturday will be the game where it turns around, who knows ? Hibs can usually be good for 3 points when they come up against somebdy that desperately needs them. 

What did you expect him to say? On top of what everyone knew he would say, I was delighted he went for McIntyre, who didn’t take the criticism that he hands out on a regular basis very well, and also saying that Willie Miller was the best Sportsound pundit. Brilliant.