The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
20 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Maybe the standard was just higher then but it seems mental now that it was United and Aberdeen scrapping it out at the bottom that year with those players, and considering we had the likes of Malpas, Dailly, Petric, McKinlay, Bowman and Brewster.

I just checked, and 1994/95 was a 10 team Premier League, so a little bit less margin for error I suppose. 

It did though have the likes of Partick Thistle and Falkirk in it, and as you say it beggars belief that Aberdeen and United, with such an array of players, fought it out to see who was relegated. 

I notice that Celtic were utter dovers that season, finishing 4th in the league, only 3 points ahead of Falkirk. 

I'd like to say that Aberdeen learned the lesson of that season....that no team was 'too big' to go down....but we didn't. 5 years later we finished bottom on only 33 points (a figure we're on target to match at this point in time).

For those amongst us that are too young to remember these halcyon days, a more pertinent reminder of how quickly a crash can come to virtually any team would be Kilmarnock. 3rd in the league and celebrating like they'd beaten Barcelona, then 2 years later it's Arbroath and Morton. 

Common view seems to be that Cormack won't sack Glass. Why so? Surely he will sack him if we continue this poor run / form? Admitting you got the appointment wrong and correcting it must surely be better than risking a relegation battle. I guess time will tell..

Also, going by yesterday's post match interview, sounds like he does not expect to last long with this form, quite rightly. Hopefully he goes soon so that we can start to recover our season.

13 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Just listened to the Glass post match interview 

He sounds broken 

Speaking as if he knows it’s the beginning of the end 

Next few weeks are going to be sore 

What I dislike most in his interviews is the passing of the blame to the players. 

maybe I’m misinterpreting but I always think his ‘individual mistakes’ line and others sound like ‘I’m sending them out there with the perfect plan and they keep fucking it up’. 

33 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

If that's the way you want to take it, Mr p***kly, carry on.

It was a tongue in cheek comment to lighten the gloomy mood.

Fair enough Faither, I retract my characteristically miserable, Sunday morning psychological defensive projections.

Looks like the bottle has crashed with the dons fans on here,starting to walk on broken Glass.
Trying to change to a more expansive style needs goals in the team.Ramirez has been decent but needs help,losing Considine hasn't helped either for keeping the goals out at the other end.
Sticking big Jet up top and shelling balls in with Ramirez picking up the scraps mite work,it's winning ugly time for the dons.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, Highloon said:

Common view seems to be that Cormack won't sack Glass. Why so? Surely he will sack him if we continue this poor run / form? Admitting you got the appointment wrong and correcting it must surely be better than risking a relegation battle. I guess time will tell..

Aye, that would be the common sense way to approach things. 

I suppose that there's a perception that Cormack is an egotist, and because he obviously has a quite a bit tied up personally in this appointment....as I said above, Glass is a friend, the Atlanta connection (how deep does it go, who's pulling the strings ??), and the fact that he quite obviously had made his mind up to appoint Glass a long time before he did, for whatever reason. 

The statement he made about Glass being the 'outstanding candidate from a long list of applicants' is quite obviously a lie, and insults the support. 

We also don't really know him as a Chairman, and how he's likely to react to this mess (which he himself created).

I don't get the feeling that he's likely to sack Glass and appoint an experienced manager like Alex Neil, someone who isn't Cormack's man. 

Hope I'm wrong though. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Looks like the bottle has crashed with the dons fans on here,starting to walk on broken Glass.

That kind of thing was so last month, m8.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Can I just say, this thread has been pretty placid for years.

I for one, welcome this new 'hot topic' Aberdeen thread with in-fighting and upset. Your club has been long overdue a car crash of a season.

In doric ana cuv.

I think we're all agreed that Glass needs to go, and that Dundee are still utter shite. 

No in-fighting here my sister shagging friend. 

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Trying to change to a more expansive style needs goals in the team.Ramirez has been decent but needs help,losing Considine hasn't helped either for keeping the goals out at the other end.
Sticking big Jet up top and shelling balls in with Ramirez picking up the scraps mite work,it's winning ugly time for the dons.

How long have you been waiting to post that? :lol:

Would have thought fielding JET with Ramirez would be worth a punt.

Maybe someone closer to the action than I knows why this hasn't been tried lately.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

On a slight tangent, I’d be interested to see what happens to scott brown if glass is sacked. 

If a new manager didn’t want him as part of the back room staff then where does that leave him, a big part of why he’s here is to learn the ropes off the pitch and contractually I’m assuming he is both playing and coaching staff. 

He'll probably be your next manager.