The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just now, Rodhull said:

25 years surely? Unless you're really counting lower league trophies it's impossible for Aberdeen to win.

Both have 2 in the last 30. Need to get the right arbitrary period of time for these to work. :)

Some zing tbf.

Aberdeen have won as many trophies as Callum Booth in his lifetime, and less Scottish Cups.

Is that better?

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Some zing tbf.

Aberdeen have won as many trophies as Callum Booth in his lifetime, and less Scottish Cups.

Is that better?

Not really but if you're trying to be a smart arse windup merchant you should at least be accurate.

5 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Yes you're right actually, Callum Booth had played an entire season before Walter Mittys in the Hibs support decided he was worth millions of pounds, not a handful of starts and a decent cross or two. So the OP is in fact being far more melodramatic than I first suggested 

So impressing at a far higher standard than Ramsey ever has. 

It has been known for a while that Ramsay has the ability. To say he’s rated after throwing a couple of crosses in is pretty disrespectful, and just showing up your ignorance to be honest. 
Nobody really knows if Ramsay is better than Patterson or vice versa, and it’s irrelevant really. No interest in Patterson but Ramsay is a player who can go far if he wants it.

Best player for the Dons so far this season anyway.

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Some zing tbf.

Is that better?

There are some absolute donkeys who have been lucky enough to win cups, hardly a measure of ability of an individual. 
Then again, wouldn’t expect anything else from yourself.

4 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Nonsense.

You'd have had a point if you used Doig as an example. Not Callum Booth. 

What a rip roaring c**t of it you've made here. "A bedspread". Deary me.

What a state to get yourself into over a light hearted comment about one of your team's players. 

11 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I mean just as a single example there's playing well and scoring in the knockout rounds of the Europa league versus looking decent against a couple of complete diddy outfits in the Europa Conference qualifiers. 

Sorry I’m confused about this, would you be able to explain further?

12 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Another great performance from Patterson last night. Must have added a few 000s to value.

I might be misquoting him here, but did Gerrard not try to badger Steve Clarke into picking Patterson saying he is a tremendous talent, only to totally ignore him as a starter for his own club side.

38 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I forgot that Shinnie was still with Derby. 

As good as he was/is, I'm not sure that we need another midfielder.

I think he's generally considered to be the best of a bad bunch down there, so will likely get more money from another Championship club than we could afford anyway.

If we could bring him home to replace Ferguson in January though...

randy-south-park.gif