The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

43 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Yes you're right actually, Callum Booth had played an entire season before Walter Mittys in the Hibs support decided he was worth millions of pounds, not a handful of starts and a decent cross or two. So the OP is in fact being far more melodramatic than I first suggested 

So impressing at a far higher standard than Ramsey ever has

Those 90 minutes against Dunfermline in the cup you mean?

12 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

A simple Google search will show you where both were playing at the same age.

Then take in to account what level the two teams are at. Aberdeen are fighting for third with a good Hibs side. In 10/11 Hibs were fighting for 9th with a shite Aberdeen side.

Ah so you're saying booth was impressive for a team struggling at a certain level, while Ramsey has been impressive for a team doing relatively well at the same level. Seems to me like that would suggest one player was more impressive than the other as a young player. 

Your comment re age is very relevant in the world we live in, the one where players develop and degrade at exactly the same ages!

But anyway, I'm sure it's all fine and you'll definitely get your 5 million minimum plus add-ons for the guy with a dozen-odd appearances who's definitely better than Nathan Patterson, which I'll remind you is the moon howling opinion I was originally responding to 

24 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Ah so you're saying booth was impressive for a team struggling at a certain level, while Ramsey has been impressive for a team doing relatively well at the same level. Seems to me like that would suggest one player was more impressive than the other as a young player. 

Your comment re age is very relevant in the world we live in, the one where players develop and degrade at exactly the same ages!

But anyway, I'm sure it's all fine and you'll definitely get your 5 million minimum plus add-ons for the guy with a dozen-odd appearances who's definitely better than Nathan Patterson, which I'll remind you is the moon howling opinion I was originally responding to 

Callum Booth was playing for Arbroath and Brechin in the fourth tier of Scottish football at 18. Calvin Ramsay has played 6 times in Europe and is a regular in an SPFL Premier League side at the same age (turned 18 in July). You've claimed he's proved himself to be about as good as Callum Booth when he was playing levels above where Booth played. He's already played more European football than Booth has in his whole career.

It's easier to say you've made a c**t of it and move on pal.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Callum Booth was playing for Arbroath and Brechin in the fourth tier of Scottish football at 18. Calvin Ramsay has played 6 times in Europe and is a regular in an SPFL Premier League side at the same age (turned 18 in July). You've claimed he's proved himself to be about as good as Callum Booth when he was playing levels above where Booth played. He's already played more European football than Booth has in his whole career.

It's easier to say you've made a c**t of it and move on pal.

Again, the bold is very relevant because players develop at exactly the same age, and no one who was impressive at 18 has ever gone on to ultimately disappoint or vice versa. Playing some Icelandic diddies is not "levels above" where Booth played in his breakthrough season you lunatic.

And yes, a throwaway joke about a young Callum Booth (who is, however, legitimately a better  comparator to Ramsey at this precise moment than Scottish internationalist and late-stage Europa league player Nathan Patterson) is making a c**t of it and you lot nodding along sagely as your resident fantasist says you'll be getting 5 million quid right now for a guy who's played a handful of games is very clever and sensible. Never change Dons!  

7 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Again, the bold is very relevant because players develop at exactly the same age, and no one who was impressive at 18 has ever gone on to ultimately disappoint or vice versa. Playing some Icelandic diddies is not "levels above" where Booth played in his breakthrough season you lunatic.

And yes, a throwaway joke about a young Callum Booth (who is, however, legitimately a better  comparator to Ramsey at this precise moment than Scottish internationalist and late-stage Europa league player Nathan Patterson) is making a c**t of it and you lot nodding along sagely as your resident fantasist says you'll be getting 5 million quid right now for a guy who's played a handful of games is very clever and sensible. Never change Dons!  

You said he proved himself to be as good as Callum Booth was at a youngster. You're now saying players develop at different points etc (obviously) but at no point was Callum Booth as good as Ramsay is now and his career shows. I doubt you've even watched him play.

No-one is nodding along with the poster who suggested we should be looking for £5m. I don't think one poster backed up his value. Another suggested that if Patterson is worth £8m then we shouldn't be accepting much less. Plenty of us have said we should be holding out for as much as possible though, if we even have any intention of selling.

24 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You said he proved himself to be as good as Callum Booth was at a youngster. You're now saying players develop at different points etc (obviously) but at no point was Callum Booth as good as Ramsay is now and his career shows. I doubt you've even watched him play.

No-one is nodding along with the poster who suggested we should be looking for £5m. I don't think one poster backed up his value. Another suggested that if Patterson is worth £8m then we shouldn't be accepting much less. Plenty of us have said we should be holding out for as much as possible though, if we even have any intention of selling.

To go full circle, massive citation needed lol, one has won two cups and was also much feted thanks to his excellent play as a youngster in his breakthrough season (I'm glad you now agree that exact age doesn't matter) and the other once did a cool back heel.

I've seen him play and he looks good. You should hold out for as much as you can get for him, obviously. He probably will become a good player, at least at this level. It's genuinely mental to be saying he has proved he is a better player than anyone in his fewer than 20 senior appearances, however, or that you should get the same money as was recently speculated for an internationalist who has played well in the last 16 of the Europa League  because he's your new favourite player. It's just childish red tinted sunglasses in the extreme. 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan
Gramatico

1 minute ago, SamuraiJock said:

Fingers crossed Ramsay gets his head down and strives to achieve all that the mighty Callum Booth has accomplished. We can only hope he sets his sights so high.

Booth has won more trophies in his career than Aberdeen in the past 30 years, show some respect.

18 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

To go full circle, massive citation needed lol, one has won two cups and was also much feted thanks to his excellent play as a youngster in his breakthrough season (I'm glad you now agree that exact age doesn't matter) and the other once did a cool back heel.

I've seen him play and he looks good. You should hold out for as much as you can get for him, obviously. He probably will become a good player, at least at this level. It's genuinely mental to be saying he has proved he is a better player than anyone in his fewer than 20 senior appearances, however, or that you should get the same money as was recently speculated for an internationalist who has played well in the last 16 of the Europa League  because he's your new favourite player. It's just childish red tinted sunglasses in the extreme. 

I've no idea what point you think you are making. All over the place. No idea what winning cups has to do with being a better player. Gerrard never won the league title for instance yet most argue that he's a better player than Lampard.

18 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I've no idea what point you think you are making. All over the place. No idea what winning cups has to do with being a better player. Gerrard never won the league title for instance yet most argue that he's a better player than Lampard.

Been a pretty consistent point mate. You've a young player who's pretty good but that claims he is comparable in value to an obviously superior young player, measured by the level at which both have displayed their talents, is very silly.

You've since got very upset about an obvious joke re a young Callum Booth (although again, a far far better analogue for Ramsey at this moment in time than Patterson.) I'll leave you to it now anyway and I'll make sure to get you a Calvin Ramsey bedspread for your Xmas.

Also lol yeah no one's ever used winning medals as a measure of a player's ability or achievements no sirree. 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

What on earth is going on 

There's a Hibs fan involved.

So you can guarantee that the whole thing is going to disolve into deluded fuckwittery where they claim that they're a big club, that Bryan Porteous or whatever he's called is worth 5 million and they say that they don't care about Hearts/Aberdeen/whoever before starting a 2000 page thread about them/us on their message board. 

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Been a pretty consistent point mate. You've a young player who's pretty good but that claims he is comparable in value to an obviously superior young player, measured by the level at which both have displayed their talents, is very silly.

You've since got very upset about an obvious joke re a young Callum Booth (although again, a far far better analogue for Ramsey at this moment in time than Patterson.) I'll leave you to it now anyway and I'll make sure to get you a Calvin Ramsey bedspread for your Xmas.

Also lol yeah no one's ever used winning medals as a measure of a player's ability or achievements no sirree. 

Nonsense.

You'd have had a point if you used Doig as an example. Not Callum Booth. 

What a rip roaring c**t of it you've made here. "A bedspread". Deary me.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Booth has won more trophies in his career than Aberdeen in the past 30 years, show some respect.

25 years surely? Unless you're really counting lower league trophies it's impossible for Aberdeen to win.

Both have 2 in the last 30. Need to get the right arbitrary period of time for these to work. :)