The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

27 minutes ago, betting competition said:

11 players in during the last transfer window, will take time for them to settle. Think the best time to judge the season is after 11 games and not just 5 so far.  

Surely you include the European and cup games as well?

So really, it's 12 games played so far? I mean, fair enough giving the first round of fixtures to judge but still...more than 5 games.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, big al said:

Yeah, of course. Was referring to the last summer and learn from it if in the same position again.

Definitely not a given at the moment anyway.

Think the top 5 qualify if the Scottish Cup winner has already qualified for Europe?

As it stands I think we’ll be 5th.
4th at best. 

14 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Ramsay is every bit as good as Patterson.

I can already see Everton making us a bid of 1.8 million (or thereabouts) and suggesting thats a great offer for him and that we should be grateful.

I genuinely believe we should be looking for at LEAST 5 million + add ons for Ramsay.

22 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I genuinely believe we should be looking for at LEAST 5 million + add ons for Ramsay.

He is a good player, but I assume this is a bit tongue in cheek?

If not, you genuinely think someone will pay £5m for a player with 7 or 8 games under their belt?

44 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

He is a good player, but I assume this is a bit tongue in cheek?

If not, you genuinely think someone will pay £5m for a player with 7 or 8 games under their belt?

He is Aberdeen’s best player, and has been in almost every game this season, including the 6 European games. 
Mistake to sell so oung though. Long Contract and let him play and develop for a couple of seasons. 
Only just turned 18 and already in Scotland U21s.

11 minutes ago, coprolite said:

We don't have to sell him after 7 or 8 games though. 

Agreed, I certainly wasnt advocating that, I hope he remains in Scotland

7 minutes ago, big al said:

He is Aberdeen’s best player, and has been in almost every game this season, including the 6 European games. 
Mistake to sell so oung though. Long Contract and let him play and develop for a couple of seasons. 
Only just turned 18 and already in Scotland U21s.

As above, he is a good player, so I hope he stays - watched him in the last 21s game actually, played well.

Its hilarious that we have so many good young fullbacks at the moment in the main and 21s team, wish we had more in the forward area !

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Agreed, I certainly wasnt advocating that, I hope he remains in Scotland

As above, he is a good player, so I hope he stays - watched him in the last 21s game actually, played well.

Its hilarious that we have so many good young fullbacks at the moment in the main and 21s team, wish we had more in the forward area !

Aye, we don’t really do forwards for some reason. Strange, as that’s the place with all the glory.

4 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Rangers reportedly turned down £8m for Patterson, who has fewer first team minutes than Ramsay.

Appreciate that Ramsay is actually playing - which is great.

No sure I would use "reported bids for Rangers stars" in their pet publications as a yardstick - see Morelos for multiple examples.