The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

28 minutes ago, Dandiest Don said:

https://twitter.com/AAberdonia/status/1431257361319137281?s=19

No idea if this guy is reliable. But looks like we've maybe done Newcastle a favour to get Longstaff ahead of some championship clubs. Ferguson going the other way on loan initially. 

Just noticed these are his only tweets so guessing maybe not the most reliable 

Also how do I add a link to a tweet so the picture shows rather than just a link

Normally if you make sure to press enter/return after posting the link the tweet should automatically embed.

6 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Bates on a permanent deal

Happy with that 

And it’s nice to pip Hearts to a signing. Makes a nice change from Hibs.

Ken your place, Edinburgh cuntos 8)

Look you're doing good work with Hibs, but don't ruin it with weird shite like this.

I was absolutely raging with that performance last night, so much so we left at half time. Two hour drive each way for f**k all.
Still, it's probably best we put last night and the cup game behind us. The signings that are being talked about are encouraging, and a 3rd place finish will most likely get us into European group stage football next season. Time to focus on that.
This is wow. Some going. Don't think I know anyone who has left as early as that before. Impressive 
I've never left early before in my life, but I left my wife at home with a 2 year old and 5 month old. So it came down to a decision to stay for an hour and watch more of that insipid shite, or go home and try to salvage some expended brownie points.

Edit: And I don't regret it one bit.
I have left at half time before during this game:

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=13881&season=2019-20&squad=Senior

Absolutely insipid shite last night and wouldn't blame anyone for going early

2 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I have left at half time before during this game:

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=13881&season=2019-20&squad=Senior

Absolutely insipid shite last night and wouldn't blame anyone for going early

That game was the one and only time I've left early. Was due to go on a trip round the upper West Coast with my mates directly after the game, and after the fourth goal went in we all just left. Even McInnes' biggest supporters started to have doubts after that performance. 

I'm delighted with our activity this window. I think we have certainly strengthened and if we can get a decent fee for Ferguson we should be pleased. I definitely feel we are heading in the right direction under Glass/Cormack and would argue its been one of our strongest windows in a while.

Looking forward to the match this Sunday. Hopefully we get to see one or two of Longstaff, Bates, Samuel and Watkins in action. 

39 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm delighted with our activity this window. I think we have certainly strengthened and if we can get a decent fee for Ferguson we should be pleased. I definitely feel we are heading in the right direction under Glass/Cormack and would argue its been one of our strongest windows in a while.

Looking forward to the match this Sunday. Hopefully we get to see one or two of Longstaff, Bates, Samuel and Watkins in action. 

aye I agree, it’s just a shame that it’s all kicked up a gear after we’ve been eliminated from Europe. With these guys on board, the squad will have been in a much better shape to tackle the Qarabag games. 

as it stands though, it makes me much more confident going into the league and Scottish Cup campaigns. 

29 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

aye I agree, it’s just a shame that it’s all kicked up a gear after we’ve been eliminated from Europe. With these guys on board, the squad will have been in a much better shape to tackle the Qarabag games. 

as it stands though, it makes me much more confident going into the league and Scottish Cup campaigns. 

The problem we will always have is the bigger clubs start their seasons 2 to 3 weeks later than us and their surplus to requirement players don't become available until the last week of the window. I don't think it would have made much difference as Qarabag were a decent team as reflected by their constant qualifying for group stages season after season

I’m unsure about Bates, never hugely convinced me when I saw him with Rangers or Scotland, but at least (from what I can recall about him) he is a centre-back who has some attributes that fit into what Glass would want from a centre-back in his style of play. 

More than happy with Watkins and Longstaff. Samuels seems like a complete gamble but that’s alright.  

4 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

The problem we will always have is the bigger clubs start their seasons 2 to 3 weeks later than us and their surplus to requirement players don't become available until the last week of the window. I don't think it would have made much difference as Qarabag were a decent team as reflected by their constant qualifying for group stages season after season

Aye you’re right, and the English market has been later in kicking off this year due to a (relative) lack of money sloshing around. A big move like Grealish to City kicks off lots of progressively smaller moves in turn. Villa replace him with someone from the top of the Championship, they then buy from League 1, and so on and so forth. 

Clubs need to get their business done before they know who they can punt out on loan. Just circumstances I guess.