The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I doubt he's going to make it at Wolves so we may have an option to make it a permanent switch at the end of the loan deal if he does well.

If being the key word. He is apparently very pacy which is something we lack. Well we have McLennan but he plays football with 2 left feet. He could be useful alongside Ramirez. I still worry about the goals in the team should Ramirez get injured. He's the only proper striker we have. There were rumours we were after 2 strikers so maybe this one is a cheap back up option. 

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

This is the market we're in, unfortunately. 

I'm not expecting much here but we need to get behind him.

Exactly, give the lad a chance before we write him off...it doesn't matter how much career goals he has to date, let's see how he performs with AFC

If we have an option to buy then Allan Russell can get him under his tutelage.

Besides Cosgrove only had one career goal before Aberdeen and that turned out not too bad (well for a period at least) with nearly 50 goals and eventually £2 million in the coffers.

4 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Exactly, give the lad a chance before we write him off...it doesn't matter how much career goals he has to date, let's see how he performs with AFC

If we have an option to buy then Allan Russell can get him under his tutelage.

Besides Cosgrove only had one career goal before Aberdeen and that turned out not too bad (well for a period at least) with nearly 50 goals and eventually £2 million in the coffers.

True but didn't it take almost a calendar year for Cosgrove to get his first goals? Would imagine Samuels would struggle to justify a permanent move if he  doesn't do something a little quicker. Loans don't get the time young permanent signings often do.

The type of player is almost as important as the calibre. We need pace and energy up front, not just for the danger it poses on its own, but to make space and room for our other players to play in. Ramirez has been doing the job of two up there at times and struggling as a result. With the threat of someone fast over the top, defences will sit 5-10 yards deeper and Ramirez can then get more involved with the buildup. Then against the defences which will sit deep anyway, lower table teams, JET can come in to try to pick the lock. 

Its horses for courses, and right now we need them in. Obviously Id love to sign Mo Salah but frankly Im just encouraged about the profile coming in. Bowie seems more prolific, but you never know with the young loanees, sometimes a coach can get a tune out of a player with raw ability but hasnt shown their best yet, and glass has certainly proved so far he can do just that. 

Naturally you back whoever they choose to bring in. 

15 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

We talking about the same goal?

Yes

The one where the boy is backing in to McCrorie & it ends up trundling along the 6 yard box for their player to tap in? 

It was definitely frustrating considering the great start we had, but I've never thought of McCrorie as weak (simply because he's not).

Getting yourself in a position where you have to try and outmuscle an opponent in your own area (without giving up a penalty) is never ideal. 

McCrorie should’ve dealt with it. 

Yes, but earlier as opposed to later would have been the preference.

They put a difficult ball in and McCrorie should have booted it out for a corner as far as he could (so that what unfolded wouldn't have).

Once their player had the ball in the box, McCrorie was walking a tightrope.

I put that goal down to lack of positioning sense and experience.

Hotshot Hamish mind him well . .

So the lad from Wolves   .  It’s  early days with Glass and Russel but already 

signs there they improve players, maybe this lad is one they think can step it up.   .As for this lads loan moves some work out some don’t .

Mckenna at Ayr is good example .. Liking the lad has pace  which we sadly lack .  Might be great option for late in games.

I am sure that other signings will arrive .But it’s all about Thursday and that’s going to dictate more exciting moves .

Ferguson is another.

Regards Ruth not getting chance. I’ve seen him play quite few times and nae been impressed . Just nothing in his play stood out.

But it’s early days and not seen enough him and he could indeed make the step up. Can see him going out loan again though .

Centre half is where we badly need the depth .

Edited by logie skid boys