The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What is this absolute shite from Scot Gemmill? He says that it’s better for Calvin Ramsay to play for the Under 19’s than sit on the bench for the Under 21’s. Why the hell would the best right back in the league so far be sitting on the bench for the Under 21’s, he’d be on the pitch. And Gemmill says that Jack McKenzie, who at left back has arguably been better than Calvin Ramsay, isn’t in the squad, but probably will be in future squads going forward. What a heap of absolute doubletalk. 

They have both been a revelation this season, arguably the 2 best players in the team.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What is this absolute shite from Scot Gemmill? He says that it’s better for Calvin Ramsay to play for the Under 19’s than sit on the bench for the Under 21’s. Why the hell would the best right back in the league so far be sitting on the bench for the Under 21’s, he’d be on the pitch. And Gemmill says that Jack McKenzie, who at left back has arguably been better than Calvin Ramsay, isn’t in the squad, but probably will be in future squads going forward. What a heap of absolute doubletalk. 

Ramsay was outstanding today. 

A player beyond his years. 

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He can't go capping our players for being good when he's got the OF to rim

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

To be honest, given what I've seen from his Scotland U21 teams in recent years, if I wanted to protect a young player and ensure they continued to develop properly, I'd be happy to keep them far away from Scot Gemmill. 

Possibly, but that’s another issue. It’s what Gemmill says in defence of not picking the two best full backs in the league so far this season that has got me ranting.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

I'm sure he'll have his moments where he is caught out, but Thursday and today have convinced me that McCrorie's future is most likely at centre-back. Superb again. His ability to carry the ball out of defence and also cover ground are two huge assets for a central defender in the way Glass wants to play. 

He looked twice the defender Gallagher did today, to be honest. 

Looking at the under 21 squad it looks like he's only named one right back, the lad Ashby from West Ham unless one of the centre backs can cover there. Doig being ahead of McKenzie for left back is probably understandable but the young lad Montgomery playing for Celtic's B side in the lowlands league getting picked ahead of him is pretty odd.

Then again the number of knocks McKenzie has had already this season I'm not complaining about him getting a break.

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I just worry about his positional sense at times.

OK, but he's still learning.

And his lack of strength - seen him out muscled a few times...

The boy is a thoroughbred!

...best example was the goal we conceded away to Hacken 

I'd put that more down to positional sense.

9 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Looking at the under 21 squad it looks like he's only named one right back, the lad Ashby from West Ham unless one of the centre backs can cover there. Doig being ahead of McKenzie for left back is probably understandable but the young lad Montgomery playing for Celtic's B side in the lowlands league getting picked ahead of him is pretty odd.

Then again the number of knocks McKenzie has had already this season I'm not complaining about him getting a break.

Yeah..he said he can't call up Ramsay because the lad Ashby is too good.

Weird one to not even have a look at him.

I did really like the after match interview with Funso-King Ojo. “The vibe in the dressing room is really good. I know that we say that even when it’s not, but I feel that it is.” Honesty in a player’s interview, unheard of.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I did really like the after match interview with Funso-King Ojo. “The vibe in the dressing room is really good. I know that we say that even when it’s not, but I feel that it is.” Honesty in a player’s interview, unheard of.

Enjoyed that - just that wee bit less cliched than when most players from the UK are interviewed.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, betting competition said:

I didn't think Ramsay was outstanding yesterday I thought his crossing was dreadful at times in the 2nd half especially putting a few out for a goal kick. 

We'll respectfully disagree. 

This kid has only just turned 18. Yesterday was a hard physical game in a packed away ground against a team we usually struggle against, yet he did everything asked of him and more. 

Defensively he was 100%. Never brushed off the ball, his positioning was that of a player 10 years older. On top of that, he pushes forward whenever he can, with loads of pace. He's comfortable on the ball......he wants it, all the time, in a team of experienced pros.....and his passing and vision was excellent. 

OK, you can maybe say a few crosses went astray, but that's a bit nit picking given his overall performance. 

The BBC awarded him man of the match, for what that's worth. 

I honestly thought yesterday was the most assured performance from an 18 year old in an Aberdeen shirt that I've seen since the good old days.