The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Where to start? 

Shit pitch, shit ref, most importantly, fucking terrible performance. 

Didn't create anything and defended poorly (again) where it mattered. Looking at the bench tonight the squad is absolutely crap outside the starting XI. 

We need about 4 signings to have a chance of doing anything this campaign. Cormack needs to shut the f**k up and make sure Glass has what he needs, this squad is doing f**k all, otherwise. 

^^ This (although I thought we were better 2nd half). 

The paper thin squad thing is starting to really rub on my tits. The... 'we have to take our time and identify quality'... mantra completely ignores the fact that we have 2 important cup competitions in the first 6 weeks of the season, on top of league games. 

We've been doing it for quite a few years now, as if it's perfectly fine and OK to ignore results for the first part of the season, because we'll suddenly bring in a few desperate loan signings on the last day of August. 

We all want the club to break the glass ceiling of the European group stages, but how the f**k are they supposed to do that with a squad of effectively only 13 serious first team players, one striker, and a list of injuries getting longer by the game ? 

Milne and McInnes, Cormack and Glass, all culpable in this nonsense. 

11 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Where to start? 

Shit pitch, shit ref, most importantly, fucking terrible performance. 

Didn't create anything and defended poorly (again) where it mattered. Looking at the bench tonight the squad is absolutely crap outside the starting XI. 

We need about 4 signings to have a chance of doing anything this campaign. Cormack needs to shut the f**k up and make sure Glass has what he needs, this squad is doing f**k all, otherwise. 

Yip, this.

Suspect we’re in for a disappointment though as Cormack has (deliberately) said a few times that our wage bill is higher this year than last.

So the 4 players we need may not be incoming. 
We can offload a few.

Kennedy, Campbell spring to mind. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

We need a centre back and a winger ASAP.

And a striker. Ramirez was puffing oot his arse after 50 minutes tonight. 

5 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Tickets bought in Tuesday for Hearts on Sunday/Qarabag next week. Picked them up yesterday and couldn't use them by Wednesday night. Went arse over tit on my bike and broke my hip. Will be seeing if I can watch the game from my bed in ARI. 😂

What a pisser. Surgery this morning to inert a plate and 2 screws. 6 weeks on crutches. 2nd time in my life I'll be heading to the South stand on crutches. 20 years ago I broke my ankle. Fucking hard work going from the pub to the match on crutches. 

That certainly is a pisser! Hope you’re on the mend soon min

21 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

If our wage bill is higher then it's something he should be embarrassed about. 

Brown was crap tonight, IMO. Gallagher hasn't looked great although OK, and we can't get Ramirez a chance at the moment. 

I'm convinced CR9 will score goals if he's provided the chances, but I'm not convinced with the way we're playing he'll get that many. 

Ojo trying to press tonight and Brown and Ferguson failing to follow was really poor, they kept the ball on a shit surface much better than we did. This is what worries me for next week, you can see they've a few technical players capable of getting at our defence, which looks poor. 

Not confident. 

Aye, if a team out passes us & look better on a shocking, almost dangerous pitch, they’re obviously going to look better on a bowling green.

Qarabag will love playing on Pittodrie.

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Aye, if a team out passes us & look better on a shocking, almost dangerous pitch, they’re obviously going to look better on a bowling green.

Qarabag will love playing on Pittodrie.

In theory so will Aberdeen though. And to be honest, Joe Lewis only had a couple of saves. On another night it could have been more but a slightly better performance from Aberdeen and that was a draw tonight.

31 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I'm convinced CR9 will score goals if he's provided the chances, but I'm not convinced with the way we're playing he'll get that many. 

He had an excellent chance near the end, where he should have either scored, forced the keeper into a top drawer save or won a penalty. He did none of these.

To me the jury is still out on just how good he is, albeit I think another Watkins type forward that can make the ball stick there would help him.

Emmanuel-Thomas continues to be a guy for home games only, or if away against bottom six sides only.  Just too much of a passenger in matches like this. 

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

He had an excellent chance near the end, where he should have either scored, forced the keeper into a top drawer save or won a penalty. He did none of these.

To me the jury is still out on just how good he is, albeit I think another Watkins type forward that can make the ball stick there would help him.

Emmanuel-Thomas continues to be a guy for home games only, or if away against bottom six sides only.  Just too much of a passenger in matches like this. 

A bit harsh to judge that moment whilst he's playing on that pitch and was fucking knackered.

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

In theory so will Aberdeen though. And to be honest, Joe Lewis only had a couple of saves. On another night it could have been more but a slightly better performance from Aberdeen and that was a draw tonight.

The scrapping of the away goal rule now also (potentially) works in our favour. 

Even if we go a goal down we know that winning 2-1 gives us extra time. It should take away at least some of the fear factor of being hit on the break. 

All that counts is winning the game. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Let's be honest here as well. Our chances of keeping a clean sheet against anybody that isn't called Dundee United, isn't high. 

We should approach the match on Thursday expecting to concede , and looking to score 3. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

1 minute ago, CCB19035 said:

Let the guy cut in and get the shot off, did Hayes. 

Could've been dealt better by just about everyone.

Hayes was forced to keep half an eye on the guy running unopposed to his left - if that runner that had been tracked, then Hayes can solely concentrate on defending the shot.

Football can often be about creating overlaps, and the minute you let it happen, you are in trouble.  I am in the 'Lewis may have done better with the shot' too camp, but it would have been a very good save if he'd made it, and he deserves credit for two very important saves near the start and end. 

It looks to me like Cormack is waiting to see if we qualify for the group stage before going any further with signings whilst hoping that those who have so far come in are good enough to get us there. If we do the budget goes up and better players come in than if we don’t. It’s a gamble as obviously we could go out next Thursday.
Trying to get Boyle may be down to hearing he was close to extending at Hibs and had to act quickly to see if there was a chance he’d be interested. The bid being laughed at only adds embarrassment.

Tonight was down to the players trying to play a passing game on a shit pitch where it wasn’t possible. That’s down to Glass and his team. Considering how big next Thursday is, the starting 11 should be omitted and we go with reserves on Sunday. As said numerous times by others, getting pumped by Hearts doesn’t matter if we win on Thursday.

And a striker. Ramirez was puffing oot his arse after 50 minutes tonight. 

Yeah. Thought he might put McGinn on to run around aimlessly for half an hour tbh. Would’ve been better than Ramirez running around aimlessly AND shattered.