The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

9 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The state of that bid. :lol: 

Fair comment 

He’s under contract and one of Hibs best players, bidding £500k is a waste of time 

That is, if the report is accurate 

He’s a Dandy through and through though, he’ll jump at it if terms get agreed 

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

Depends if there is a contractual clause allowing him to talk to other clubs provided a certain figure is met.

Would be surprised if it’s 500k though.

Yeah f**k knows seen all kinds of random claiming to be itk bollocks about it. There is a clause, there isn't a clause, there is a clause but only for non Scottish sides.

Just quite impressed that they're showing this kind of ambition at the every least. I thought it would be a couple of loans in by the end of the window at most if no players are sold.

That would be a sensational signing.

Surely only a go-er if there is a release clause otherwise your thinking there is no way Hibs will deal, and particularly when Doidge is deid and Nisbet could be sold.

Chat seems to be that the release clause applies only for foreign clubs.

Probably was inserted to stop Lennon taking him to Celtic for pennies and sticking him on the bench tbf.

Got to respect the absolute patter of that offer tbf, more teams should do it and just noise eachother up.

Hope we return with £1m + Lewis Ferguson.

Probably was inserted to stop Lennon taking him to Celtic for pennies and sticking him on the bench tbf.
Got to respect the absolute patter of that offer tbf, more teams should do it and just noise eachother up.

All set up nicely for Atlanta to meet his release clause and loan him to Aberdeen.

57 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

The only difference being Ferguson wouldnt want to go to hibs whilst boyle is a lifelong dandy.

Atlanta to invoke his clause and then immediately swap him for hernandez

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I get that Boyle grew up a dons fan but I don’t see what’s particular in this move for him, unless we’re offering silly money which I hope we wouldn’t be. 

Hibs have every right to tell us to get fucked too. 

I agree with all of this - if, however, Boyle has been offered really silly cash by Aberdeen then that changes everything.

It may be that Glass thinks this is a vital missing cog in his machine - and Cormack is willing to delay his next set of porcelain veneers to pay for it?

I hae ma doots tho.......

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

I agree with all of this - if, however, Boyle has been offered really silly cash by Aberdeen then that changes everything.

It may be that Glass thinks this is a vital missing cog in his machine - and Cormack is willing to delay his next set of porcelain veneers to pay for it?

I hae ma doots tho.......

There’s no doubt that we badly lack pace in an attacking sense, so finances aside Boyle would be a fantastic addition. 

I don’t think we’ll be willing to pay what is required to get him, unless maybe we make the groups in Europe and a Lewis Ferguson shaped windfall is incoming.