The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Absolutely agree, sick of losing players for f**k all. If I ever met that Bosman c**t I'd punch him to the ground.

Saw a documentary about him on BT Sports a few months back - he’s bankrupt and suffers from alcoholism and depression, his wife long since left him and he’s living on his own in a small flat in Liege.

He made so many footballers ludicrously rich, but at the expense of clubs like ours, and it seems himself.

Just now, tarapoa said:

Saw a documentary about him on BT Sports a few months back - he’s bankrupt and suffers from alcoholism and depression, his wife long since left him and he’s living on his own in a small flat in Liege.

He made so many footballers ludicrously rich, but at the expense of clubs like ours, and it seems himself.

Ah, I'll maybe just let him be then. 😬

A terrible Standard of living for the bloke?

13 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

I like that we cut the allocation of the gruesome twosome at Pittodrie 

Seeing them fill up two sections in the South was horrible, stewart Milne once suggested giving them the whole South Stand, the fucking teuchter c**t

It was a horrendous period in our club's history. Can't believe that the club ever did that, despite the economic arguments that are not difficult to make - but gads min.

However, it would be nice if more of the latent home support came out for more of the games  - Cormack wants 15K ST holders, right now we are at 55% of that.

Edited by tarapoa

14 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

It was a horrendous period in our club's history. Can't believe that the club ever did that, despite the economic arguments that are not difficult to make - but gads min.

However, it would be nice if more of the latent home support came out for more of the games  - Cormack wants 15K ST holders, right now we are at 55% of that.

How much did old Dick use to allocate for the plastic paddys & jakey (union) jacks? They use to get the whole Beach End and the uncovered corner in the South Stand at the Beach End side. I don't know how many that was but it would've been upwards of 5,000 but probably not more than 7,500 but the Beach End used to be packed to the rafters. I use to look over and think there was more than there should have been.

It was like their cup final to travel up to the Granite City for a spanking. 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

McGrath seems to have no interest in staying in Scottish football longer than his current St Mirren deal.

Correct, McGrath is going to England and it will be done soon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58061292

The good news

Aberdeen are boosted by the return of winger Ryan Hedges, who is available again after missing last weekend's opening league win over Dundee United through injury.

The not so good news

Matty Kennedy has a sore back and has stayed in Scotland to give him every chance of being available for Sunday's Premiership encounter at Livingston.

Right lads, I've got an EPL/SPFL Fantasy Football draft tomorrow and looking at Aberdeen's team, who would you think will get more points across the season, JET or Ramirez?

Also do you expect Ramsay to be your first choice right back? I'll definitely be in the market for Hedges as well.

Edited by AJF

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

Right lads, I've got an EPL/SPFL Fantasy Football draft tomorrow and looking at Aberdeen's team, who would you think will get more points across the season, JET or Ramirez?

Also do you expect Ramsay to be your first choice right back? I'll definitely be in the market for Hedges as well.

Ramirez most likely, JET looks like he's going to play a bit deeper and may get more assists but hard to see him scoring more goals. I think Ramsay will be rested on occasion due to being so young and to give Gurr or McCrorie a game there but I'd be shocked if he isn't first choice for the majority of the season.

Hedges will be key for us this season but is being linked with a move to Championship teams recently and with it being the last year of his deal it's certainly possible he could go.

Edited by Rodhull

19 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Ramirez most likely, JET looks like he's going to play a bit deeper and may get more assists but hard to see him scoring more goals. I think Ramsay will be rested on occasion due to being so young and to give Gurr or McCrorie a game there but I'd be shocked if he isn't first choice for the majority of the season.

Hedges will be key for us this season but is being linked with a move to Championship teams recently and with it being the last year of his deal it's certainly possible he could go.

Stealing my posts as well as my tweets.

Ugh.