The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Listened to the latest “Here We Go” podcast today and one of the guests is ex-director Hugh Little. He reckons that Ojo is on one of the highest wages at the club and Aberdeen should be/will be trying to find him a new club to get him off the wage bill before 31st August.

Guest Bob Mahelp

There's hardly been a game in recent memory where anyone who wanted a ticket didn't get one. 

As far as I'm aware, Livi are trying to get permission to give Aberdeen more than 900 tickets for Sunday. I'm pretty sure that if you're desperate enough to get to Livingston, on a Sunday, on a day when Scotrail are on strike, you'll get a ticket. 

I've been quietly impressed with ojo,ok he had a absolute belter of a miss against hacken but other than that has he not been fairly solid [emoji848]

Listened to the latest “Here We Go” podcast today and one of the guests is ex-director Hugh Little. He reckons that Ojo is on one of the highest wages at the club and Aberdeen should be/will be trying to find him a new club to get him off the wage bill before 31st August.

More unsubstantiated rumours this evening that the club have accepted a bid for Hedges and he's given notice on his house lease in Banchory.

Given the 3M plus prize pot for the European groups - surely nobody should be leaving quite yet.

29 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

There's hardly been a game in recent memory where anyone who wanted a ticket didn't get one. 

As far as I'm aware, Livi are trying to get permission to give Aberdeen more than 900 tickets for Sunday. I'm pretty sure that if you're desperate enough to get to Livingston, on a Sunday, on a day when Scotrail are on strike, you'll get a ticket. 

Burnley and Ibrox replay in the Scottish Cup you couldn't get tickets if you didn't have hundreds of loyalty points.

I went in the Burnley end at Turf Moor and I was in the home end at Atletico Madrid.

Fans don't like the Ugly Sisters doing it at Pittodrie and I understand that to a point. However, as much as AberDNA brings money in the club so do away supporters. It seems to be cutting your nose off to spite your face to not sell larger allocations to away supporters if the home support can't get anywhere near selling out.

I personally draw the line at going in the Ugly Sisters end, although I know someone that paid around £200 for a home end ticket for the Ibrox Championship decider in 1991.

As long as your respectful and keep your head down then I don't see the problem. Ideally, you want to be in with your own colours but sometimes it just isn't possible.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

2 hours ago, Baldie1980 said:

I've been quietly impressed with ojo,ok he had a absolute belter of a miss against hacken but other than that has he not been fairly solid emoji848.png

I’d be looking to offload him.

He’s “at the highest end of our wage structure” according to Hugh Little, ex Director. 

He doesn’t deserve to be and it would mean we can allocate about £4K per week to another player. 

And we can get a modest fee too as he’s under contract.

6 hours ago, tarapoa said:

More unsubstantiated rumours this evening that the club have accepted a bid for Hedges and he's given notice on his house lease in Banchory.

Given the 3M plus prize pot for the European groups - surely nobody should be leaving quite yet.

I'm dead against selling Hedges this summer unless we receive a very good offer. He's such a key player for us and one I fear we'll have difficulty sourcing a suitable replacement. 

I'd be reluctant to sell both Ferguson and Hedges this summer as their sale could jeopardize our season.

Regarding Ojo, theres certainly been an improvement from him this season however if indeed he is one of the highest earners at the club he currently doesn't represent value for money/wage. If true, we need to move him on. Personally, I prefer Dylan McGeouch to Ojo anyway.

Losing hedges would be shite but if he’s made his mind up and the money is right then let him go. 

The squad needs work still if we’re to sustain a full season at the level we’ve started at so that may go some way to helping. However, If him and Ferguson leave this window then we may have left ourselves too much to do in the transfer market between now and September.