The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Club got to look at this points system again - a two tier system. Those that are DNA and those that are not. There is people that doesn't miss and home and away match but won't be able to get tickets early as they are not in the DNA. The DNA gives you 120 points, season 120 tickets and then the away games

I'm over 600 points though so will see how sales are going. 

DNA and season tickets are 40 points each mate.

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

Club got to look at this points system again - a two tier system. Those that are DNA and those that are not. There is people that doesn't miss and home and away match but won't be able to get tickets early as they are not in the DNA. The DNA gives you 120 points, season 120 tickets and then the away games

I'm over 600 points though so will see how sales are going. 

I'm not being awkward but away tickets don't help run the club. Don't see why they should hold more value than AberDNA.

56 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm not being awkward but away tickets don't help run the club. Don't see why they should hold more value than AberDNA.

My point is that fans that go to every home and away game following the club is not able to buy any tickets today. That is not right just because they haven't bought AberDNA.

Those that purchase AberDNA and season tickets but only go to a few away games is ahead of someone that hasn't missed a game and that isn't right. 

Edited by betting competition

3 minutes ago, betting competition said:

My point is that fans that go to every home and away game following the club is not able to buy any tickets today. That is not right just because they haven't bought AberDNA 

I have had a season ticket for the past three years. I've had DNA for the past two. Have bought numerous items in the club shop over the past three years as well as attending cup games.

I am nowhere near the amount of points required.

Sounds like someone else bashing DNA again.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I have had a season ticket for the past three years. I've had DNA for the past two. Have bought numerous items in the club shop over the past three years as well as attending cup games.

I am nowhere near the amount of points required.

Sounds like someone else bashing DNA again.

I know someone that hasn't missed an Aberdeen game in over 20 years that doesn't have enough points today.

There needs to be a two tier system for those that are season ticket holder that doesn't miss much away days which the points system was originally built for.  The DNA is good to get money into the club but it should not be able to get ahead of die-hard fans. 

Edited by betting competition

Just now, betting competition said:

I know someone that hasn't missed an Aberdeen game in over 20 years that doesn't have enough points today.

There needs to be a two tier system for those that don't miss many away days which the points system was orginally built for.  The DNA is good to get money into the club but it should not be able to get ahead of die-hard fans. 

He'll have at least 300 points though. Will definitely get if he wants to go.

11 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Think he will be nearer 400 points but they should have first chance of buying tickets as well as they go to every game. 

So the real argument here is the initial points total is either too high or should go back further than 2017. Which I would agree with.

48 minutes ago, betting competition said:

My point is that fans that go to every home and away game following the club is not able to buy any tickets today. That is not right just because they haven't bought AberDNA.

Those that purchase AberDNA and season tickets but only go to a few away games is ahead of someone that hasn't missed a game and that isn't right. 

Disagree.  The points system should be skewed in favour of people supporting the club financially.  A DNA contribution helps the club far more than attending away games, and it's right that it should carry more weight.

(I'm a long term season ticket holder but don't have DNA, so I'm not looking for an advantage for myself.  I just think people who effectively made a donation the club should take precedence over people who'd rather spend their money on away tickets funding our rivals).

4 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

Disagree.  The points system should be skewed in favour of people supporting the club financially.  A DNA contribution helps the club far more than attending away games, and it's right that it should carry more weight.

(I'm a long term season ticket holder but don't have DNA, so I'm not looking for an advantage for myself.  I just think people who effectively made a donation the club should take precedence over people who'd rather spend their money on away tickets funding our rivals).

I agree with this and I'm in the same position as you.  I buy my season ticket but I'm not interested in paying a monthly subscription to the club - I accept this pushes me down the pecking order a bit, but the folk above me are putting more money into the club, so it's fair enough IMHO.  Also they wouldn't get as many people joining the DNA if they didn't offer a decent number of points for it.  

5 minutes ago, resk said:

I agree with this and I'm in the same position as you.  I buy my season ticket but I'm not interested in paying a monthly subscription to the club - I accept this pushes me down the pecking order a bit, but the folk above me are putting more money into the club, so it's fair enough IMHO.  Also they wouldn't get as many people joining the DNA if they didn't offer a decent number of points for it.  

You can pay it as a one-off.

I am glad those that go to away games get loyalty points for it - but the bottom line is unless that is a cup tie, it does no good to AFC financially.

Some of these 'away day diehards' have been spotted all over social media looking for live streams of home games in recent times, rather than paying the club PPV.

The loyalty point system seems about right as it is.

Games should be worth points and DNA should be worth points.

If they had their act together then the PPV's and club shop purchases should also be worth points.

If you attend every away game then it should probbably be worth more than the 40 points you get for dna. 

Normally about 25 away games per season so that should be over 50 points.

3 minutes ago, d31 said:

Games should be worth points and DNA should be worth points.

If they had their act together then the PPV's and club shop purchases should also be worth points.

If you attend every away game then it should probbably be worth more than the 40 points you get for dna. 

Normally about 25 away games per season so that should be over 50 points.

2 points a ticket isn't it?

I’ve had a season ticket for the past 26 years, been a DNA subscriber for the past two years and up to lockdown averaged probably 15 away games a season, and I’ve “only” got 409 points. I would have thought that anyone with over 300 points would get a ticket.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve had a season ticket for the past 26 years, been a DNA subscriber for the past two years and up to lockdown averaged probably 15 away games a season, and I’ve “only” got 409 points. I would have thought that anyone with over 300 points would get a ticket.

sounds like you are good to go. there will be an element of the Dons just not wanting the website and phone lines to be jammed so staggering the callers makes sense