The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The match thread will be dead soon so best if I post this on here:

Edit:  Oooops sorry - clicked the wrong thread.

Well done, that must have sealed 56.

After all, it is every 2 months you win 1.

On 30/07/2021 at 21:04, TommyDickFingers said:

Think it was JJ that coined the Scottish Mourinho thing about Derek.

“The idea is that you wait for someone else to make a mistake: rather than having the ball and being vulnerable yourself, you sit back and wait for your opponents to make mistakes. If you have good players, if you’re better than your opponents, you tend to win games."

Quite a few sides in our league do that.

Neilson's Hearts - St Johnstone to an extent.  Often it works and obviously did for McInnes for several years. 

Being "exciting and expansive" will be interesting - and at times it will work and we'll all be delighted, but I suspect there will be a few tonkings in there as well - particularly if we play a high line with a central defence/ deep midfield that lacks pace.

As stated, let's give it a few games and the end of the window and see where we're at...............(hopefully the ECL groups, in a healthy league position, the LCQFs and with three decent new recruits on board !).

Edited by tarapoa

20 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Being "exciting and expansive" will be interesting - and at times it will work and we'll all be delighted, but I suspect there will be a few tonkings in there as well - particularly if we play a high line with a central defence/ deep midfield that lacks pace.

Exactly, it will be interesting and I'll take that right now after being bored shitless for what feels like an eternity; its not like we were immune to the odd tonking with Dels rigid man marking anti football anyway.

Whether Glass is successful or falls on his arse remains to be seen, but seeing friends / acquaintances buzzing to get to a game for a change will do me for now. 

23 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

(hopefully the ECL groups, in a healthy league position, the LCQFs and with three decent new recruits on board !).

Would be perfect, we are due a bit of luck 🤞

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Record saying Hedges missed the game through injury. Not sure if Glass was asked about it after the game or not as there's no direct quote in the article.

"Matty Kennedy was left out of the squad".

Such a harsh final line to the article.