The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Ach, it's just Dave showing that he's a man of the people. 
As long as the people are tanned, shiney teethed businessmen straight out of 1980's Dallas. 

Blake Carrington was Dynasty.IMG_0762.jpg

40 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Can someone edit the out of date season?

I think this European tie sums up what we’re going to get in the Glass era.

Think it will be a rollercoaster.

I think we'll be fine this season. Despite the result I thought we played well in patches. We need to be more clinical going forward. We certainly created chances to score.

Hacken are a decent side and were desperate to beat us after last weeks beating. 

Personally, I'm now looking forward to watching to Aberdeen play unlike last few seasons.

Will the Fergie statue be movable if we do build a new stadium? They are talking about there being more as well. Maybe they should put it at the top of the hill next to the ground. That way he can look down at the current and hopefully future stadium sites.

20 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

Will the Fergie statue be movable if we do build a new stadium? They are talking about there being more as well. Maybe they should put it at the top of the hill next to the ground. That way he can look down at the current and hopefully future stadium sites.

One like this up on the spittal will do wherever we put the new ground. 

20181101_073257-867x600.jpg.db453c2635e034bde4e5a3458a3fd895.jpg

I'm definitely not too concerned about tonight - Hacken are clearly a capable side and I would have more than settled for a 5-3 aggregate win when the tie was drawn.

I think there are still one or two questions over the centre-back situation, especially if we are going to be more expansive and play with the full-backs pushed up. I thought McCrorie was more uncomfortable tonight than last week, and Considine definitely doesn't have the pace you might expect a centre-back in that type of set-up to possess. Gallagher might surprise me, but my feeling from watching him in the past, both for Scotland and domestically, is that he is a defender who does his best work in his own penalty box. That obviously isn't a bad thing for a player in his position traditionally, but I think you ideally want more pace and technical ability among your centre-backs than we perhaps currently have to give Glass's approach the best chance of succeeding. 

Saying that, it's nice to see us creating chances again after the drought of post-January. We definitely did more than enough over the two games to show we were the better team and to deservedly progress. 

Have to remember, exciting attacking football also brings chances for the opponents, can’t have it both ways.

That said, the defensive triangle of Brown, McCrorie and Considine was far from convincing. Brown doesn’t have the legs anymore, that’s obvious from the first 2 games, although he will try to cover.

The other glaring weakness is upfront. As soon as Jet departed, the forward play was severely disrupted. Another striker/ attacker is an absolute must, there’s no way we can play 2 up and not have another decent option. 

33 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Glass made a good point about how dangerous teams can be with nothing to lose. 

Very rarely are you in a situation where a side has no interest in their defensive duties, and they gee it laldy from minute one.

With the circumstance considered, I thought we showed enough last night again to suggest we'll be OK. Provided we get a proper left sided player, another striker and a centre half. That is an absolute must. 

Agree 100% with this ^^^^

We can’t be relying on just two strikers if we’re starting them both, & we can’t be relying on the likes of Connor McLennan coming on. 

10 hours ago, Don exotic said:

Mounted on a turntable :)

Guest Bob Mahelp

I would imagine that McCrorie will miss out on Sunday as Gallagher comes in.  He's had to do a sticking plaster job in defence the last couple of games but hasn't always looked comfortable. 

As pointed out, we desperately need more cover in central defence. 

Is Campbell long term injured ? As decent has Ojo has been, I think Campbell would give us more control and balance, especially as it seems Ferguson will be pushed forward.

48 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I would imagine that McCrorie will miss out on Sunday as Gallagher comes in.  He's had to do a sticking plaster job in defence the last couple of games but hasn't always looked comfortable. 

As pointed out, we desperately need more cover in central defence. 

Is Campbell long term injured ? As decent has Ojo has been, I think Campbell would give us more control and balance, especially as it seems Ferguson will be pushed forward.

It’s possible we could see mcrorie moved into the ojo role on Sunday if Gallagher comes in. Alternatively we might be looking to manage browns game time with Europe and domestic games to juggle. 

Mcrorie isn’t a natural centre back for me so I really hope we’re not planning on using him regularly there. That does though only leave us with two centre halves, which is clearly wrong. 

I don’t mind Campbell - but he was dreadful in the cup aberration against United, so maybe leave it another week with him !