The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I would say whatever happens in the next fortnight, it’s incumbent on the support not to leap to conclusions whatever happens. We will be undercooked and it is a new side, there is no getting away from it. It’s just a case of whether we can assemble two performances to get ourselves through. 

It only sets the tone for glass’ reign if people decide it does. 

Spot on.

Callum Davidson had a very dodgy beginning to his managerial career, look how that turned out.

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I would say whatever happens in the next fortnight, it’s incumbent on the support not to leap to conclusions whatever happens. We will be undercooked and it is a new side, there is no getting away from it. It’s just a case of whether we can assemble two performances to get ourselves through. 

It only sets the tone for glass’ reign if people decide it does. 

Totally agree.

I wanted DM gone, but didn’t want Stephen Glass in.

But, he now deserves a chance.

No-one should be clamouring for his head or moan too much if Hacken beat us. 
We’re way under prepared & are underdogs IMO.

Give him proper time (& hopefully come the 31/8 when the window shuts, the gaps in the team & squad are plugged.

Only then can we start judging him. I’m not saying he has a free pass for the season, but we need to be prepared to take a few knocks potentially. 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

7 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

What we've got is a mixture of new players and last season's failures,

6 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I still believe he left us with a sound base in the squad

A sound base of last seasons failures that Glass has to hit the ground running with or it's cheerio. That's quite the brief Bob 😉

Joking aside, I agree that there will be little patience from the fans but that needs to be tempered with a touch of realism.

As a great philosopher once wrote:

‘Rome ne fu pas faite toute en un jour ’

118903123_download(2).png.944c17b90034186531781b7936a28288.png

47 minutes ago, starryfish said:

'Live video coverage' - we going back to the 1980's?

It's a sign.....🏆

1 hour ago, big al said:

Spot on.

Callum Davidson had a very dodgy beginning to his managerial career, look how that turned out.

I'd be surprised if Stephen Glass can engineer a cup double in (say) the next 3 seasons. (I don't think he'll last 3 seasons, tbh.)

I'd be surprised if he can engineer a cup winning triumph in the next 3 seasons. Just a feeling, hoping to be proved totally wrong.

3 hours ago, big al said:

Spot on.

In Davidsons first competitive game we went away from home and found ourselves a goal down, and a man down, at half time, yet we left with a point...

Guest Bob Mahelp
14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

In Davidsons first competitive game we went away from home and found ourselves a goal down, and a man down, at half time, yet we left with a point...

Did you not want Davidson booted after the first month or whatever of his tenure ?

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Did you not want Davidson booted after the first month or whatever of his tenure ?

I don't think so, no.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I hope Bob has booked some holidays from work then 

It's a cunning ploy, really. Shit post so much that nobody can find a specific shit post.

Guest Bob Mahelp
53 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

<<<< Bob desperately searching RGs posting history >>>>

I don't have enough breaths left in my body to take on that task. 

I do remember him though being highly critical of Davidson at the beginning of last season. Maybe calling for him to be sacked is invoking some poetic licence, but RG definitely threw a few dolls out of his combine harvester.