The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

25 minutes ago, big al said:

Obviously the club cares about their fans more than anyone else. The other clubs are obviously heartless b******* who don't care how many grannies die. is going the extra mile to ensure safe events and ensure the council agree to as many fans as possible.

Good on them for trying their best.

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Either that or the council has stipulated it as a condition of going beyond the 2k limit. 

I was sure the original announcement stated it was a club decision, but f**k knows where I've read that as it doesn't appear in the statement now.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I was sure the original announcement stated it was a club decision, but f**k knows where I've read that as it doesn't appear in the statement now.

Could be, just noted that when DC was on the radio he said the whole process was very much ‘a negotiation’. 

Im speculating but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s something along the lines of ‘can we get an extra 1k in if everyone has to provide proof of a test’ type of scenario. 

Would be interesting to know how it’s done because different councils could create a few inconsistencies. 

44 minutes ago, big al said:

Obviously the club is going the extra mile to ensure safe events and ensure the council agree to as many fans as possible.

Good on them for trying their best.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Could be, just noted that when DC was on the radio he said the whole process was very much ‘a negotiation’. 

Im speculating but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s something along the lines of ‘can we get an extra 1k in if everyone has to provide proof of a test’ type of scenario. 

Would be interesting to know how it’s done because different councils could create a few inconsistencies. 

I wonder if this critical thinking phenomenon will kick on?

9 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Testing before entry is pretty standard as far as I'm aware?

Absolute nonsense, and Cormack even informs you that the club not the council are going above and beyond...

"“Every supporter will require proof of a negative lateral flow test, which we believe is a price worth paying to demonstrate, more than any other similar event in Scotland has done so far, that we as a Club do care about safety and about implementing the highest standards possible."

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/07/16/afc-gets-greenlight-on-return-of-fans/

Edited by Bogbrush1903

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'll be the first club in Scotland to ask for it since the "test events" last winter, no other club this Summer has asked for it as its not required. Aberdeen have decided its necessary off their own back.

Rangers also asked fans to take a LFT prior to entry to the Arsenal match on Saturday.

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

It’s a bit of a nonsense though 

Even after you scan the barcode and enter your details, putting in whether the test is positive or negative is still a manual process

You’re really relying on everyone being honest, if you hadn’t been to the fitba in 18 months, what would you do…. 👀

I just need to make sure I dont use the same barcode again.

38 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Absolute nonsense, and Cormack even informs you that the club not the council are going above and beyond...

"“Every supporter will require proof of a negative lateral flow test, which we believe is a price worth paying to demonstrate, more than any other similar event in Scotland has done so far, that we as a Club do care about safety and about implementing the highest standards possible."

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/07/16/afc-gets-greenlight-on-return-of-fans/

One of a few things could be happening with testing:

- the council have asked for it in order to maximise attendance

- the club feel demonstrating going the extra mile will help increase the attendance in coming matches, like the Dundee United game. 

- they’re concerned at punters feeling unsafe and not turning out

Either way I doubt the club would insist on testing without a clear potential benefit behind it. 

Edited by Dons_1988

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

- the club feel demonstrating going the extra mile will help increase the attendance in coming matches, like the Dundee United game. 

Either way I doubt the club would insist on testing without a clear potential benefit behind it. 

Sevco, as mentioned above, also requested supporters take a LFT before their match against Arsenal, although unlike Aberdeen, they only gave their supporters two day notice.

However, I believe although not 100% certain, that across the city, Celtic did not request this for their supporters attending the Preston match.

This would suggest that it wasn't requested by GCC, so that may well also be the case with ACC.

What seems far likelier, given the late announcement by Sevco, that Aberdeen and Sevco may have discussed this at boardroom level and  decided that if they can prove to be responsible then the Scottish Gov might give the go ahead for larger attendances as you mention in your second point.

I think with regards punters turning up, then most season ticket holders will be more likely turn up whatever the protocols. LFT testing is more likely to be off-putting for those 'walk-ups' who decide closer to the match whether to attend or not as the season progresses.

However, with the increasing spread of Covid, I think it's unlikely we'll see stadiums fully open for some time yet.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Unfortunately, loads of people on here like stirring shite. People making out that the club are making it really difficult to get into the match, without coming up with a reason why they would be doing that. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Unfortunately, loads of people on here like stirring shite. People making out that the club are making it really difficult to get into the match, without coming up with a reason why they would be doing that. 

They aren't making it "really difficult"  but the club is asking for more than they need as per Government regulations for spectators to attend the Hacken match. Dave Cormack says it himself 

It's probably so he can ask for increased crowd limits in the future. It shows that the club have acted responsibly in relation to the pandemic.

What don't you understand? Why do you need to take everything as an attack on the club?

Edited by Bogbrush1903

5 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

What the hell is it with European competitions and us consistently getting the hardest possible draw...

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/07/19/uefa-conference-league-third-qualifying-round-draw/

"Hardest possible draw"? They finished 8th in their league. A visit to PAOK  or even Molde would've been more tricky.

They didn't even finish top of their bottom six.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

6 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

What the hell is it with European competitions and us consistently getting the hardest possible draw...

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/07/19/uefa-conference-league-third-qualifying-round-draw/

I think that's one of the two easier teams we could have got. The Czechs and Greeks would have been much tougher I reckon.