The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Incoming Ronnie rage...😉

b*****d burst my coupon. 

1 year deal is a surprise. Think most assumed it would stil be some kind of a loan despite him being written off or whatever the terminology was by Atlanta.

Edited by Rodhull

48 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

1 year deal is a surprise. Think most assumed it would stil be some kind of a loan despite him being written off or whatever the terminology was by Atlanta.

He doesn’t belong to anyone so how can we “loan” him when he doesn’t have a club?

Loan him from who exactly?

FWIW, I think we’ll be releasing him in January or May.

Don’t understand the signing at all. 

34 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

“Jack is an attacking full back who understands exactly how we want to play..."

Seems straightforward to me.

34 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I think we’ll be releasing him in January or May.

Based on what ? gut feeling? working with him for years? YouTube videos?

57 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

He doesn’t belong to anyone so how can we “loan” him when he doesn’t have a club?

Loan him from who exactly?

FWIW, I think we’ll be releasing him in January or May.

Going by what others said earlier in the thread the 'waiving' of a player in the US is not the same as releasing them and he was still an Atlanta player. Hence all the earlier talk of it still being a loan.

2 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

“Jack is an attacking full back who understands exactly how we want to play..."

Seems straightforward to me.

Based on what ? gut feeling? working with him for years? YouTube videos?

The fact he’s barely played a game of professional football by the age of 25. 

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Atlanta 2 are a professional team...

A lot of people seem to forget that Atlanta United 2 play in a professional league, probably on par with the Scottish Championship tbf

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

The fact he’s barely played a game of professional football by the age of 25. 

Gut feeling then, that a guy I'm guessing you'd never heard of in a league I'd wager you know as little as I do about will be gone in 6-8 months? that's fine but our manager who worked with him for nearly two years in professional socceristockphoto-515376908-612x612.jpg.5c3c460fb0307e838a81de8298212ea3.jpg has a different opinion and thinks he can offer something to the squad short term and offered him a 1yr deal. 

I just don't get the insta negativity. What exactly are you expecting? a whole new team, backroom staff, philosophy to magically appear instantly and free of charge ready to challenge at the top ? this isn't Champ Manager and we don't have cheat codes(RIP Rangers).

Ultimately Glass will live or die by his signings but holy f**k it's June give the guy a fighting chance eh?

Edited by TommyDickFingers

For what little its worth, but this is how Gurr "profiled" like against FBs in Americas 2nd tier in 2020. Can't comment on the quality of the level tbh.

Gurr.thumb.png.d07505dfb2937b62e6e887c10aeeaf1a.png

Poor in the air, and not the best defensively all round. Very much an attacking full back so maybe better suited as a wing back?

Set up more chances "per90" than any other FB that season.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

For what little its worth, but this is how Gurr "profiled" like against FBs in Americas 2nd tier in 2020. Can't comment on the quality of the level tbh.

Poor in the air, and not the best defensively all round. Very much an attacking full back so maybe better suited as a wing back?

Just wondering, where do you get all this data from?

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's a video that Atlanta uploaded to their YouTube account a couple of months ago. He's obviously very attacking and looks to play the ball in to feet (based on a short video of course) which is what we've been crying out for.

He's also going to be a cheaper back up at best.

Edited by Merkland Red

14 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

There's a video that Atlanta uploaded to their YouTube account a couple of months ago. He's obviously very attacking and looks to play the ball in to feet (based on a short video of course) which is what we've been crying out for.

He's also going to be a cheaper back up at best.

Yeah all points to him being an attacking back up tbh.

Also had the odd game at RCB, LB, and RW for Atlanta.

Think the USA leagues are a lot more possession oriented/lower tempo than here, suspect it'll be a culture shock the first time he receives a pass then gets instantly clattered.

Edited by RandomGuy.