The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

29 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

My favourite is when he repeatedly called Aberdeen delusional for turning down an offer that was 0.5-1.5 million below his own estimation of what the player is worth. And that's only if the higher quoted figure of the two reported offers is true.

You can tell he's very genuine and not just arguing any old shite in bad faith because he loves the attention.

No I called them that for describing it as "insulting" when it's nothing of the sort and is a fair and realistic opening offer. 

You need to learn to read what you're replying to. I never mentioned turning it down and described it as an "opening gambit".

21 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Not just that. Players aren't worth the same to both sides, which I get is what you're essentially saying in that second sentence, but far too many people just don't grasp this.

Exactly.

Watford will be looking at the level Ferguson and McGinn have come from and comparing stats etc. McGinn is now seen as a £40m player. Watford will likely be more than happy to gamble a couple of million if they see the same potential.

3 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

With clauses you might get more for Ferguson too but he still isn't worth even the same let alone more than those two.

Aberdeen have every right to look for four billion for him but they aren't going to get it.

McGinn went for 2.75 not 4, and he is worth more now as he has proven himself thoroughly at a higher level. He was also a full international.

We are in a deflated market post Covid. Two is perfectly fair. If Aberdeen weren't so deluded they'd negotiate up to 2.5 and bite their hand off as nobody else is going to pay more.

It's not delusional to to hold for 5m, McGinn got his call up when the midfield of Scotland wasn't that good, now Ferguson is fighting for a place when the position is at its healthiest in a long time.  Post covid is a lot of shit as well, do love that it's fans of crappy wee teams that are all too happy to flog their best assets to celtic and rangers for rubbish fees that are saying what is best for Aberdeen here.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Exactly.

Watford will be looking at the level Ferguson and McGinn have come from and comparing stats etc. McGinn is now seen as a £40m player. Watford will likely be more than happy to gamble a couple of million if they see the same potential.

That's right. That's why they're offering a couple of million. 

Looking forward to bringing this up when Aberdeen eventually get nowhere near for btw.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

It's not delusional to to hold for 5m, McGinn got his call up when the midfield of Scotland wasn't that good, now Ferguson is fighting for a place when the position is at its healthiest in a long time.  Post covid is a lot of shit as well, do love that it's fans of crappy wee teams that are all too happy to flog their best assets to celtic and rangers for rubbish fees that are saying what is best for Aberdeen here.

It is delusional. 100% and covid has changed the market. 

Aberdeen are a crappy wee team mate.

Dundee United fans seem to like to pin the "delusional" label on us.

Then they will go back into their caravans in places like Kirriemuir and Letham and speculate on who is going to pay £3m for Shankland - who managed one goal against a top six club this season.

Good luck to the traditional Dundee city club tonight................one less plastic pitch on the top flight would be nice.

Edited by tarapoa

1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Aberdeen are in a shit financial position and desperate for money. They just had to stop building their new stadium cause they don't have the money to do it. They now have to raise fifty million for it.

On what planet is that "a strong financial position"?  And why on earth would any club pay more for Ferguson than McGinn, Turnbull and McKenna went for?

See what I mean about delusional. Ridiculous.

They don’t have any debt is a pretty strong position. They lost 200k last season after the shitstorm that was covid. Speaking absolute bollocks saying they are in a shit financial position. 

UK youth are at a premium now too with the work permit problems since brexit. Why would any club accept the first offer? The only person here that is deluded is you thinking Ferguson isn’t worth more than 2m. We can have a laugh about that once he’s sold for more than that. 

Edited by BrendanGalloway

2 minutes ago, BrendanGalloway said:

They don’t have any debt is a pretty strong position. They lost 200k last season after the shitstorm that was covid. Speaking absolute bollocks saying they are in a shit financial position. 

UK youth are at a premium now too with the work permit problems since brexit. Why would any club accept the first offer? The only person here that is deluded is you thinking Ferguson isn’t worth more than 2m. We can have a laugh about that once he’s sold for more than that. 

Being fifty million short of the fifty million required to build a stadium is not in a strong position.

Again, try to read what you're replying to. Twice I have said they shouldn't accept the first offer, nobody ever does, and not once have I made any comments relating to accepting or not accepting any offer.

I commented in relation to describing a fair, serious and realistic opening offer as "insulting". Once more, you need to read what you're replying to before flying off the handle.

1 minute ago, CCB19035 said:

@HalfCutNinja

Because of insurance, and such like, Aberdeen lost around 200K throughout COVID. 

We aren't in as bad a financial situation as most other Scottish teams, also down to the fact we've raised 5million + in player sales this past season. 

You're coming across as a bitter, bitter guy. If United slapped a 5,000,000 price tag on Armstrong/GMS when they were being sold at the time, I would say 'good for them.' 

He's Aberdeen's player, we have our valuation, they have theirs. 

That would also have been deluded. You can have whatever valuation you want it means f**k all if nobody is willing to meet it.

What have I got to be bitter about I've not even mentioned Utd it's you lot that keeps bringing them up.

I'm just outraged at the stupidity of the Aberdeen board and how out of touch they are to think two is an"insulting" offer, and highly amused by the delusion of their fans who think you should be asking for five.

Just now, CCB19035 said:

So again, if the offer was 1.2 million, you think Aberdeen should've viewed that as an insult? 

No, slightly low but hardly insulting. 2.2 or something would be a fair price. 1.2 isn't a terrible opening offer with that in mind.

As it happens I've made the same criticism of Utd over Shankland who are in an identical position and also delusional. He would go for 1.8 or something now. They also thought they could get 4-6.

Just now, CCB19035 said:

Shankland has played the bulk of his career in the second tier of Scotland, and scored the bulk of his goals in there. 

Different kettle of fish, mate. 

So what what point are you making. I'm not gauging Ferguson's price in relation to him.

And very similar kettle of fish as it happens.

6 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

So what what point are you making. I'm not gauging Ferguson's price in relation to him.

And very similar kettle of fish as it happens.

Alan Hutton was sold for £9m and was shite. We shouldn't take any less than that. 

12 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

No, slightly low but hardly insulting. 2.2 or something would be a fair price. 1.2 isn't a terrible opening offer with that in mind.

As it happens I've made the same criticism of Utd over Shankland who are in an identical position and also delusional. He would go for 1.8 or something now. They also thought they could get 4-6.

£1.8m for Laurence Shankland 😂

Who's delusional now 😉