The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Are these random musings or something you've heard?

Are you from Canada?

Actually, I was just having a look on The Hat and it seems that HarleyQuinn's musings were repeated almost word for word by BonnieDon at round the same time... So either he's moonlighting on there, or one of them is a plagiarist... 

1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Aberdeen have acted like idiots going public with this and calling it "insulting". They are deluded, and 
Watford might just take their money elsewhere now. Its not like another Lewis Ferguson would be hard to find.

The statement and the hyperbole do seem a tad unnecessary..............but that's the culture we're in now at AFC.  More open communication - sometimes it works, sometimes it's questionable.

Ferguson's YouTube montage presumably won't include the embarrassing sitters he missed against Celtic a few weeks back, and Sevco at the weekend.

I think we'd all concluded he was off, so was a written transfer request really required?  Comes across as disrespectful to the club, when things surely could have been worked out behind the scenes - but given McKenna and Nisbet did similar recently, this seems to be agent tactics book 1 page 1 right now.

Had to do a double-take that Bill McMurdo was his agent - I thought he'd retired 20 years ago, and only emerged for $hite after-dinner speeches about the Mo Johnston thing.....

Edited by tarapoa

39 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Actually, I was just having a look on The Hat and it seems that HarleyQuinn's musings were repeated almost word for word by BonnieDon at round the same time... So either he's moonlighting on there, or one of them is a plagiarist... 

BonnieDon is my account on Afc chat.

I don't begrudge him wanting to move, it's natural, and probably the right time. Trying to force a move though, especially with an offer as derisory as the one suggested, is a disgrace. If his suitors know there's an unhappy player, it's hardly going to make them bid the asking price, when they know we risk keeping a disgruntled employee beyond the summer, is it?

Bellend. Probably badly advised by his baldy, *** c**t of a dad.
His "da" has always spoken highly of Aberdeen and was delighted he signed for us.
Take away his connections and he seems like one of the good guys.
He loves football and is well researched on the lower leagues.
That's 3 Fergies I like and none are Barry

Haraldur Ingólfsson AFC Twitter page: 

Aberdeen are monitoring the situation on Jackson Irvine and Martin Boyle. Both Hibs players will be on the move this summer. 

Clearly Ferguson and his agent are making their first move early. Transfer window is not even open yet so no wonder the club are insulted by the offer and rejecting the transfer request.

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Aberdeen are monitoring the situation on Jackson Irvine and Martin Boyle. Both Hibs players will be on the move this summer. 

Clearly Ferguson and his agent are making their first move early. Transfer window is not even open yet so no wonder the club are insulted by the offer and rejecting the transfer request.

Two days ago https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7126430/hibs-boyle-irvine-scottish-cup-final-aberdeen-transfer/

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Always enjoy scoops like that.

"Club are monitoring situation of well known, good player, they could afford".

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Always enjoy scoops like that.

"Club are monitoring situation of well known, good player, they could afford".

Aye.

He got a couple of things right a couple of years ago. Since then he seems to be using the red tops rumours or making common sense suggestions.

For what it's worth I was told a new striker is imminent but they didn't know who it was. Now we have JET I'm really hoping it's not Hendry.

Serious question: what's the point of a transfer request – Isn't that a relic of pre-Bosman days? And why are they always written – as if that adds some solemnity to it? I do like the tradition that they are always slapped in, though.

12 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Serious question: what's the point of a transfer request – Isn't that a relic of pre-Bosman days? And why are they always written – as if that adds some solemnity to it? I do like the tradition that they are always slapped in, though.

If he'd emailed it in we could pull the old Dundee trick.

Not surprised at this at all. I think Ferguson has reached that "next level" moment. Was beginning to worry that McInnes was going to ruin him the way he was being deployed. Disappointing that it looks like we won't get to see how he might flourish under Glass because the signs are there he could be exceptional in the way Glass wants to play. Just needs to stop missing the easy chances

10 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Its delusional.

Turnbull went for circa 3, McGinn went for circa 3, McKenna went for circa 3. Nisbett is going to go for circa 3.

Ferguson is not better than any of these players. That's about the right figure for him, 2.5-3.5.

Aberdeen have acted like idiots going public with this and calling it "insulting". They are deluded, and 
Watford might just take their money elsewhere now. Its not like another Lewis Ferguson would be hard to find.

10 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Was wondering when we'd get the opinion of the resident idiot.

Didn't take us too long.

He’s spot on in this instance though.  Calling the bid of £2m ‘derisory’ ffs... seriously, what do you think he’s worth?

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

He’s spot on in this instance though.  Calling the bid of £2m ‘derisory’ ffs... seriously, what do you think he’s worth?

Was it not a bid of £1.2m?

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

It was allegedly £1.2m.

What other language should the club use when we're trying to maximise the value. "It was almost there, not quite. Try again."

The players he mentioned also never went to the EPL. That should add a fair whack to the value for a start.

Edited by Merkland Red

29 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

I believe some contracts you forgo any ironically named ‘loyalty’ bonuses when you get sold. Which is why at the higher end you get footballers acting like cocks to force through a move without sticking in a request so they don't lose out on money.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was it not a bid of £1.2m?

I was just going by the figure quoted on the BBC 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57178643

Aberdeen say they have rejected a transfer request from Scotland under-21 midfielder Lewis Ferguson after turning down an "insulting offer" from a Premier League club.

It has been reported the Scottish Premiership club dismissed a £2m bid from newly-promoted Watford.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It was allegedly £1.2m.

What other language should the club use when we're trying to maximise the value. "It was almost there, not quite. Try again."

The players he mentioned also never went to the EPL that should add a fair whack to the value for a start.

Don’t you feel there’s a bit of hypocrisy there considering the way Aberdeen tried to low ball Accies for him in the first place?

9 hours ago, tarapoa said:

The statement and the hyperbole do seem a tad unnecessary..............but that's the culture we're in now at AFC.  More open communication - sometimes it works, sometimes it's questionable.

Ferguson's YouTube montage presumably won't include the embarrassing sitters he missed against Celtic a few weeks back, and Sevco at the weekend.

I think we'd all concluded he was off, so was a written transfer request really required?  Comes across as disrespectful to the club, when things surely could have been worked out behind the scenes - but given McKenna and Nisbet did similar recently, this seems to be agent tactics book 1 page 1 right now.

Had to do a double-take that Bill McMurdo was his agent - I thought he'd retired 20 years ago, and only emerged for $hite after-dinner speeches about the Mo Johnston thing.....

I didn't realise he was still alive, tbh.

1 minute ago, CCB19035 said:

He was out of contract. 

The development fee was what was disputed.

Apples and Oranges 

Were Hamilton not also initially claiming something ridiculous as well? Pretty sure the tribunal sided more with Aberdeens valuation than Hamiltons.