Jump to content

The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2021/22


Guest

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

A big physical striker that scored against us previously. I’m sure we’ve seen this movie before 😉

We certainly have, and personally I thought that Adam Rooney did a pretty good job for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn’t realise that Jay Emmanuel-Thomas has played in the English Premier League for Arsenal. Great answer in his RedTV interview to who is the best player you have ever played with. “Cesc Fabregas.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I didn’t realise that Jay Emmanuel-Thomas has played in the English Premier League for Arsenal. Great answer in his RedTV interview to who is the best player you have ever played with. “Cesc Fabregas.”

Think he only managed 1 game but was very highly regarded by Wenger at one point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, gannonball said:

Brown,Gallagher and now Jet. Has Glass been on the wind up with all this ethos pish and just going for big/dirty shithouses? Not the worst Idea tbh.

All the best teams have big/dirty shithouses. The difference here is that the big/dirty shithouses we've signed can all play a bit, which is unusual for this league.

He still needs to sign a fair bit of technical ability until I'm convinced to be honest. Overall happy so far though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Welcome aboard JET. I think he'll be a fairly decent addition to our squad. He can't be any worse then any of the strikers that have worn the red jersey this past season.

To backtrack on what I said a few days ago. I think we just have to trust Glass and his recruitment strategy. 

Going to reserve judgement until I see how the new squad does after a few months.

COYR!

Edited by HarleyQuinn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Brown,Gallagher and now Jet. Has Glass been on the wind up with all this ethos pish and just going for big/dirty shithouses? Not the worst Idea tbh.

I'm hoping it's a case of getting experienced pros in to help the younger players with the change in philosophy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have a long, distinguished recent history of signing big strikers and then....hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quite happy with this. Seems like someone who might actually hold the ball up for a change which nobody could after Watkins left last year. Get a 20-goal striker in as well though please. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We have a long, distinguished recent history of signing big strikers and then....hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof

 

 

Was thinking same,thought Jet was more a McInnes type signing. Did well against us but so did nearly everyone else.Not excited and doubt this will shift season tickets but as always with new players hope he is a success. Good luck min .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently we're set to announce Anderson tonight, was part of the JET 'agreement' between the clubs

Announced now. Decent, basically a swap then. JET for Anderson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In any game that I've seen Jet play in he basically just barges into defenders, so much for the footballing side that Glass talked about.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

In any game that I've seen Jet play in he basically just barges into defenders, so much for the footballing side that Glass talked about.

 

You barely watch Rangers games Benny. Never mind anyone else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

In any game that I've seen Jet play in he basically just barges into defenders, so much for the footballing side that Glass talked about.

 

You’ve obviously seen our next season’s team play already. How did we do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

In any game that I've seen Jet play in he basically just barges into defenders, so much for the footballing side that Glass talked about.

 

Tell us more, did he tackle too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You’ve obviously seen our next season’s team play already. How did we do?

Finished 8th behind St Mirren.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently we're set to announce Anderson tonight, was part of the JET 'agreement' between the clubs

I realise you are a little excited about Anderson, but he isn’t really that good I’m afraid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...