The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

In all seriousness nothing good ever comes from this being played out in public for any party involved, except maybe the buying club. 

We’d obviously let him go for a fair price so why he’s trying to force our hand so early in the summer I don’t know. 

Disappointing to see Aberdeen holding a gun to his head and not letting him progress his career tbh.

1 minute ago, lubo_blaha said:

What the hell are they thinking tweeting that?

I'd guess they're getting out in front of the story as it'd be leaked by his agent anyway.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

I genuinely don't see anything wrong with it and you know I'm hardly the biggest Cormack fan.

I’m not massively against it, just has his footprint on it. Don’t think Milne would ever use that language. 

I am just disappointed it looks like it might become a fractured parting of the ways. 

I don't have a problem with the statement, quite the reverse. I think it's the best way the club can handle this. Puts the club in control of the situation, and makes it clear to any potential suitors that we won't be accepting cut price bids. I have no doubt the club will accept offers they think are appropriate. The money in English football is insane, and it's about time clubs in Scotland started holding out for the true value of a player. If Ferguson was at Celtic or Rangers they'd be saying he was worth £10m+, so good on the club for playing hard.

16 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Puts the club in control of the situation, and makes it clear to any potential suitors that we won't be accepting cut price bids. 

I presume if they don't come back with a higher bid... depending on who wants them they can wait it out and come back with maybe a price a bit more and take him. I presume like every Scottish club if a bid comes in its hard to say no for so long ? The rest of what you saying I agree with but is irrelevant. 

Didn't Aberdeen have to go to a tribunal to make them pay Hamilton Accies ? Or something along those lines 

Edited by Robin.Hood

Just now, Robin.Hood said:

I presume if they don't come back with a higher bid... depending on who wants them they can wait it out and come back with maybe a price a bit more and take him. I presume like every Scottish club if a bid comes in its hard to say no for so long ? The rest of what you saying I agree with but is irrelevant. 

We wouldn't be in any urgent need to sell. Looks like the club are trying to control it and fund the required rebuild.

3 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Didn't Aberdeen have to go to a tribunal to make them pay Hamilton Accies ? Or something along those lines 

It was a tribunal because they couldn't agree a fee it wasn't that Aberdeen refused to pay anything. Think it ended up being somewhere between 150-200k.

19 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

It all comes down to who blinks first. I don't think Dave Cormack amassed a personal fortune of £0.5B by shitting himself when the first offer comes in. If Watford want him, they've already been told the asking price (who knows what that is).

Edited by Illgresi

1 minute ago, Illgresi said:

It all comes down to who blinks first. I don't think Dave Cormack amassed a personal fortune of £0.5B buy shitting himself when the first offer comes in. If Watford want him, they've already been told the asking price (who knows what that is).

Let's see if Aberdeen can hold an English team to get a decent bid. Dosnt happen an awful lot so would be good to see a young Scottish player go for decent money.  See how all this pans out.

I presume when Aberdeen bid for any lower team player it be the exact same for them