The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

14 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

All good, mines was based on Livi twitter side of things so nice to see both sets of fans have picked up on it and seems like a genuine rumour/deal. 

So AFC are in effect paying £250k for JET, which is the training comp we’d be due for Anderson?

Stuff that

Just now, Afc69 said:

So AFC are in effect paying £250k for JET, which is the training comp we’d be due for Anderson?

Stuff that

Depends on what way you look at it. Is anyone likely to pay 250k for Anderson? If not then it's likely he leaves for nothing next summer as he's 23 and you get no compensation. 

You're not paying 250k, you're paying only what another club would stump up for Bruce Anderson, which in a year could be nothing

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I’m not sure if I’ve been watching a different player this season, but although Hoban has had some reasonable games I’ve always thought that he looks like a mistake waiting to happen. The most confident I’ve felt with him having the ball at his feet, was when he had his three or four runs up the right wing during the season. He looked great then. At times he looked slow and ponderous and some of his forward balls were worse than Ash Taylor. He was ok, but no more and can’t understand why so many fans thought he was a wonderful defender.

Yeah he was very good taking the ball up the field from rcb the first couple of months.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Not anymore by the sound of it. It seems ridiculously complicated but now it would appear to depend on Chelsea and Villarreal for it to be guaranteed.

Link to the forum page on that guys site where it's discussed in painful detail.

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=5349&start=465

I apologise. I thought that it was straightforward, but not only not straightforward, so complicated that I can’t actually follow what is now due to happen. Just as well finishing fourth in my opinion.

English right back who has just been promoted to the Atlanta first team so obviously Glass worked with him before. He's 25 so not exactly that young.

Edited by Rodhull

And in a story that I think  seems more than a bit unlikely....

Weird headline as the article states we're interested in both and also that Boyle has a release clause of 500k. ( Now been edited to make a bit more sense)

Would be great signings blah, blah, blah and I guess these would fit the 'exciting names' that mainstandmoan mentioned but not exactly getting my hopes up.

Edited by Rodhull

44 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

English right back who has just been promoted to the Atlanta first team so obviously Glass worked with him before. He's 25 so not exactly that young.

Happier with this type of signing if Glass has actually coached him before.

17 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Weird headline as the article states we're interested in both and also that Boyle has a release clause of 500k. 

Would be great signings blah, blah, blah and I guess these would fit the 'exciting names' that mainstandmoan mentioned but not exactly getting my hopes up.

IF we were to get Irvin then I guess that'd mean Regan Hendry is a non starter. Disappointing.

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Nothing in the article suggests it's at that stage yet? Also says Hearts are interested in him.

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Nothing in the article suggests it's at that stage yet? Also says Hearts are interested in him.

True, but it's another step forward. Hopefully see something over the next few days 

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Happier with this type of signing if Glass has actually coached him before.

IF we were to get Irvin then I guess that'd mean Regan Hendry is a non starter. Disappointing.

They've edited the article now to more match the headline. Now just says Several clubs home and abroad are interested in Boyle.

8 hours ago, Iminavest said:

Shay signing off in typically understated style 😂

Screenshot_20210517-230549_Instagram.jpg

I love Shay Logan. A superb player for us for most of his time at Pittodrie. I remember being worried to see him in the starting eleven in the Tynecastle semi final just a day after signing on loan. Needn’t have had any concern and he hit the ground running. Thank you Shay.

Weird headline as the article states we're interested in both and also that Boyle has a release clause of 500k. ( Now been edited to make a bit more sense)

:lol:

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Irvine would be a tremendous signing imo. Was quite annoyed Hibs snapped him up in January. Getting him on a free would be similar to us getting Severin all those years ago.

Irvine is a good player and would be a decent signing. I'm not sure that he's reached his full potential yet at ibs though, and I'd imagine they would be anxious to keep him there. 

No thanks to Boyle. He's had a flash in the pan season that I reckon will be unlikely to be repeated.

16 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Irvine is a good player and would be a decent signing. I'm not sure that he's reached his full potential yet at ibs though, and I'd imagine they would be anxious to keep him there. 

No thanks to Boyle. He's had a flash in the pan season that I reckon will be unlikely to be repeated.

Any weakening of Hibs' squad is a good thing as they clearly at the moment have the 3rd best squad in the league