Jump to content

The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2021/22


Guest

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Oh aye and article says Mcginn will be offered a new deal on reduced terms.

Can't see McGinn agreeing to that. I'm more confused by that story suggesting we have offered deals to Mikey Devlin and Ethan Ross. What have either of them done to justify new deals?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Can't see McGinn agreeing to that. I'm more confused by that story suggesting we have offered deals to Mikey Devlin and Ethan Ross. What have either of them done to justify new deals?

Probably cheap options as I can't imagine either will have clubs queuing up for them. All the reports I've seen have said Devlin's would only be short term to see if he can prove his fitness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

they are certainly owe us a fee morally

i know you know this, but that's not a thing.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Probably cheap options as I can't imagine either will have clubs queuing up for them. All the reports I've seen have said Devlin's would only be short term to see if he can prove his fitness.

Devlin never really recovered after his disgusting red card v Killie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Oh aye and article says Mcginn will be offered a new deal on reduced terms.

If McGinn signs a new deal then that'll be me quickly switching to the 'Glass doesn't know what he is doing' camp.

Edited by Merkland Red
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

If McGinn signs a new deal then that'll be me quickly switching to the 'Glass doesn't know what he is doing' camp.

Have to admit that besides maybe Gallagher none of the recruitment stories so far are filling me with much confidence for next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, resk said:

i know you know this, but that's not a thing.  

Yeah, clearly, it was exaggeration given how unfit he was. If a fee is paid, I imagine it will be under the terms I set out earlier.

Edited by EdinburghLivi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not even a remote chance we'll finish third next season. Apathy already kicking in.

The announcements of JET and Robertson set to sign, Glass potentially keeping one of Kamberi or Hendry and now McGinn, Ross and Devlin all being offered new deals genuinely has me questioning if we'll finish top 6 next season.

Hibs fans rightfully laughing at us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is Barry Robsons reputation like as a coach for you guys? He has been linked to us for the “head coach” role. I actually wouldn’t be too opposed to this, even if to me he seems like a bit of a dewr chap, but was just wondering if people who had experienced him coaching thought positively towards him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

What is Barry Robsons reputation like as a coach for you guys? He has been linked to us for the “head coach” role. I actually wouldn’t be too opposed to this, even if to me he seems like a bit of a dewr chap, but was just wondering if people who had experienced him coaching thought positively towards him?

I think he's a "good to have around the dressing room" type. Hard to say what he actually brings in terms of a professional standard of coaching, as it all comes from the top.

Sheerin would be the one to poach probably. He's the senior one, and took interim charge after McInnes was nudged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I think he's a "good to have around the dressing room" type. Hard to say what he actually brings in terms of a professional standard of coaching, as it all comes from the top.

Sheerin would be the one to poach probably. He's the senior one, and took interim charge after McInnes was nudged.

Yeah, Sheerin would be ahead of him on my list but was wondering how Robson was as I haven’t really heard much about him, coaching wise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Just remembered how JET had Aberdeen fans raging about his penalty in the cup :D 

 

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Just noticing Aberdeen are the new Motherwell, transfer policy of just signing Livi and ex-Livi players

He’s not even signed yet mate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Yeah, Sheerin would be ahead of him on my list but was wondering how Robson was as I haven’t really heard much about him, coaching wise.

Robson coaches the U18s at AFC but I think is being marginalised and will be out the door when Brooner arrives as he’ll be coaching that team.

Can see both Robson and Sheerin departing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Not even a remote chance we'll finish third next season. Apathy already kicking in.

The announcements of JET and Robertson set to sign, Glass potentially keeping one of Kamberi or Hendry and now McGinn, Ross and Devlin all being offered new deals genuinely has me questioning if we'll finish top 6 next season.

Hibs fans rightfully laughing at us.

Calm down man. Enjoy the break, see who we sign and then have a meltdown. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Taylor - despite his myriad of faults -has been decent this season. 

It seems weird that we'd let him (and Hoban) go for financial reasons, while keeping a guy who's barely kicked a ball in the last 2 years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Have to admit that besides maybe Gallagher none of the recruitment stories so far are filling me with much confidence for next season.

It does seem a bit like the same old approach from Aberdeen - rounding up out of contract guys who have been good for their current clubs but not good enough for the Old Firm or down south. Don’t get me wrong, its a sound enough strategy, and one that’ll probably keep you the best of the rest or thereabouts, and I dearly wish United had the resources to go and sign a guy like Gallagher, but it’s exactly what McInnes did. I thought the new coach was supposed to have exciting, new ways of doing things? 

Edited by Junior_Arab
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It does seem a bit like the same old approach from Aberdeen - rounding up out of contract guys who have been good for their current clubs but not good enough for the Old Firm or down south. Don’t get me wrong, its a sound enough strategy, and one that’ll probably keep you the best of the rest or thereabouts, and I dearly wish United had the resources to go and sign a guy like Gallagher, but it’s exactly what McInnes did. I thought the new coach was supposed to have exciting, new ways of doing things? 


So far they are obviously focusing on bringing in experience as a spine. JET has looked excellent the games I’ve seen him in. However if we really want to push on we need a top striker by Scottish standards alongside him
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...