The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Pretty much nails it. For years our defence has taken too many touches when playing out from the back too.

Scoring when presented with an open goal would help as well.

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Think he’s possible more of a centre half these days but could be wrong 

That’s what I was thinking as well, and I would hope that he’s being signed as a centre back who,is comfortable on the ball. As for who he supports, or supported as a youngster, I couldn’t give any less of a sh*t.

33 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

A/ Fair enough.

B/ Only if we win more than we lose.

Sorry just meant in the Old Firm games.

32 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

From the looks of it we might be demanding 6 figures :D 

He'll be going to Asia if that's the case.

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Scoring when presented with an open goal would help as well.

Absolutely. 

Just now, Merkland Red said:

He'll be going to Asia if that's the case.

Seems as though you're likely to pay it as he's agreed personal terms. He was offered 10k+ p/w in Asia so he'll be on a good wage too

From the looks of it we might be demanding 6 figures [emoji3] 

If JET is out of contract, Livi wouldn’t be entitled to anything, handshake or not.

Martindale has said that he hasn’t activated the automatic extension in his contract so he’d be completely entitled to walk away for nothing, whether that’s to a club in the UK or overseas.

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Seems as though you're likely to pay it as he's agreed personal terms. He was offered 10k+ p/w in Asia so he'll be on a good wage too

£10k is more than we offered Graeme Shinnie to stay and more than Joe Lewis' current wage. That plus a six figure fee are fantasy numbers.

3 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

If JET is out of contract, Livi wouldn’t be entitled to anything, handshake or not.

Martindale has said that he hasn’t activated the automatic extension in his contract so he’d be completely entitled to walk away for nothing, whether that’s to a club in the UK or overseas.

Probably not a stretch to consider JET may have requested it.

3 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

My feeling us that he is either out of contract or he's not. If he is, no fee or compensation, if he's not then he can get tae... 

If we do sign Emmanuel-Thomas (naebody JET's me) then hopefully it's no more than a back-up enigma type player, to a couple of more proven strikers. His career is the epitomy of journeyman.  Didn't we get Pasquinelli from Livingston?

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

On the Lyndon Dykes-o-meter, maybe the Livi guys could tell us how JET rates ?

Did someone sound the "compare two players klaxon"? 👀

Spoiler

dykes.thumb.png.ae4553d05046c46e8a68b6798b4865da.png

Percentage score is how similar they are in style. Blue performance bar means "elite" for that level.

tl:dr Dykes do more runny and shooty, JET do more head head and passy, both big and strong.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did someone sound the "compare two players klaxon"? 👀

Hide contents

dykes.thumb.png.ae4553d05046c46e8a68b6798b4865da.png

Percentage score is how similar they are in style. Blue performance bar means "elite" for that level.

tl:dr Dykes do more runny and shooty, JET do more head head and passy, both big and strong.

Greeny for the tl:dr

11 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

He's out of contract but has an extension clause that only activates if he is to sign for another club in the UK. So basically we'll activate that extension and sell him straight away. He had an agreement with Martindale that if he went to Asia we wouldn't activate it.

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

On the Lyndon Dykes-o-meter, maybe the Livi guys could tell us how JET rates ?

He's about a 2/10 on the Dykes scale. Dykes was an all round phenomena when it came to strikers, JET is a decent finisher and tricky with the ball at his feet but has zero pace and zero work rate off the ball. Play the ball in to his feet and you're fine, he'll do the hold up play well

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

£10k is more than we offered Graeme Shinnie to stay and more than Joe Lewis' current wage. That plus a six figure fee are fantasy numbers.

Probably not a stretch to consider JET may have requested it.

I've no idea why he'd stay otherwise to be honest. He's not on a lot of money with us but he was here to get fit basically

Edited by ATLIS

Decent interview from Glass on Red TV - saying what I hoped he'd say, rather than trying to embellish it as some kind of hard luck story.....................and making the point that suddenly playing well when 2-0 down and the opponents have taken the foot off the gas is not really a sign of a good side.

Obviously he now knows that he doesn't need to keep a lot of these guys on his side any more.

Edited by tarapoa

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

He's out of contract but has an extension clause that only activates if he is to sign for another club in the UK. So basically we'll activate that extension and sell him straight away. He had an agreement with Martindale that if he went to Asia we wouldn't activate it.

Have I got this right? If he agrees to sign for another club in the UK, an extension clause is activated. Because the extension clause is activated he is still a Livingston player. However, if the buying club then pulls out because they have to pay a fee, he is then a free agent again? And the pantomime starts again?

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

These type of “rumours” will continue until 31st August. 

I think Ferguson will depart this summer. I'd speculate 3 million plus add ons. Good business if it does transpire.

The likelihood is Allan Campbell who many believe would be a solid replacement for Ferguson will be off to England himself.

I anticipate the signings will be a bit more exciting then Robertson and Jay Emmanuel Thomas going forward.

Hoban and Taylor have played their last game apparently.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Have I got this right? If he agrees to sign for another club in the UK, an extension clause is activated. Because the extension clause is activated he is still a Livingston player. However, if the buying club then pulls out because they have to pay a fee, he is then a free agent again? And the pantomime starts again?

Yeah basically, sounds like a very weird situation. I imagine it's maybe a little more simple and the 'handshake' and 'gentleman's agreement' part is us not activating it if he goes abroad. If he doesn't then we extend it and make a club pay a fee. Very weird situation though. Could end up messy if one side pulls out at any point