The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Signing a player who was rubbish in his first spell with us and is well known for his Rangers supporting loyalty is hardly going to be popular with most Aberdeen fans

I’m not expecting us to rip the heid off it as the prospect off it, let him have a clean slate and see what he can do

As for the Rangers thing, maybe it’s an age thing but I really couldn’t give a f**k 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Weirdly, I seem to have watched Rotherham quite a bit in the last couple of months. Many of their relegation battle games were live on Sky and I think I tuned in out of boredom. 

I think Robertson generally played left back. I don't remember him being bad, or sensational.....but that could sum up pretty much every defender in Scottish football in the last few years. 

On the plus side he's a good looking fucker, and I'm a big believer in the fact that a sexy side is a succesful side. I'll be devastated if we sign The Thumb....relegation beckons. 

Just now, Baldie1980 said:

I feel weird I thought we didn't look that bad

In the second half we were pretty good going forward. Was a big change from sitting  back and defending for our lives for 75 mins then going for it late.

If you gift a team as good as Rangers goals then you're always going to struggle. I've seen enough of Glass to decide that if he gets recruitment right we'll be fine.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

In the second half we were pretty good going forward. Was a big change from sitting  back and defending for our lives for 75 mins then going for it late.

If you gift a team as good as Rangers goals then you're always going to struggle. I've seen enough of Glass to decide that if he gets recruitment right we'll be fine.

I think completely the opposite. It's too early to judge but not too early to predict. 

He has no chance of "getting the recruitment right".  Aberdeen can't afford the quality of player you need to play the way he wants to play.  Does any Aberdeen fan seriously think the names we're being linked with can deliver better than fourth playing expansive football?

And he's locked into it, because the change in style is Cormack's justification for giving him the job.

He'll either be gone or a lame duck by Christmas.

Plenty are going to disagree, but IMO it's all driven by wishful thinking. Let's compare notes in 6 months time.

17 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Ferguson was much better in the 2nd half once he moved forward but how on earth did he hit the bar from there?

Would be happy if I never see Hendry, Kamberi or Hornby in an Aberdeen strip ever again.

Other than the miss, which was one of the worst you will ever see anywhere, I still thought Ferguson was poor.  He does try things, but a lot more breaks down with him than others.

He's been a great signing - but if we are to cash in, his stock his probably high enough to do so this summer - as is the necessity for funds.

Said it before, but of the loan players, Hornby is probably the one that will have the best career................just been too stoppy-starty with us, but similar to Perth a few weeks back, we looked a much better side when he came on. He also missed one he should have got on the end of, but laid Ferguson's chance on a plate for him.

For all the decent play in the second half - two goals were still conceded due to unnecessarily risky passes in our own half.  Gerrard mentioned before the game the change of style from AFC and how they would be ready to pounce on any errors - and they certainly punished them.  We need to get used to this kind of thing happening - and I am not sure losing easy goals is ever particularly entertaining as fan.

Edited by tarapoa

28 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Amazingly I've switched off after a 4-0 defeat and felt more optimistic for next season than I did before it.

Same, which is quite strange. You are beginning to see some patterns of play, and our passing and our movement off the ball were quite a bit better than in previous games against Rangers this season. We should have scored at least once, probably twice, in the second half.

Ferguson, with the exception of a couple of games, has begun to look more like himself since Glass came in, which should bode well for next season - there is no excuse for not scoring that tap in, but some signs that he is beginning to play a bit more with the handbrake off, which is when he is at his most effective. 

9 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Other than the miss, which was one of the worst you will ever see anywhere, I still thought Ferguson was poor.  He does try things, but a lot more breaks down with him than others.

He's been a great signing - but if we are to cash in, his stock his probably high enough to do so this summer - as is the necessity for funds.

Said it before, but of the loan players, Hornby is probably the one that will have the best career................just been too stoppy-starty with us, but similar to Perth a few weeks back, we looked a much better side when he came on. He also missed one he should have got on the end of, but laid Ferguson's chance on a plate for him.

For all the decent play in the second half - two goals were still conceded due to unnecessarily risky passes in our own half.  Gerrard mentioned before the game the change of style from AFC and how they would be ready to pounce on any errors - and they certainly punished them.  We need to get used to this kind of thing happening - and I am not sure losing easy goals is ever particularly entertaining as fan.

I don't even think they were risky passes. Hoban's was awful and nowhere near any of the three players he aimed towards and Campbells was a lack of concentration. I don't think we can blame either goal on the style of football.

That today was miles better than any of the performances against that lot this season and that speaks volumes. 

14 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

I think completely the opposite. It's too early to judge but not too early to predict. 

He has no chance of "getting the recruitment right".  Aberdeen can't afford the quality of player you need to play the way he wants to play.  Does any Aberdeen fan seriously think the names we're being linked with can deliver better than fourth playing expansive football?

And he's locked into it, because the change in style is Cormack's justification for giving him the job.

He'll either be gone or a lame duck by Christmas.

Plenty are going to disagree, but IMO it's all driven by wishful thinking. Let's compare notes in 6 months time.

How does he not have any chance of getting recruitment right? I'm not asking for him to compete with Celtic and Rangers on his budget but we spend more than the other teams below us and under McInnes we were outplayed by most of them.

6 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

My main issue with Robertson is the fact he's a *** from the NE. 

Petty as all f**k but I simply canna abide by c***s like that. 

I used to know one of those, He'd go along union grove kicking the wing mirrors off of cars most saturday nights. Utter bellend of a man.

Martindale has just confirmed he expects JET to sign for Aberdeen

"By JET staying in Scotland, I've also got a handshake that we would command a fee. Would I love to see JET staying in Scotland? Yes, I would. Would it help Livingston Football Club financially if he stays in Scotland? Yes, it would. They're not getting him for nothing."

Enjoy him, he's a weird  player. He'll look lazy and awkward at times and then just rip someone to bits or score a daft goal. I'm convinced he'll bang goals in for you.

7 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

I’m not expecting us to rip the heid off it as the prospect off it, let him have a clean slate and see what he can do

As for the Rangers thing, maybe it’s an age thing but I really couldn’t give a f**k 

If Rangers fans like Kenny Dalglish and Danny McGrain can play for Celtic, I, too, don't really see the problem.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I don't even think they were risky passes. Hoban's was awful and nowhere near any of the three players he aimed towards and Campbells was a lack of concentration. I don't think we can blame either goal on the style of football.

That today was miles better than any of the performances against that lot this season and that speaks volumes. 

How does he not have any chance of getting recruitment right? I'm not asking for him to compete with Celtic and Rangers on his budget but we spend more than the other teams below us and under McInnes we were outplayed by most of them.

Maybe so, but we still lost 4-0.

32 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Martindale has just confirmed he expects JET to sign for Aberdeen

"By JET staying in Scotland, I've also got a handshake that we would command a fee. Would I love to see JET staying in Scotland? Yes, I would. Would it help Livingston Football Club financially if he stays in Scotland? Yes, it would. They're not getting him for nothing."

Enjoy him, he's a weird  player. He'll look lazy and awkward at times and then just rip someone to bits or score a daft goal. I'm convinced he'll bang goals in for you.

Can't say I'm excited about but he's definitely a handy player.

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Maybe so, but we still lost 4-0.

True. And it's shite but it was never a 4-0 game. I can accept that.

We lost 4-2 to them a couple of years ago where we played them off the park. Players were clapped off. Basically play well and create and the fans will be far more forgiving.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

A/ True. And it's shite but it was never a 4-0 game. I can accept that.

B/ We lost 4-2 to them a couple of years ago where we played them off the park. Players were clapped off. Basically play well and create and the fans will be far more forgiving.

A/ Fair enough.

B/ Only if we win more than we lose.