The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

35 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

1255131229_ezgif.com-resize(1).gif.15701e04aaf943db334fc97a72822253.gif

Sooo... after some pleasing displays of late are we looking forward to our top scorer returning to the fold?

I'm not sure he should get straight back in the team to be honest. He doesn't work the channels and hold up as well as Watkins, but he's scored so many goals in the last couple of seasons that you can't not play him.

Hopefully his return (whenever it is) doesn't signal a return to hoofball. Feels like we are just starting to play proper football again and I'd be sad if we return to the eye bleed stuff.

Excellent gifing by the way.

Ideal scenario for me would be to get Cosgrove fit and sold for 3million to plug the financial gap. Or if being greedy he stays but as a super sub if required if we could afford to keep everyone.

Never a type of player for the link up play and movement. Granted he has improved over the last couple of seasons but a step backwards starting him again.

Guest Bob Mahelp
12 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Great GIF work, that. 

It will be interesting to see what happens with Cosgrove, provided he is still with us when he returns to fitness. I suppose Watkins could replace one of Wright or Hedges and make room for Cosgrove to 'lead the line', although I have really liked some of the interchange between the current front three - they seem to be developing a good understanding.

Anyway, one of the front three will probably get a six-month injury in the next couple of weeks and that will be the dilemma solved. 

I'm stunned that Scott Wright has lasted so long tbh. 

(He was excellent yesterday. Probably his best game for the Dons.)

12 hours ago, big al said:

Ideal scenario for me would be to get Cosgrove fit and sold for 3million to plug the financial gap. Or if being greedy he stays but as a super sub if required if we could afford to keep everyone.

Never a type of player for the link up play and movement. Granted he has improved over the last couple of seasons but a step backwards starting him again.

Absolutely. My fear is that he comes back into the team and we go back to lumping the ball up the park boring hoofball.

It's still disappointing.

It's only this last week it's dawned on me that there will be no away fans this season and probably no pay at the gate fans this season.

I was being probably blindly optimistic. 

Even as a season ticket holder I am now starting to realise I could be looking at five or less games for this season.

It’s a worry for next season

The usual punters were happy to fork out for season tickets across the majority of clubs in Scotland this season which should be enough to keep us all afloat 

Can’t see nearly as many people being that generous next season if things still persists 

I know the challenges of getting people to and from stadiums but Aberdeen have the facilities for thousands of people to socially distance in the stands and in corporate 

And also I’ve been thinking about the lower leagues - surely to f**k they will let the likes of Forfar, Elgin etc get 500 fans in?

Their stadiums can accommodate many times that 

I'd be surprised if the lower leagues even start in October without Nicola allowing at least 300 (but hopefully 500 or 700) fans to start from October 5th (the current indicative date).

At that point hopefully we'll have a better chance of getting to Pittodrie

Guest Bob Mahelp
14 hours ago, d31 said:

No test events in uk football this weekend apparently

It's pish.

I stumbled across the rugby last night live on BT Sport from Gloucester. 1000 allowed in, all sitting drinking beer and shouting and singing (as much as rugby does). 

Why is it good enough for rugby on a Monday night and not good enough for a football game on a Saturday ? The whole nanny state thing is going to kill off life as we know it.